Big news from doo coming tomorrow

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member

Total homerun.   The difference between a 600 and 850 out west is massive.   This sled will have a larger advantage than that over other 850's.   Every day no matter the temp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Doorider said:

For the extra coin I think they should have upped the hp by 10 at least.  Still be reliable but gives you something for your money at lower elevatiions 

it is not built for the flatlander . and i doubt ever will be 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Total homerun.   The difference between a 600 and 850 out west is massive.   This sled will have a larger advantage than that over other 850's.   Every day no matter the temp.

Yep.  I think this is a good move by Doo.  Once again, they are setting the pace.  If it holds together, it’s gonna be a good seller.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  I think this is a good move by Doo.  Once again, they are setting the pace.  If it holds together, it’s gonna be a good seller.

From new tech to fit and finnish.    They set the pace.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It is designed to as reliable as any other doo 850. The turbo simply allows the same amount of fuel to run through it at any elevation. 4 lbs of boost is to compensate for thin air at high altitude, not to put any more power down by increasing air and fuel like a normal turbo.

9 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

It is designed to as reliable as any other doo 850. The turbo simply allows the same amount of fuel to run through it at any elevation. 4 lbs of boost is to compensate for thin air at high altitude, not to put any more power down by increasing air and fuel like a normal turbo.

is it 4lbs across the board or do they have a altitude monitor to adjust boost as needed ? 

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Not a mountain rider so this question is for them. What is the life expectancy of a boosted sled, not so much miles as hours. 

That totally depends on the owner and boost level and like any other engine, some luck. 

We ride Polaris 800 rmks. We ride them because IMO they are the best mtn chassis. We open up the engines every other year at least. Thats usually about 1500-2000 mtn miles. Almost always pistons get replaced. They and rings are wear items. They most definitely could last longer, but we've had to pull broken down sleds out of the deep snow in the Rockies. And that sucks. Not to mention loosing riding and all that $$$ spent going out west. 

Anyway some kits have auxiliary injectors in the intake. And those pistons will generally last longer than a stock sled. The reeds, crankcase, bottom of the pistons, and cylinders are cooled by the fuel from the injectors in the intake. Even though its pushing 10+psi of boost (@ 10K ft, approx 210-220hp) the engine just is in better shape than a stock engine. That engine has over 4000 total miles, though the pistons and rings have been replaced 2 times. The last time the only reason new pistons were put in was because he already bought them. 

He also put a different kit on another sled for this year without the extra injectors. I don't expect that engine to last any longer or shorter than stock. 

I am surprised they did this. I like how they are pushing forward. Though its really a sled for people that cant or dont know how to make hp themselves. 

165hp at 8k and less hp higher for 18,100? No thanks. Spend the same and make much more HP.

Just now, Legend said:

I am surprised they did this. I like how they are pushing forward. Though its really a sled for people that cant or dont know how to make hp themselves. 

165hp at 8k and less hp higher for 18,100? No thanks. Spend the same and make much more HP.

Yeah it’s a big fat zero for me unless they make a 146 version and someone cracks them ECU to make it not gay 

1 minute ago, Legend said:

It's 40 more hp at 8000' than a regular 850. That's a pretty big deal. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Not for me or you, or any other flatlander.  :dunno: 

You'll still see dumbasses buy them there as I will here.  We have dumb fucks in Michigan on 165s and longer Summits and RMKs. They'll think they're making more power with this one   :lol: :lmao:

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's 40 more hp at 8000' than a regular 850. That's a pretty big deal. 

I agree it is a pretty big deal to someone who doesn't want to make more hp by doing it themselves and wants warranty. And there are plenty of guys like that. 

I ride mtns a lot more than here. And my warranties are usually gone after the first trip.

18 minutes ago, Legend said:

Least over 8000 appears to be 155.   They say +40 above 8000. 

This is a game changer for someone like me who has to drive 17+ hours to Togwotee and wants more than is out there currently and factory reliability.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Least over 8000 appears to be 155.   They say +40 above 8000. 

This is a game changer for someone like me who has to drive 17+ hours to Togwotee and wants more than is out there currently and factory reliability.

The way I understand it, it will lose 3% per 1000ft above 8,000ft. Just like NA because it cant push anymore boost then 4psi. Which isn't a big deal. 

We just got back from Togwotee sunday morning. 21 hrs one way here. Snow was awesome. Super soft.