What’s the most damage you’ve had and still manage to ride it out

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

the owner of Amtrak ?if so you are privet jet balling ha  or the old owners ? in any case you are looking at a sweet inheritance some day 

No. My wife’s father owned togwotee lodge and cowboy village resort in Jackson hole wy when I met her. He owned it in the 90s.  And sold early 2000s

Edited by Shifty

3 hours ago, Shifty said:

No. My wife’s father owned togwotee lodge and cowboy village resort in Jackson hole wy when I met her. He owned it in the 90s.  And sold early 2000s

IO like Jackson Hole. Could live there or even the Idaho side.

I broke my front torque arm on my 06 switchback and  babied it for 30 miles,  then the rear one went from twisting around under there,, then i rode standing on the ski for about 15 miles thru banged up trails.

that was tricky!

Edited by old indy

18 hours ago, Anler said:

I saw it coming so I jumped to the right. Landed flat on my back in the soft snow. More embarrassing than anything else. :lol:

Rode a pro s 800 for the rest of the weekend, that's when I knew my next sled would be a Polaris... :news:

was that the weekend you and I first met at the house / cabin rhinelander? 

9 hours ago, old indy said:

I broke my front torque arm on my 06 switchback and  babied it for 30 miles,  then the rear one went from twisting around under there,, then i rode standing on the ski for about 15 miles thru banged up trails.

that was tricky!

was that the weekend you were doing repairs in the parking lot at Mikes to get home.  

Worst sled damage, road home on one ski quite a few times on my 71 ski-doo, worst damage to me 5 broken ribs, punctured lung, torn rotator cuff, broken collar bone, and concussion drove the sled a mile or 2 back to a parking area but don't remember doing it.

12 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

IO like Jackson Hole. Could live there or even the Idaho side.

I spent 10 yrs there. It’s where I got into snowmobiles. It was great. Ridiculously expensive. Housing is nuts. But the “scene” for a twenty something person is amazing. 7000 people, twenty + bars. Everyone is from somewhere else and living there for the same reasons you are. I had a blast but had to leave. My in laws were bat shit crazy.still are!!! 

• Like 1

Just now, 1jkw said:

Worst sled damage, road home on one ski quite a few times on my 71 ski-doo, worst damage to me 5 broken ribs, punctured lung, torn rotator cuff, broken collar bone, and concussion drove the sled a mile or 2 back to a parking area but don't remember doing it.

Dang!!

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

was that the weekend you were doing repairs in the parking lot at Mikes to get home.  

No that was another day. It let go all together in Byron just before Andover and I rode the ski to Newry.    The torque arms on that model were probably the sleds weakest link.   I broke another one leaving the Forks one day into a bagga and it took out my track.   Spit it right out in a split second 🤦‍♂️

that sled was aaaaall done when I sold it.  Still looked pretty good but Totally worn OUT @ 11k miles. 

Took a cylinder down halfway on the first day of a two day ride. Going back to the truck would have ended the ride for the 3 other guys. Drove 120 miles as a 430 single. Refused to bring out the rope and made it back to the truck. The last 30 miles the engine was really complaining.

20181224_115142.jpg

20181224_115150-1.jpg

20181224_115117-1.jpg

Edited by bladefever