An MRI scan costs $1,420 in America. It runs $450 in the UK

13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Last year I had 2 CT scans, labwork, and surgery done in 1 month.  The only reason it was that long was the size of the OR needed and how it was booked.  It would have been under 2 weeks if it was up to me.  

This included pre-approvals.

Longest month of my life.

It turned out my L4 was pushed back and folded over behind the L3 pinching the nerve in my back. It's been three years and I still can't lay down at night without pain in my back.

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The worlds healthcare is subsidized on the back of US workers.

It's pretty simple and it's a result of our corrupt politicians selling us out to private health insurance and corporate profits

:lol:

You go with that.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How exactly does any $$$ of your paycheck pay for my Dr visit?

:lol:

:owned:yourself.

You're Dr visit is cheaper because my insurance company is charged 3x what your government is. Fucking moron 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You're Dr visit is cheaper because my insurance company is charged 3x what your government is. Fucking moron 

Huh?   We subsidize other countries drugs but not sure how we do other parts of HC.  WE need to level the playing field on drugs. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Huh?   We subsidize other countries drugs but not sure how we do other parts of HC.  WE need to level the playing field on drugs. 

Drugs and technology etc etc. Its all subsidized by US costs

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Hell, you could die waiting. But that's what we need. Had mine a week after it was ordered.

a week shit man you must live in the sticks my last me I was less than 48hrs after ordered and it was just a back issue .

guess when your whole countery only has to pay for the number of mri devices that a average country in the United States has on hand they can be done cheep .

7 hours ago, small-bore said:

It turned out my L4 was pushed back and folded over behind the L3 pinching the nerve in my back. It's been three years and I still can't lay down at night without pain in my back.

I wish mine was like that.  Missing a organ and a whole heap of mental health now...