DOW 30,000

Snake

9 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Our net worth hit an all time high today.  I really had no idea the market was coming back that fast.  The stock market remains the best way for average people to become wealthy.  

Ditto.

8 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

It's more like 10% average but depends on what you pick for start and end dates.  Real returns are closer to 7 or 8% counting for inflation.  

The beautiful this is all I have to do is put money in a S&P 500, or other broad market index, and watch it grow.  There is little risk outside of the natural market swings when invested in such a broad fund.

I am up 9% for the year.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 11:29 PM, DriftBusta said:

Absolutely.  Unless you're one of these guys who wants to bet against America and the capitalist system.  I could show them data until I was blue in the face, and they'd still ignore it.  I only wish I'd knew some of the things I've learned and had some of these tools 20 years earlier...cuz i'd be sitting on my 78' Hatteras right now  :lol:  

Yup

1591640190915755737863216278083.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Is this it?   Is this the crash you've been hoping for?

A picket fence market is bad.

50 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Might want to keep your iq level to yourself.:bc:

Dumb fucks like you even know that.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

A picket fence market is bad.

Dumb fucks like you even know that.

People like me?

Know better than to try and time the market or offer any advice to the contrary.  My portfolio is now at 40% against any market downturn without giving away any gains.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

People like me?

Know better than to try and time the market or offer any advice to the contrary.  My portfolio is now at 40% against any market downturn without giving away any gains.

On 6/24/2020 at 6:21 PM, DriftBusta said:

Great day to buy some deals.  Some of my portfolios are up 14% ytd.  Not bad.

Yesterday was a big day, today was not bad................I ain't complainin', I was prepared for horror-days. 

Can ya' believe what's happenin'? 

I think the market wants to take off, once this corona shit settles down.  This was today. 

Here's to big portfolios, 78' Hatterasses, and 42' Fountains w/triple 1550 Mercruisers!!!!!      :bc::bc::bc:

P7020443.thumb.JPG.0f9348da2d75320d1ecfdd0a32d03ec9.JPG

12 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yesterday was a big day, today was not bad................I ain't complainin', I was prepared for horror-days. 

I think the market wants to take off, once this corona shit settles down.  This was today. 

Here's to big portfolios, 78' Hatterasses, and 42' Fountains w/triple 1550 Mercruisers!!!!!      :bc::bc::bc:

:bc:

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

And to think you got some rank amateurs managing your shit!

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm kidding  :lol:  :bc: 

I just happened to look at the YEARLY  market tracking chart. The market was heading for the stars. COVID killed us, I hope the global community attacks and kills China. Even if it's not militarily, but economically, I hope the world kills China.

The market wants to take off, but geopolitical bullshit is the anchor. 

As usual,. I'm just gonna' ride this bitch out. I'll either make a bundle, or end up kicking my ass..............BIGTIME!!!

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

I just happened to look at the YEARLY  market tracking chart. The market was heading for the stars. COVID killed us, I hope the global community attacks and kills China. Even if it's not militarily, but economically, I hope the world kills China.

The market wants to take off, but geopolitical bullshit is the anchor. 

As usual,. I'm just gonna' ride this bitch out. I'll either make a bundle, or end up kicking my ass..............BIGTIME!!!

You're friggin retired.  Start taking some of your gains, living the dream and get some broads.  :bc:   Or just name me the beneficiary to all of it.  :lol: 

The Carona effect has not hit the economy fully as of yet. Uncle Turnip and friends can not afford to put more money in the market to prop it up. Foreclosures and unemployment will be catastrophic for the next 2 years.

Remember the fed unemployment of 600.00 a week runs out in 3 weeks.

Stay tuned.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The Carona effect has not hit the economy fully as of yet. Uncle Turnip and friends can not afford to put more money in the market to prop it up. Foreclosures and unemployment will be catastrophic for the next 2 years.

Remember the fed unemployment of 600.00 a week runs out in 3 weeks.

Stay tuned.

I agree. That's why I'm gonna liquidate a significant chunk before the election. 

If I look back, the last three years have been, NOTHING BUT TURMOIL!!!!

I'm not betting my wealth on this country, or ANY ADMINISTRATION!!! 

THEY ALL SUCK, AND I HATETHEM ALL !!!!!!!!   

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You're friggin retired.  Start taking some of your gains, living the dream and get some broads.  :bc:   Or just name me the beneficiary to all of it.  :lol: 

Yeah, I can see you pulling out of the harbor in your big Hatteras some day sayin' " Thanks Znotty ".   :saluting:

5 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I agree. That's why I'm gonna liquidate a significant chunk before the election. 

If I look back, the last three years have been, NOTHING BUT TURMOIL!!!!

I'm not betting my wealth on this country, or ANY ADMINISTRATION!!! 

THEY ALL SUCK, AND I HATETHEM ALL !!!!!!!!   

Wall Street is just Vegas in a suit.

50 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Wall Street is just Vegas in a suit.

Yeah, kinda'. It's all up to the investor if they want the stress/risk for the potential gains.   

I don't recommend it to anybody. Not in America. This country is too volatile, too global, and too divided. 

The average gain of the market over many years is about 10%. 

Subtract your capital gains taxes and you're down to maybe 5-6%, for YEARS of DAILY STRESS and WORRY. 

Is it really worth it????????