Seafoam

smokin george

So I finally got around to stopping at Carquest for that big jug of Seafoam. Here in Barrie they didn't have any. I asked them to confirm if it is on sale, yes it is. The guy at the counter looks to see if anyone has stock, he says none in their warehouses at three locations. Says I don't know why they put this stuff on sale when they don't keep it in stock. No kidding.

13 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

So I finally got around to stopping at Carquest for that big jug of Seafoam. Here in Barrie they didn't have any. I asked them to confirm if it is on sale, yes it is. The guy at the counter looks to see if anyone has stock, he says none in their warehouses at three locations. Says I don't know why they put this stuff on sale when they don't keep it in stock. No kidding.

Can they not order it in?

It is a part in their system, so they should be able too. The Bradford location only had one on the shelf, that I bought.

On 11/16/2016 at 7:50 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Raincheque? 

What I was also wondering?

I'll text my buddy tomorrow to see if they honor such a thing?

26 minutes ago, Sksman said:

How much of this stuff do you guys add to your fuel?  

Every jerry can?

For every piece of power equipment?

I put about 1/4 of a can in each sled when done for the season and a bit in the snowblower and lawn tractor. I always add a few drops to the jerry cans for the trimmer/ weed wacker/ chainsaw etc even tho they're premixed.

I use about four/five of the small cans a year. I splash it in the lawnmower/snowblower/generator once or twice a year. Half a can in the boat every spring and fall. Plus a little in the sleds from time to time plus the lawn care units at my moms place. Better than having carb problems.

44 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I use about four/five of the small cans a year. I splash it in the lawnmower/snowblower/generator once or twice a year. Half a can in the boat every spring and fall. Plus a little in the sleds from time to time plus the lawn care units at my moms place. Better than having carb problems.

I am not disputing the value of seafoam.  

I am strong supporter and use it regularly in most of my outdoor tools and toys.  No carb issues and i have used it in gummed up carbs with great success.  Also with Shell premium also.

4litre jug sounds like alot to buy but i guess i go through 2 or 3 cans per year.

I have a neighbour who buys regular gas and takes his riding mower and blower in every year when he has issue starting.  Takes 2 or 3 weeks to fix.  My mower and blower or plow always cover his proprty off also for the weeks he is down.

20 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

I am about the same, maybe more?

I use it in my vehicles a couple/few times a year as Fuel Injector cleaner. My boat, I splash some in every 5 Gal jug I use, every tank of fuel in my sleds, lawnmower, a few times a year, genny, the same, snowblower, etc, etc. 

I have taken the carbs apart on my XLT and they are spotless! I use to, before Sea Foam, clean them every year but since I have been using it, I haven't felt the need, based on what I seen, to tear them apart since. 

In the off season or just before storage, I run a little extra in everything and make sure I run it through the system for at least 10 minutes before storage. 

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep, you stole my jug.  He said he had one left.  Lol.  I'm gonna order a couple at that price. 

I went there last Saturday about 3pm but they were closed. They are close enough from where I work that I tried again. It's good that they can order more.