Grand Rapids Man Killed in Wexford County Snowmobile Crash

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i hit one on First Conn one day with CKF that was so bad I was in the air long enough to think should i just dump the sled and rag doll.  

I had plenty of time to think about bailing. It was flying straight just nose down and I instinctively panic revved her and it got the skis back in front off me. Did that once before on my '03 Pro X. I was jumping a drift coming off a lake. About the 5th run, I hit a wood guard rail post in the drift that sent me 85 feet flying nose straight down. Panic revved it and it just got back enough not to eject me on landing. My buddies were sitting there as I flew by 10 feet in the air. Picture below is the post I hit and where my buddies are sitting is where i hit it. Where I took the picture is where i landed. Paced it out to 85 feet....

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

MU old buss partner took his kids when they were 13 or so to Rangley. One hit one that was at an angle and it spun him like a bullet coming out of a rifle. I don't believe the kid ever got on a sled again

First night we were on Rangely for Snodeo, 5 minutes int our ride, a guy hit that big ridge on the East End and total his sled, got knocked the fuck out and had an obviously broken arm. Meanwhile, his drunken buddies were too fucked up to realize his sled was toast and were trying to stand him up. All they were worried about was getting bust for drinking. Fucking idiots.

sleds 663 (Small).jpg

sleds 656.jpg

2 hours ago, s pump said:

I hit a ridge Satdee and almost ghosted my sled. Fortunately, the Axys chassis sucks up bad hits pretty good. I saw it about 1/2  second before I hit it at about 50. Ass end kicked up about 5 feet and my feet were  probably 4 feet above my seat. She was flying nose down but panic rev leveled it out before landing. It's been a while since that feeling. 

Oh, and keep your fucking hands on the bars.......

Fucking rookies.

Nice save! :bc:

2 hours ago, Anler said:

If you have never done one of those you haven't snowmobiled long enough. I've done hand stands on the handle bars just waiting to see which way my legs will fall. I had a 96 mxz that I swear was trying to kill me.

:lol:

11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

MU old buss partner took his kids when they were 13 or so to Rangley. One hit one that was at an angle and it spun him like a bullet coming out of a rifle. I don't believe the kid ever got on a sled again

Rangely has always been bad with the pressure ridges.  Head off in the morning to smooth ice for miles straight down the lake.  Come back in the afternoon, and there would be these 4-5’ pressure ridges that werent there a few hours earlier.

11 hours ago, Anler said:

If you have never done one of those you haven't snowmobiled long enough. I've done hand stands on the handle bars just waiting to see which way my legs will fall. I had a 96 mxz that I swear was trying to kill me.

It was!  Those things were pretty foul in hindsight. :lol: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Rangely has always been bad with the pressure ridges.  Head off in the morning to smooth ice for miles straight down the lake.  Come back in the afternoon, and there would be these 4-5’ pressure ridges that werent there a few hours earlier.

It was!  Those things were pretty foul in hindsight. :lol: 

I put an m-10 on it and it was a totally different machine. It was like a bucking bronco before that. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Buddies dad hit one at about 90-95 crossing Big Manistique Lake back in '04. Luckily only 1 ski caught and threw him off to the side before the sled rolled. If he would have been another foot to the left he would have caught both skis. I don't think he would have survived that. Sled was folded almost in half