How was 2019?

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Glorious!!!  Hope 2020 mirrors 2019.

you would of had to been a complete idiot to not financial prosper in 2019 or had a situation beyond your own control to have had a bad 2019.

Derp

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How many so called actual experts blundered?

Tried to find the tweet from the guy who cashed in his kids' college funds from the market the day Trump was elected. :lol:

• Haha 1

2019 was a great year! 

I retired Aug 1st, my son graduated and is now attending college, my wife retained her job at GM and my nephew got married.

I know there is more but all in all, 2019 was a great year for my family and me. :bc:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anler said:

2019 was about the same as the last several years. No tragedies. 

2019 was about 5% less than 2018, best year ever.  Most of 2020 is getting filled and it looks like another all time high.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Actually lost quite a bit in the stock market this year but I do a lot of my own high risk trades that just didn't pan out this year.

Other than that it was a great year....reached a milestone last April with my job in that I can retire with max pension at any given time but after counting it down for the last few years I got cold feet and have decided to work for a bit longer. Retirement scares me for some reason and I actually enjoy what I do, so dont see the point in leaving at this time. The job has now taken on a different dimension and more relaxed atmosphere knowing I can just pack it in whenever I feel the time is right. Im at the end of the tunnel but afraid to jump out.:koo-koo:

2 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Actually lost quite a bit in the stock market this year but I do a lot of my own high risk trades that just didn't pan out this year.

Other than that it was a great year....reached a milestone last April with my job in that I can retire with max pension at any given time but after counting it down for the last few years I got cold feet and have decided to work for a bit longer. Retirement scares me for some reason and I actually enjoy what I do, so don't see the point in leaving at this time. The job has now taken on a different dimension and more relaxed atmosphere knowing I can just pack it in whenever I feel the time is right. I'm at the end of the tunnel but afraid to jump out.:koo-koo:

That's a great feeling knowing you can go whenever. :bc:

I retired because I had planned to go at 55 but work also had a big part of that decision as the place was being run by a bunch of idiots that drove me nuts. 3 people I worked with retired sooner than they had hoped/planned due to the same idiots that I was dealing with. The biggest idiot of all is no longer a supervisor and has no crew to look after. They gave him a job as an individual contributor, if you can imagine that. Same pay and only responsible for himself. I bet the idiot can't even do that!! 

12 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Other than that it was a great year....reached a milestone last April with my job in that I can retire with max pension at any given time but after counting it down for the last few years I got cold feet and have decided to work for a bit longer. Retirement scares me for some reason and I actually enjoy what I do, so dont see the point in leaving at this time. The job has now taken on a different dimension and more relaxed atmosphere knowing I can just pack it in whenever I feel the time is right. Im at the end of the tunnel but afraid to jump out.:koo-koo:

You ever try weed stocks? 

I follow one out of Canada it literally can swing 3-8% a day