Sign in to follow this  
ACE

Big news from doo coming tomorrow

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Can't see a 2 stroke turbo.  I hear this all the time though.  "My dealer knows" or buddies uncle cousins son is a insider 

I would fall over if a manu came out with a 2 stroke turbo. And yeah the "my dealer" rumor mill. I have a good friend who is a service manager for a larger dealer network in Wisconsin and he doesnt really hear any of that stuff and he talks to the manu corporate people everyday. I asked him if Polaris is going to discontinue the Pro xc style sleds(because I want one)  with them all moving towards the Pro cc and he says " I dont know" :lol: 

  • Fuck You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

If they were to bring back a big triple, which they won't, it better be 200 HP + with today's tech or why bother with adding the extra weight.

850 turbo for sea level riding from the factory....Take my money!!!

$20k right around the corner! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I would fall over if a manu came out with a 2 stroke turbo. And yeah the "my dealer" rumor mill. I have a good friend who is a service manager for a larger dealer network in Wisconsin and he doesnt really hear any of that stuff and he talks to the manu corporate people everyday. I asked him if Polaris is going to discontinue the Pro xc style sleds(because I want one)  with them all moving towards the Pro cc and he says " I dont know" :lol: 

Mountain only from the factory maybe as early as this spring.   If not maybe in the next few years.

   All the aftermarket companies are still struggling getting them to work reliably at lower elevations.  

Edited by Highmark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will never be another new 2 stroke triple.   As much as some of us want its just not going to happen.

Look at all the mfg's to lean more and more into the engine (tech) sharing between sleds and UTV's down the road.   Right now that is where the money is at and being spent in R&D.     

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Anler said:

$20k right around the corner! 

For that price point I'd want a 300hp version like the Sea Doo RXP-X 300

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

For that price point I'd want a 300hp version like the Sea Doo RXP-X 300

Not me, I dont need a 300hp sled. :lol: 

  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

Can't see a 2 stroke turbo.  I hear this all the time though.  "My dealer knows" or buddies uncle cousins son is a insider 

I didn't say they know I said they told me a sled that doesn't lose power at elevation. I speculated a turbo the didn't respond. We will see in a few hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Mountain only from the factory maybe as early as this spring.   If not maybe in the next few years.

   All the aftermarket companies are still struggling getting them to work reliably at lower elevations.  

They aren't struggling at all. Any kit on market can run at sea level. Its just not cost effective. To make more than 200ish hp on a 2 stroke twin of 800ish cc you need good fuel. Doesn't matter if its turbo or big bore. To make that kind of power you need high octane. Avgas or race gas. 

To go from high elevation to low elevation without mechanical changes you need an EBC with tuning. That tuning is not free or cheap. 

 

At 1000ft elevation to run on pump gas it will need to be in the 3-4psi range. Maybe 200hp. Cheapest turbo kit on market now is $3k. And that doesn't have EBC. A lot easier to big bore vs turbo at low elevation. Turbo makes no sense at low elevation. 

BTW over 200ish hp at 10k feet still needs more than just pump gas.

Edited by Legend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buddy had a turbo 2 stroke mountain sled. Said it was like an on\off switch and sucked everywhere but deep powder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Legend said:

They aren't struggling at all. Any kit on market can run at sea level. Its just not cost effective. To make more than 200ish hp on a 2 stroke twin of 800ish cc you need good fuel. Doesn't matter if its turbo or big bore. To make that kind of power you need high octane. Avgas or race gas. 

To go from high elevation to low elevation without mechanical changes you need an EBC with tuning. That tuning is not free or cheap. 

 

At 1000ft elevation to run on pump gas it will need to be in the 3-4psi range. Maybe 200hp. Cheapest turbo kit on market now is $3k. And that doesn't have EBC. A lot easier to big bore vs turbo at low elevation. Turbo makes no sense at low elevation. 

BTW over 200ish hp at 10k feet still needs more than just pump gas.

