Why do aftermarket throttle cables suck?

I bought a motion Pro cable brand new for the for the wife's Pantera. At junction where it goes to 2 cables the plastic part of the right cable pulls out of the block. The metal end comes out with it and the cable stays in the junction block but when you steer the bars it raises the idle because it makes the throttle pull. Fucking aftermarket junk never again. I knew I should have bought a Arctic Cat cable!

32 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

I bought a motion Pro cable brand new for the for the wife's Pantera. At junction where it goes to 2 cables the plastic part of the right cable pulls out of the block. The metal end comes out with it and the cable stays in the junction block but when you steer the bars it raises the idle because it makes the throttle pull. Fucking aftermarket junk never again. I knew I should have bought a Arctic Cat cable!

Any snow left by you John?

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Used to make our own cables back in the day, you’d buy them unsized and cut to length, solder the ends on. SkiDoo drive by wire ftw. :bc: 

I did many that way, still have all the bulk cable and ends (ferrules). Stronger than OEM.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

Oh and by the way I was able to fix the cables I pushed them all the way in and then crimped them where they go into the carburetors. Where they go into the junction block I put JB plastic weld on the metal and the plastic part of the cable and shoved them in and let it dry overnight. they seem strong as hell and now it idles right. Sometimes a little redneck Ingenuity will overcome piss-poor Manufacturing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Not much. We had a couple feet on the ground would have made a great base but you know the story Mother Nature is a filthy fucking whore when it comes to snowmobiling

I was up in mid December on north gauge road good size snow banks but fields were getting bare.

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

If it breaks I’ll let you know.  I’ve only busted one throttle cable in all my years of riding.  Still got home ok.

cable yes drive by wire on the toe hook for sure .

yeah I had to get off a mountain with a fresh 5 feet with 2 zip ties around cable so I could use my finger to control throttle thrugh zip tie hole . and brap around throtel safety switch throtel block was smashed up  . and a bent up bulk head bad day lol but got her out 

• Like 1