Big news from doo coming tomorrow

Rod

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Think that's a bit of a stretch.   Yammie's 2 N/A 1000's were extremely good engines as is the Sidewinders.  

No doubt but buttcocks was talking about a mach type muscle sled from skidoo

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Think that's a bit of a stretch.   Yammie's 2 N/A 1000's were extremely good engines as is the Sidewinders.  

No NA four stroke would even touch the Apex and it basically came out in 2004 (06 with EFI). 

It could easily make as much or more power than the apex but skidoo was gay with it. And the 1200 is a lot stronger engine 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ACE said:

It could easily make as much or more power than the apex but skidoo was gay with it. And the 1200 is a lot stronger engine 

Well it didn't though did it.   If if and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day of the year.

The Apex motor was pretty bulletproof up to 300+ hp and to this day was one of the best sounding motors in snowmobiling history. 

In stock form few engines last as long.   

• Like 1

They will sell a bunch of them out west. Just like the manufactures sell tons of trail sleds East of the Mississippi. Tons of ballers in Colorado,that can write a check for one. I see a bunch of sidewinders in the UP and they sticker north of 16k.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Well it didn't though did it.   If if and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day of the year.

The Apex motor was pretty bulletproof up to 300+ hp and to this day was one of the best sounding motors in snowmobiling history. 

The skidoo 1200 rotating assembly was capable of holding more power than 2 apex engines. 

The apex motor was a toy in comparison

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They will sell a bunch of them out west. Just like the manufactures sell tons of trail sleds East of the Mississippi. Tons of ballers in Colorado,that can write a check for one. I see a bunch of sidewinders in the UP and they sticker north of 16k.

Way cheaper than that at highlands. 

image.thumb.png.11889a7dd689dd3933fffe7ab3b8ef51.png

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You’re so butthurt :lol: 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The skidoo 1200 rotating assembly was capable of holding more power than 2 apex engines. 

Yeah. The nytro motor was even worse 

14 hours ago, jtssrx said:

What’s the warranty?

Video I got in my email says 1 year.

14 hours ago, Highmark said:

Reality is if you haven't spent some time riding in the mountains then commenting on how this isn't huge really shows your ignorance.    Bravo BRP.  

I took my boys to Togwotee and they were on m6s. I had an m8. They kept getting stuck and when I throttled them out , I was amazed how flat the 600s felt.

11 hours ago, Highmark said:

Plenty of good riding away from the crowds if you know where to go.   Generally some of those places are a bit more avy prone and maybe why they are left alone.  Kettle, Leidy, East Leidy, Grouse are some of my favs.   Love Breccia and even as close to the lodge as it is we generally don't run into many there.

I asked the guy at the rental place at togwotee How Hi we could get. He said some guys get up to 8500 to 9000'. When we returned the sleds the 1st day I showed him my GPS and it showed 10650'. We were on the 2nd ridge at breccia didn't dare to go higher with the boys.

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

You guys are more mountain/off trail riders than we are. What do you think? Does this look desirable? 

Not for me. We dont have much over 2500 feet and it's in the trees. There is a spot I want to get to at closer to 3500'. They logged out an area that opened up an approach. At least on Google maps it now looks doable. I'd love a turbo but for $18,600 plus.....not so much.

Edited by s pump

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Bravo.   It was completely overbuilt.   Can you elaborate on why adding this cost was so advantageous other than the people boosting them?   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Bravo.   It was completely overbuilt.   Can you elaborate on why adding this cost was so advantageous other than the people boosting them?   

It was an existing engine from their other division, didnt need any retooling or R&D. Just modify the chassis to show horn it in. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It's obvious skidoo had originally intended to do more with it. The bean counters obviously shit canned that idea. 

1 minute ago, s pump said:

Video I got in my email says 1 year.

I took my boys to Togwotee and they were on m6s. I had an m8. They kept getting stuck and when I throttled them out , I was amazed how flat the 700s felt.

I asked the guy at the rental place at togwotee How Hi we could get. He said some guys get up to 8500 to 9000'. When we returned to sled the 1st day I should on my GPS and it showed 10650'. We were on the 2nd ridge at breccia didn't dare to go higher with the boys.

Not for me. We dont have much over 2500 feet and it's in the trees. There is a spot I want to get to at closer to 3500'. They logged out an area that opened up an approach. At least on Google maps it now looks doable. I'd love a turbo but for $18,600 plus.....not so much.

Pretty sure I've seen close to 11K at Austin Peak over by Brooks lake.   I'd say vast majority between 8500-10500 where I ride there.    

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

It was an existing engine from their other division, didnt need any retooling or R&D. Just modify the chassis to show horn it in. 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It's obvious skidoo had originally intended to do more with it. The bean counters obviously shit canned that idea. 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Incorrect

Really too bad they didn't.   A 170 HP NA version would have been a fucking home run.  

Just now, Anler said:

I thought it was an Aprilla motorcycle engine they stuffed into a skidoo

It was a joint design intended for snowmobile use. Brand new , nothing that was in the shelf so to speak

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pretty sure I've seen close to 11K at Austin Peak over by Brooks lake.   I'd say vast majority between 8500-10500 where I ride there.    

I would have gone higher but the next ridge was pretty sketchy but there was one track going up already. I have a picture somewhere of it from the road. It was pretty aggressive. We met a couple guys and one had a stretched turbo Apex and I would guess it was his track.

51 minutes ago, ACE said:

You’re so butthurt :lol: 

:lol:  About what?   I own a 1200 GSX SE.   How would I be butt hurt about it.   Its a great sled and great motor however calling it the best 4s ever is just a bit of a stretch in my book.  

20 minutes ago, s pump said:

I would have gone higher but the next ridge was pretty sketchy but there was one track going up already. I have a picture somewhere of it from the road. It was pretty aggressive. We met a couple guys and one had a stretched turbo Apex and I would guess it was his track.

On the lodge side of the road just back towards Dubois?   Yeah some wicked hills in there.   I've been well up many of them on my 02 Summit and 05 King.   Nothing gets the old ticker going faster than realizing you better turn the fuck around.  Been right under the cliffs on this one before.   Guy was killed there last year or the year before.   Got a video of the climb somewhere.   

Screenshot_20200114-102826_Instagram.jpg