Dude....why are you babbling about an EBC like its magic.

The fucking cat 1100 turbo has one and compensates for altitude and it's just a run of the mill Siemens ecu or something. 

This is 1950s level tech not some expensive magic bullet

  • Fuck You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without question a 2-stroke mountain sled.   Watch and listen.

1. 8000 ft and up would only be a 2 stroke.

2. Sound is without question a 2 stroke.

3. Likely be 180 ish hp pump gas.   That's a 65 hp gain at 10,000 ft.  

 

 

Edited by Highmark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ACE said:

Buddy had a turbo 2 stroke mountain sled. Said it was like an on\off switch and sucked everywhere but deep powder 

They are a lot better than they used to be, but if you want stock like throttle response you have to spend the big $$$. 

A boondocker ST kit is just like factory, just more power. But its not cheap....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bussman said:

If they release a new model with a dildo on the seat @Kev144, @Polaris 550 and @Momorider will be all over that spring check. :bc: 

That won't ever happen ass-head, but I bet you'd order one with a black dildo coming out of the top of the windshield, so you could " suck it while riding".  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Legend said:

They are a lot better than they used to be, but if you want stock like throttle response you have to spend the big $$$. 

A boondocker ST kit is just like factory, just more power. But its not cheap....

I’m sure the DBW system will make it better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Legend said:

They are a lot better than they used to be, but if you want stock like throttle response you have to spend the big $$$. 

A boondocker ST kit is just like factory, just more power. But its not cheap....

Mark up on those kits is fucking huge. There isnt $1800 worth of parts there

  • Fuck You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude....why are you babbling about an EBC like its magic.

The fucking cat 1100 turbo has one and compensates for altitude and it's just a run of the mill Siemens ecu or something. 

This is 1950s level tech not some expensive magic bullet

Dude.... we are talking 2 strokes.....when you figure it out come talk to me......

 

You ridden any 2 stroke turbos? When you do, you will figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Legend said:

They aren't struggling at all. Any kit on market can run at sea level. Its just not cost effective. To make more than 200ish hp on a 2 stroke twin of 800ish cc you need good fuel. Doesn't matter if its turbo or big bore. To make that kind of power you need high octane. Avgas or race gas. 

To go from high elevation to low elevation without mechanical changes you need an EBC with tuning. That tuning is not free or cheap. 

 

At 1000ft elevation to run on pump gas it will need to be in the 3-4psi range. Maybe 200hp. Cheapest turbo kit on market now is $3k. And that doesn't have EBC. A lot easier to big bore vs turbo at low elevation. Turbo makes no sense at low elevation. 

BTW over 200ish hp at 10k feet still needs more than just pump gas.

That's what I mean by not working.   :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Mark up on those kits is fucking huge. There isnt $1800 worth of parts there

Takes a shitload more tuning. Im not saying its not overpriced, just saying its not just hard parts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Polaris has been working on a 2 stroke mountain turbo for a few years ago.    They will likely release this spring as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Legend said:

Dude.... we are talking 2 strokes.....when you figure it out come talk to me......

 

You ridden any 2 stroke turbos? When you do, you will figure it out.

Tell.me the difference between 2 stroke ebc and altitude compensation and 4 stroke :lol:

fucking meathead

  • Fuck You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Tell.me the difference between 2 stroke ebc and altitude compensation and 4 stroke :lol:

fucking meathead

Hey stupid, does a F1100 have a EBC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Without question a 2-stroke mountain sled.   Watch and listen.

1. 8000 ft and up would only be a 2 stroke.

2. Sound is without question a 2 stroke.

3. Likely be 180 ish hp pump gas.   That's a 65 hp gain at 10,000 ft.  

 

 

So... 168hp 800?

  • Fuck You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Legend said:

Hey stupid, does a F1100 have a EBC?

Did you just fucking ask me if an NA sled had an EBC :lol:

dumb motherfucker 

  • Fuck You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.