Big news from doo coming tomorrow

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Legend said:

The way I understand it, it will lose 3% per 1000ft above 8,000ft. Just like NA because it cant push anymore boost then 4psi. Which isn't a big deal. 

We just got back from Togwotee sunday morning. 21 hrs one way here. Snow was awesome. Super soft. 

Love tog.    Been there 25 times.    1st time in spring of 1984.   Even rode with then owner Dave Helgerson one afternoon that trip.   My dad and Al Unser Sr. Traded highmarks over in Breccia.   Unser was on a poo 440 turbo and dad on a kawi Interceptor.

Most of the trip we rode mainly sitting.   Didn't know any better.   The afternoon with Helgerson an older couplebin their 60's went with us on the first year phazers.   Schooled us and thats when we learned about riding standing and on your knees.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

Love tog.    Been there 25 times.    1st time in spring of 1984.   Even rode with then owner Dave Helgerson one afternoon that trip.   My dad and Al Unser Sr. Traded highmarks over in Breccia.   Unser was on a poo 440 turbo and dad on a kawi Interceptor.

Ive never staying at TML. Always over at Lava Mtn Lodge. Do most of our riding south and west from LML, or over by brooks lake. Less people. 

We go to wherever the good snow is. Usually wait until a week before to reserve a room somewhere. Everywhere seems to be getting hit the last 2 weeks. 

6 minutes ago, Legend said:

Ive never staying at TML. Always over at Lava Mtn Lodge. Do most of our riding south and west from LML, or over by brooks lake. Less people. 

We go to wherever the good snow is. Usually wait until a week before to reserve a room somewhere. Everywhere seems to be getting hit the last 2 weeks. 

Plenty of good riding away from the crowds if you know where to go.   Generally some of those places are a bit more avy prone and maybe why they are left alone.  Kettle, Leidy, East Leidy, Grouse are some of my favs.   Love Breccia and even as close to the lodge as it is we generally don't run into many there.

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Plenty of good riding away from the crowds if you know where to go.   Generally some of those places are a bit more avy prone and maybe why they are left alone.  

Yeah we got our spots all over the west. We dont get stupid with avy areas. I haven't been in all the riding areas at Tog, its just so huge, the areas we've been isn't real avy prone. 

You want to see an avy, go to Cooke City. There's some nasty shit. People get caught every year there.

Edited by Legend

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

Yeah we got our spots all over the west. We dont get stupid with avy areas. I haven't been in all the riding areas at Tog, its just so huge, the areas we've been isn't real avy prone. 

You want to see an avy, go to Cooke City. There's some nasty shit. People get caught every year there.

Tog is generally pretty safe.    Been near a few big ones and its disconcerting to say the least.   Been on every hill numerous times that every guy was killed on there since 92.   We are sooooo much more cautious than we use to be.

21 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

I've ridden some machines that weren't all that pretty but put out great performance. Sometimes, in the right situation and time, you look past the aesthetics and enjoy the ride. 

Just replace machines with fat chicks. Everybody had those nights in their drunken youth. :lol:

• Haha 1

This is interesting, maybe this guy is right after all.. he's been telling me that there will be Mach 1 coming out between now to 2022.  so Mach 1 850E turbo at some point?  but I still can't see how BRP would bring the name "Mach 1" back. 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

1 minute ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

This is interesting, maybe this guy is right after all.. he's been telling me that there will be Mach 1 coming out between now to 2022.  so Mach 1 850E turbo at some point?  but I still can't see how BRP would bring the name "Mach 1" back. 

1200 4tec turbo would absolutely destroy everything available right now and ben would jizz in his pants. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

1200 4tec turbo would absolutely destroy everything available right now and ben would jizz in his pants. 

The 1200 was the best 4 stroke still ever put in a sled. And doo had it detuned as possible. 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

The 1200 was the best 4 stroke still ever put in a sled. And doo had it detuned as possible. 

I doubt it will happen just saying that would be a monster of a sled. 

17 hours ago, f7ben said:

No , this is 100% bullshit

Faggot ass retards at skidoo just built a turbo sled that doesnt even make 2lbs of boost :lol:

it's so fucking dumb it's almost like it's fake news

I'll bet by next season or even this, someone will find a way to turn up the volume.

16 hours ago, Anler said:

Skidoo is like fox news, they take bullshit and make it sexy and people love it! Its genius! How much do you think one of those are gonna sale for? I bet they sell a ton of them. 

$18,599

1 minute ago, s pump said:

I'll bet by next season or even this, someone will find a way to turn up the volume.

$18,599

You guys are more mountain/off trail riders than we are. What do you think? Does this look desirable? 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

You guys are more mountain/off trail riders than we are. What do you think? Does this look desirable? 

Only if you spend time out west. Most of my friends sold their long tracks. Fly out once a year and rent. 20 hours in a truck gets old.

46 minutes ago, ACE said:

Think that's a bit of a stretch.   Yammie's 2 N/A 1000's were extremely good engines as is the Sidewinders.  

No NA four stroke would even touch the Apex and it basically came out in 2004 (06 with EFI). 

Edited by Highmark