Big news from doo coming tomorrow

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Matt said:

Doo should post a vid of a turbo and non turbo drag racing up at Tog, then doing a hillclimb side by side.  The additional track speed afforded by the higher HP will be hugely obvious.

The best part is the ice has been broken.   Cat and Poo will have no choice but to follow suit or be left behind.   I know for a fact poo has had one in the works for a few years now.   My guess it will be similar in performance and be released this spring.

23 hours ago, f7ben said:

Mark up on those kits is fucking huge. There isnt $1800 worth of parts there

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

On the lodge side of the road just back towards Dubois?   Yeah some wicked hills in there.   I've been well up many of them on my 02 Summit and 05 King.   Nothing gets the old ticker going faster than realizing you better turn the fuck around.  Been right under the cliffs on this one before.   Guy was killed there last year or the year before.   Got a video of the climb somewhere.   

Screenshot_20200114-102826_Instagram.jpg

Yah, we were on the plateau to the right. If you look close you can see the tracks up higher. That's where I said no go. If you got off track to the left, I could be very bad/ Thats about 3000' drop/

Wyoming 08 189.jpg

Wyoming 08 141 (Custom).jpg

6 minutes ago, s pump said:

Yah, we were on the plateau to the right. If you look close you can see the tracks up higher. That's where I said no go. If you got off track to the left, I could be very bad/ Thats about 3000' drop/

Wyoming 08 189.jpg

Wyoming 08 141 (Custom).jpg

Another view of that hill.   I've been on much steeper out there but this was is pretty long as well.    Could have slapped the cliff with my hand.  

16675_2310.jpg

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Really too bad they didn't.   A 170 HP NA version would have been a fucking home run.  

They could have gotten 170-180 NA hp out of it at a similar rpm as the apex 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

It was an existing engine from their other division, didnt need any retooling or R&D. Just modify the chassis to show horn it in. 

The Apex motor or The Rotax ? The Rotax 1200 was co-built and designed with Petronas

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

They could have gotten 170-180 NA hp out of it at a similar rpm as the apex 

Yeah would have been a great sled to bring the Mach moniker back with.

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

Doo should post a vid of a turbo and non turbo drag racing up at Tog, then doing a hillclimb side by side.  The additional track speed afforded by the higher HP will be hugely obvious.

Think the reveal was in West.   Plenty of good area's there.

People should avoid Tog.....it sucks there.   No good riding at all.  :bc:

Edited by Highmark

Just now, ACE said:

I’d own one now. I liked my 1200. Just wanted more power. 

I would have definitely owned one and probably would still have it.  

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Think the reveal was in West.   Plenty of good area's there.

People should avoid Tog.....it sucks there.   No good riding at all.  :bc:

Haven't ridden out there since '08 or '09 but I imagine every Johnny Boondocker is out there these days and it's harder to find true untracked play areas.  We found some total gems back in the day.  I really miss it.  Mostly stuck to the meadows and gullies though.  Didn't do a ton of climbing, though I could always out-highmark @spin_dry :)

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Haven't ridden out there since '08 or '09 but I imagine every Johnny Boondocker is out there these days and it's harder to find true untracked play areas.  We found some total gems back in the day.  I really miss it.  Mostly stuck to the meadows and gullies though.  Didn't do a ton of climbing, though I could always out-highmark @spin_dry :)

Just have to know where to go.   I'm always amazed how many sleds are in the parking lots and yet hardly meet anyone in the back country.  

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

prob enough people who head out west to make it worthwhile to sell some in the midwest.  

It said dealers were getting allocation for so many. I'm sure some dealers here and out by you are going to get access to some 

17 minutes ago, bussman said:

If for sure looks better in black. 

The sled in that picture is a 2020 Summit X 850 154

They didn't say anything about color choices or anything :dunno:   Probably just like they did with the 2018 1/2 MXZ 600r , 2010 1/2 800 ETec, 2001 1/2  Renegade 800. 

I'm sure you'll be able to get more choices for 2021 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

40 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It said dealers were getting allocation for so many. I'm sure some dealers here and out by you are going to get access to some 

The sled in that picture is a 2020 Summit X 850 154

They didn't say anything about color choices or anything :dunno:   Probably just like they did with the 2018 1/2 MXZ 600r , 2010 1/2 800 ETec, 2001 1/2  Renegade 800. 

I'm sure you'll be able to get more choices for 2021 

zero reason to have one out here beyond the couple guys that head west.  highest elevation is about 3600 and average is in the low to mid 2's.  

18 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

A 900T would be perfect for you! Mine does everything better than my 1200’s did. :bc: 

A turbo 4 stroke should have 180 hp stock minimum imo 

mom sure they’re nice but if I’m taking the weight penalty I want big power to go with it

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

zero reason to have one out here beyond the couple guys that head west.  highest elevation is about 3600 and average is in the low to mid 2's.  

Same with here.  But you'll have faggots here trying to buy them. 

You already have retards on FB talking about tunes and cheating the system they have.  They'd be the crying like little bitches when their warranty got denied