Big news from doo coming tomorrow

Rod

Just now, Matt said:

You'd think they could build in some monitoring tech to pull boost when bad gas is detected or something like that... but I'm sure the warranty department accountants wouldn't green light that.

It would require closed loop ecu control. Simple

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Just when you thought Bhent, Gaped Anus , Vaginasnotaclowncarwoman and Woodspic couldn't get any dumber........

Good thing you got a four year warranty. It’s going to take you that long to get it out of break in.:owned::lol:

• Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

Reality is if you haven't spent some time riding in the mountains then commenting on how this isn't huge really shows your ignorance.    Bravo BRP.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Not a mountain rider so this question is for them. What is the life expectancy of a boosted sled, not so much miles as hours. 

reeds about every other trip .is the biggest pita .also heads don't always last chains bust 

so if a non boosted mountain sled is as good as done in 4500mi the boosted one is done in say 2200mi .also most turbo guys tend to be a lot harder on equipment than the all stock crew just a personality and riding style thing hence they would wear out a NA a lot faster also 

rebuilds obviously can be done but most guys dumping a turbo on there 15k sled have the scratch to just get a new one every yr or 2 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

reeds about every other trip .is the biggest pita .also heads don't always last chains bust 

so if a non boosted mountain sled is as good as done in 4500mi the boosted one is done in say 2200mi .also most turbo guys tend to be a lot harder on equipment than the all stock crew just a personality and riding style thing hence they would wear out a NA a lot faster also 

rebuilds obviously can be done but most guys dumping a turbo on there 15k sled have the scratch to just get a new one every yr or 2 

I just don't see that with keeping HP at or near stock levels.   

I thought I seen no intercooler which shocks me considering the long slow pulls that happen out west.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

I dont think these will sell well at all. Skidoo will have built the faggot ass thing so it's tough to make any added hp with it and nobody is gonna pay 18k for one when they can just go aftermarket turbo and have an actual power increase

wrong. they will sell a bunch .

35 to 45hp at elevation is huge most of the time in CO your 800 850 is putting out the power of a 600 in a iowa a corn field  

the warrenty it the huge thing.  I assume they will offer a 4 yr if so they will sell a fuck load .

most guys are only running about 180 /200 hp most of the time at elevation any way 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

To me it seems like a fantastic idea, certainly outside the box. Warranty, pump gas and the consistent power for the average rider who doesn't have a bunch of tuning ability is brilliant. 

Same here.  Always hated taking my strong-running sleds out to Togwotee.  Felt like riding a fanner.  Would be awesome to have flatland performance on pump gas.  10 lb weight gain for the plumbing can be offset by a lighter can.  I dig.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I just don't see that with keeping HP at or near stock levels.   

I thought I seen no intercooler which shocks me considering the long slow pulls that happen out west.

they are saying 165 up to 8k feet and up to 40% more power than a NA up high . 

IDGAF I am not buying one any way but they will sell . a guy is north of 20g to buy same sled and put a boondocker on it and have zero warrenty when done with the project