Snow and Trail Conditions??

Renegade X

https://ofsc.evtrails.com/#

East of north bay looking yellow, but you want guaranteed head to New Liskeard/Kirkland lake, tons of guys reporting Cochrane area is great right now. 

Around lake of bays starting to go yellow, I believe we'll see some dwight and dorset stuff go yellow by the weekend as well, possibly. 

I got fucking Pneumonia at Christmas, i have not even started my sled since before then. 

47 minutes ago, steve6 said:

East of north bay looking yellow, but you want guaranteed head to New Liskeard/Kirkland lake, tons of guys reporting Cochrane area is great right now. 

Around lake of bays starting to go yellow, I believe we'll see some dwight and dorset stuff go yellow by the weekend as well, possibly. 

I got fucking Pneumonia at Christmas, i have not even started my sled since before then. 

We all got knocked on our asses with something here but luckily not that bad.  All the sleds are ready to go thanks to wildbill.

Take care.

58 minutes ago, steve6 said:

I know what the OFSC says, but I want to know what it's actually like.  

2 hours ago, Renegade X said:

What is it like to the North?? I've got 57 fuckin miles on my new sled and want to ride this weekend. Can anyone North give us a report?? Our cottage on Kushog Lake has basically nothing..

Sorry to start a sled related topic....

The Valois in Mattawa says some trails are open there. Around here the rail trail is yellow from Fenelon to Haliburton

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The Valois in Mattawa says some trails are open there. Around here the rail trail is yellow from Fenelon to Haliburton

I saw that too.  I'd rather hear from sledders instead of a hotel wanting people to come and stay at their place though.  And I don't know how the rail line can even be open after that rain

1 minute ago, Renegade X said:

I saw that too.  I'd rather hear from sledders instead of a hotel wanting people to come and stay at their place though.  And I don't know how the rail line can even be open after that rain

The rain froze up pretty good and we got 4-6" overnight. Plenty of sleds on there yesterday and today. I went by the trail a few times today and it looked ok. My buddy just got back from Que and put on 1100kms on his new sled. He said trails we excellent but that means you'd have to trailer there

2 hours ago, Renegade X said:

I know what the OFSC says, but I want to know what it's actually like.  

You need to just get on Facebook, all the info and clubs posting are there. Create a dummy account if needed. 

Screenshot_20200113-184958.png

8 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Im on Facebook... I was just hoping that some buddy here rode a sled and could give a report....lol.  

I'm not.  

Heading up this weekend to check things out and give the new sled a test ride

7 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Im on Facebook... I was just hoping that some buddy here rode a sled and could give a report....lol.  

Wrong forum for that, the only regulars here are dope smokers and stock exchange watchers :ashamed:

18 minutes ago, steve6 said:

Wrong forum for that, the only regulars here are dope smokers and stock exchange watchers :ashamed:

:lol:LOL.

I just had 3 friends return from Cochrane who said the conditions were minty. They posted a bunch of pics on FB and things did look great. Quite the hike to go sledding but I think when they left, those trails were mostly the only ones open during that time?

Personally, I'd check out Ontario Conditions for trail conditions/info as most there update regularly. 

Just now, irv said:

I just had 3 friends return from Cochrane who said the conditions were minty. They posted a bunch of pics on FB and things did look great. Quite the hike to go sledding but I think when they left, those trails were mostly the only ones open during that time?

Personally, I'd check out Ontario Conditions for trail conditions/info as most there update regularly. 

Not really interested in that, at least not yet.

Saw some pics on OC and the trails look great.

• Like 1

This past weekends storm has put down a rock hard layer of dense snow here in Wasaga. If we get the snow forecasted this week, I could see it going yellow for the weekend. Groomer has been out as well.  I checked out the beach run yesterday and it’s almost unridiable, most of the locals are using the backroads and parks roads to get around. 

31 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

This past weekends storm has put down a rock hard layer of dense snow here in Wasaga. If we get the snow forecasted this week, I could see it going yellow for the weekend. Groomer has been out as well.  I checked out the beach run yesterday and it’s almost unridiable, most of the locals are using the backroads and parks roads to get around. 

I'm crossing my fingers for that as well.  Should be lots starting to open.

2 hours ago, irv said:

I didn't really want to drive 8 hours to ride but I was getting close to heading there lol

1 hour ago, dirtybeacher said:

Thanks for the info.

We just booked a cabin in Mattawa Thursday and Sat,  riding to Pembroke for Friday night.  

If it opens here, I suspect it will be a bit rough, and although we are generally pretty dry, that torrential rain from the weekend will cause some problems.  The forecast is setting up for some system snow, lake effect and cold. I bet a week from now it’ll be a whole new ball game.  Can’t remember a worse year for snow here in at least a decade. 

Today pic

F5B5E81A-E9E0-4D06-BD37-78CD4596DD6A.jpeg

15 minutes ago, RCR70ss said:

Go to temiskaming shores Turn Left, enjoy hundreds of Km of pristine trails!  

Recent pics?