Big news from doo coming tomorrow

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Legend said:

to me?

Boondocker ST is 32lbs IIRC. Then you subtract the factory muffler at 19lbs. So about 13lbs gain. -Edit no intercooler.

Silbers kit is a little lighter, I dont recall the weight. 

Who makes the most reliable aftermarket kit.   Silber or Boondockers?   What kind of power you looking at on pump gas with those kits?

1 minute ago, Legend said:

This is just my opinion to be clear....

Fucking fancy shocks are useless on deep powder sleds. Your riding on powder, not mogulled out trails. Soft compression, very little rebound, and you're good. 

I have to agree really good shocks are not a necessity on a mountain sled.  

34 minutes ago, ACE said:

First time in history a company adds a turbo to make zero more power lol

Brain dead statement of the year.  

• Thanks 2

Just now, Highmark said:

Who makes the most reliable aftermarket kit.   Silber or Boondockers?   What kind of power you looking at on pump gas with those kits?

BD uses Garret turbos. 

SIlber uses KPA.

They both oil them the same way. 

The real difference probably comes done to tuning. 190-200hp is probably pretty reasonable to expect on 91 octane. Anymore is probably pushing right to the edge.

Just now, Legend said:

BD uses Garret turbos. 

SIlber uses KPA.

They both oil them the same way. 

The real difference probably comes done to tuning. 190-200hp is probably pretty reasonable to expect on 91 octane. Anymore is probably pushing right to the edge.

Have they become pretty pull and go?   My last time out there a few years ago and the guys I talked to in the Red Fox Saloon said not so much.   Not major problems but not stock pull and go either.   Don't recall whose kits they were running.

Just now, Highmark said:

Have they become pretty pull and go?   My last time out there a few years ago and the guys I talked to in the Red Fox Saloon said not so much.   Not major problems but not stock pull and go either.   Don't recall whose kits they were running.

Yes. They are fantastic. 

The BD is set and forget. sea level to 12k ft. No adjusting weights, boost, nothing. 

The silber is also pull and go but, you have to manually either adjust boost or weights for elevation. If you set it for 8k ft, you are still good to 10k. But after that, if you want peak performance you should probably raise boost or lighten weights. Lower and you have to lower boost or add weight and octane. 

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

Yes. They are fantastic. 

The BD is set and forget. sea level to 12k ft. No adjusting weights, boost, nothing. 

The silber is also pull and go but, you have to manually either adjust boost or weights for elevation. If you set it for 8k ft, you are still good to 10k. But after that, if you want peak performance you should probably raise boost or lighten weights. Lower and you have to lower boost or add weight and octane. 

those both running straight 91 pump gas or having to splash avgas in as well.  

Edited by Angry ginger

Just now, Angry ginger said:

those both running straight pump gas or having to splash avgas in as well.  

You can do either. More boost and HP needs avgas or you can set them to run 91. 

They will give you recommendations on how much boost at what elevations for pump or avgas.

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Buddy has been renting silber etec 850s for 2 years. Says the rental place has a fleet of them and they are bullet proof

The 850's seem to be plenty stout for a turbo, see lots of them on the net. 

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think they get set at 5-6psi and they are gas and go. Probably 190hp 

Gas, then put in some $25/gal gas, then double check your mixing ratio, then go. And go with no warranty

post-20406-0-86580500-1579118746.png

Edited by Doorider
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Simple VP octane booster will work lol

Yup , or klotz or lucas.

My buddies doo 1200 runs a tune specifically designed for the lucas octane booster. They can run 3-4lbs more boost with that shit in the tank.

Silbers springs are not exact. The 7psi spring is actually closer to 8.4psi of boost. I know this because we had a digital recall boost gauge on the sled. Though I had heard "rumors" before the install that their springs were higher than the actual rating. Which is what we found. The 7 lbs actually spikes to 9.2lbs then falls to 8.4. 

So if that holds true for the 3lbs spring, 3lbs at sea level is just too much. Yes needs more octane. 

The BD can be run at sea level at least with a Tial waste gate. It keeps the psi much more accurate. IDK what it is at exact sea level, but its around 3lbs at 900 ft. I say around only because the sled its on is running higher boost levels than just straight pump gas and also is higher compression than stock. But it is safe using 3 gals of avgas to 8-8.5 gals of 91. It makes 4ish psi here at 900ft. It doesn't get ridden here other than just a couple hundred yard "shakedown" to make sure its ready to go. 

BTW though avgas prices vary wildly, it is sold here for $4.19 gal. 91 oct at lava mtn lodge in togwotee is $4.00 gal. 

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

They could just take the 5k they saved , spend 3500 of it on a silber kit and boot stomp the new whiz bang 165hp turbo doo that really isnt turbocharged 

silber is sub par and still zero warrenty 

Edited by Ez ryder

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

You're a fucking retard

no he is not . reads alone are enough to prove his stament . pull and go fuck no always dicking around . i have buds with them all ha e been put in at alpine motorsports so let's just say not backyard jobs.  still have to fuck with them alot