Big news from doo coming tomorrow

Rod

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Can't see a 2 stroke turbo.  I hear this all the time though.  "My dealer knows" or buddies uncle cousins son is a insider 

Well he is a very large and we'll know dealer down here.  He already knows what it is.  By description and non answer,  I'd say JT's spot on. 

It's to bad he got greedy and TRIED to fuck me out of $1,000 back in '16 when I ordered my '17.  He lost my business for good. 

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

If they were to bring back a big triple, which they won't, it better be 200 HP + with today's tech or why bother with adding the extra weight.

850 turbo for sea level riding from the factory....Take my money!!!

Yes, no way they're is going to be another 2s triple 

I'm sure we'll see a trail version shortly after.  SnoCheck 2021 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

There will never be another new 2 stroke triple.   As much as some of us want its just not going to happen.

Look at all the mfg's to lean more and more into the engine (tech) sharing between sleds and UTV's down the road.   Right now that is where the money is at and being spent in R&D.     

Nope

45 minutes ago, Poncho said:

650 ETEC

I'm sure that is coming soon, but not yet.  The 600r is only 2 years old. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It will be some watered down gayness for sure.

Not for the mountains it wouldn't.   It would be incredible.   Just maintaining stock HP at elevation on pump gas would be a big deal in a factory sled with warranty. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

As in battery powered electric? 

Makes the same hp at elevation right? Why mention the sound in the video if it's just a turbo or triple? We all know what that sounds like and it's not game changing 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No....electric turbos require way more battery weight than would be feasible 

Doo’s SHOT starter system could potential power a small turbo for a couple seconds getting completely rid of any lag on a low psi pump gas turbo system.  Some capacitors and the small sled battery very easily could power a turbo briefly 

Electric turbos have been around a long time. They just require so much electricity they arent really practical yet. Maybe in the future when battery tech is 100x where it is now

There really is no point though as you could just have electric motors

Just now, f7ben said:

Electric turbos have been around a long time. They just require so much electricity they arent really practical yet. Maybe in the future when battery tech is 100x where it is now

There really is no point though as you could just have electric motors

These new skeedoos have flux capacitors... 

Just now, BOHICA said:

Doo’s SHOT starter system could potential power a small turbo for a couple seconds getting completely rid of any lag on a low psi pump gas turbo system.  Some capacitors and the small sled battery very easily could power a turbo briefly 

Yes briefly but there is really no lag on small turbos and sled motors anyway

You can be making boost as soon as you place any load in the engine

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

It’s a fucking tragedy gay isn’t on all models.  Why the fuck wouldn’t it be.  It’s pretty slick.  Nobody wants the weight of a full Estart system.

Just now, Zambroski said:

It’s a fucking tragedy gay isn’t on all models.  Why the fuck wouldn’t it be.  It’s pretty slick.  Nobody wants the weight of a full Estart system.

Yup....that shot system should be on all models

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Yup....that shot system should be on all models

He was talking about gay. Not sure how that works on a turbo... 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said: