Grand Rapids Man Killed in Wexford County Snowmobile Crash

• Platinum Contributing Member

State police say a Grand Rapids man is dead after a snowmobile crash in Wexford County.

Troopers were called to a crash on Trail 3715 in Boon Township just before 1 p.m Sunday.

MSP says a man from Grand Rapids lost control of his snowmobile while going around a turn and hit a tree.

Couple friends of mine came up on the fire truck in the middle of the trail today right after it happened. Very sad. The guy was like 28 years old.

shocking more of us are not culled every season . we are a sadistic bunch . I personally know 3 people who have died on sleds and I in a chair for life and many with busted bady parts . yet I keep coming back for more 

he'll I have been there for 2 diff cbopper rides out of the nearest clearing to the hospital 

Edited by Ez ryder

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

shocking more of us are not culled every season . we are a sadistic bunch . I personally know 3 people who have died on sleds and I in a chair for life and many with busted bady parts . yet I keep coming back for more 

he'll I have been there for 2 diff cbopper rides out of the nearest clearing to the hospital 

One of the guys I ride with has had some epic crashes and he still rides like a lunatic. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

One of the guys I ride with has had some epic crashes and he still rides like a lunatic. 

Best solution i have found is to maintain control of your sled and not crash.  :bc:  too many assholes with something to prove.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Best solution i have found is to maintain control of your sled and not crash.  :bc:  too many assholes with something to prove.......

Ever know one of those guys that just have no fear? Seriously he gets on the sled and tapes the throttle. twisty trails, straight aways, whatever. 

Just now, Anler said:

Ever know one of those guys that just have no fear? Seriously he gets on the sled and tapes the throttle. twisty trails, straight aways, whatever. 

Young guys with that attitude usually don’t last real long in the sport. I’m knocking on wood, because in years past I’m sure I drove too fast and took too many chances just like all the guys in my crew did. One buddy got used as a speedbump by someone coming the other way and had to get medevaced out.  Fuck that.

• Thanks 1

You probably have never seen this. It was during an organized radar run ffs. This was hit first weekend on his new sled.... 

I could be wrong but my generation grew up on sleds from when were tots. Today guys get started in the young 20's get a new sled that has 150+up that any moron can make go fast. Recipe for disaster imo 

Edited by washedupmxer

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Damn.....are that many people that bad of riders or is it alcohol or both?   Been riding for nearly 40 years and I can't say I've had any near death experiences.   

Out west is another story.   Should have been dead dozens of times back when we weren't avalanche aware.  

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Young guys with that attitude usually don’t last real long in the sport. I’m knocking on wood, because in years past I’m sure I drove too fast and took too many chances just like all the guys in my crew did. One buddy got used as a speedbump by someone coming the other way and had to get medevaced out.  Fuck that.

This guy is in his 50's... 

10 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

You probably have never seen this. It was during an organized radar run ffs. This was hit first weekend on his new sled.... 

I could be wrong but my generation grew up on sleds from when were tots. Today guys get started in the young 20's get a new sled that has 150+up that any moron can make go fast. Recipe for disaster imo 

Oh damn he was airborn for a while. 

27 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Some truth to this. A lot of us made our mistakes on a 40 hp sled. Not a lot of room for error when you going as fast as the new sleds go.

The fear of hurting someone else keeps me in control more than anything.   I could care less about the people that kill themselves....in fact other than making govt want to step in more and more and place regulations on us it just removes them from the sport.  Don't get me wrong I like and do ride fast but during the busy times I stay on my side of the trail. 

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

It really is amazing.  It mostly just seem to be the drunkards that off themselves.  Darwin knows....

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

At least he only killed himself, and not some innocent folks trying to enjoy the day !

Yup.  I ride rough out there and will put myself at risk plenty but, tagging somebody else coming around a corner and hurting/killing them would haunt me the rest of my life.  Imagine it being a kid just learning how to ride.  Holy shit.  I’d have to go start seeing Spinner for counseling.....or, not go through anymore against and just kill myself.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Am a HUGE proponent of stopping stupid hand signaling.  Keep your god damn hands on the bars!!!!

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It really is amazing.  It mostly just seem to be the drunkards that off themselves.  Darwin knows....

Yup.  I ride rough out there and will put myself at risk plenty but, tagging somebody else coming around a corner and hurting/killing them would haunt me the rest of my life.  Imagine it being a kid just learning how to ride.  Holy shit.  I’d have to go start seeing Spinner for counseling.....or, not go through anymore against and just kill myself.

Am a HUGE proponent of stopping stupid hand signaling.  Keep your god damn hands on the bars!!!!

Apparently Ben is a survivor. :lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

If you think about it just for a second.....there is almost nothing you can do that is dumber than that.  Maybe take both hands off the bars?

Snocrosser wannabe wearing a pit coat and a pair of crocs? :lmao: