Are jobs in construction, trades and utilities good jobs

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The US economy is doing better than ours as well so there is less demand here.

Trades people are in HUGE demand in Ontario 

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Actually the ones that will inherit my stuff, I love them to pieces. I want to leave them a ton of money.  

Why don,t you give them half of it now , while you are still alive, and can actually watch them enjoy it ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The One said:

Kev144 is Draggy ! U masked COWARD !!

Reminds me, I gotta' ask Kev if there are any real good restaurants around Cambridge, in case I make it up there to order a TUFF 28/860.

I hope he and his nice wife like lobster, steaks, and lots of DRINKS!!!  :bc:  

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Reminds me, I gotta' ask Kev if there are any real good restaurants around Cambridge, in case I make it up there to order a TUFF 28/860.

I hope he and his nice wife like lobster, steaks, and lots of DRINKS!!!  :bc:  

Another pipe dream LMMFAO 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Why don,t you give them half of it now , while you are still alive, and can actually watch them enjoy it ?

I actually do give them quite a bit. 

If Ontario wasn't such a horribly managed, over regulated/taxed shit hole, I would move back. I have basically been offered a job making $40/hr at a sweet facility but I just can't move back. Not yet anyways. I hear they are hurting for industrial mechanics (millwrights) there. 

11 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

If Ontario wasn't such a horribly managed, over regulated/taxed shit hole, I would move back. I have basically been offered a job making $40/hr at a sweet facility but I just can't move back. Not yet anyways. I hear they are hurting for industrial mechanics (millwrights) there. 

They will always find good work.

What is keeping you from moving and where would you want to go?

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

They will always find good work.

What is keeping you from moving and where would you want to go?

I currently live in Alberta. I moved away from Ontario in 2014.

I just got my red seal jman millwright ticket. I bought my first place 3 years ago, so I haven't even finished the first mortgage term. I pretty much have everything (within reason for age and sillyness with money when I was younger) I could want. I don't drive fancy anything. I drive a 1997 Subaru with over 207,000 kms and needs a bunch of work but I don't have payments and that is ok with me.

My current job is shit (politically and skill building wise) but it pays (currently but will change shorty for the worse) $39/hr with being 20 mins from home. My boss is a stellar human being and I like the people I work with.

So with having a decent life here, it makes it hard to move home.

And if I was too move home, I would have to deal with outrageous housing prices, go from 5% tax and 0% on used vehicles to 13% on absolutely everything. Both the wife and I drive right hand drive cars from Japan and for some reason Ontario thinks they are the devil and insurance on them there is retarded.

I would like to be closer to my Dad and he would very much like the same but it is really hard to walk away from what I made for myself here.