DOW 30,000

Snake

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You support all this massive govt spending and central bank bailouts cause it’s your guy. If it was Obama you’d be crying your tits off. You’re a fucking hack 

Get help.  Seriously.

On 5/28/2020 at 6:53 AM, Seatofmypants said:

I bought HAL at $6.08.  Just sold 2 days ago at $11.90.  That was pretty sweet.

Just picked up DAL at $25.90 and will pull the trigger here soon on NCHL.  Turn and burn baby.

And going short on my 401k netted me big time.  Hoping it keeps up.

Do you mind if I asked what amounts of money, you're talking here? 

500?

5000?

50000?

9 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Do you mind if I asked what amounts of money, you're talking here? 

500?

5000?

50000?

it's not the amount, its the number of shares he buys.   so if he buys them 500 shares at 6.08 each share then sells it at $11.90  all of 500 shares, that's pretty solid profit. 

Made about 30% on Tupperware an NCL today. Held the shares for a day, bought them yesterday.  :lol: Got out of my Hertz position for a modest loss.  It was up 102% 0n-the-day today when I hit the sell button on that one.  Whew.  This shit is fun.  Other than the Hertz, been making a bunch of short term (<1month) double digit scores for the past 3-4 months, just riding volatility roller coasters.  

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

it's not the amount, its the number of shares he buys.   so if he buys them 500 shares at 6.08 each share then sells it at $11.90  all of 500 shares, that's pretty solid profit. 

I'm all about the yield and the belief that a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.  And I"m not greedy.  Left a bunch on the table with Boeing, Tesla, NCL, etc.  But happy with a short term score within an IRA where there is no ST cap gains to worry about

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Made about 30% on Tupperware an NCL today. Held the shares for a day, bought them yesterday.  :lol: Got out of my Hertz position for a modest loss.  It was up 102% 0n-the-day today when I hit the sell button on that one.  Whew.  This shit is fun.  Other than the Hertz, been making a bunch of short term (<1month) double digit scores for the past 3-4 months, just riding volatility roller coasters.  

like at a tupperware party? :lol: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

swear to god  :lol:  Think about it.  Everyone's packing their lunches now.  :lol: 

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TUP?p=TUP&amp;.tsrc=fin-srch

I had no idea they still existed. it's funny. because I just purged my re-usable container drawer and I swear some of the Tupperware shit I kept over Rubbermaid/zip-lock shit was 30+ years old :lol: 

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

I had no idea they still existed. it's funny. because I just purged my re-usable container drawer and I swear some of the Tupperware shit I kept over Rubbermaid/zip-lock shit was 30+ years old :lol: 

You look at the 52 week range and you can see why it showed up on my radar.  1.15-20.97.  That's nuts.  I'll ride those waves all day long.  My luck it'll be up 214% on Monday.  :lol:  

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You look at the 52 week range and you can see why it showed up on my radar.  1.15-20.97.  That's nuts.  I'll ride those waves all day long.  My luck it'll be up 214% on Monday.  :lol:  

I would have always assumed they were private. 

19 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Our net worth hit an all time high today.  I really had no idea the market was coming back that fast.  The stock market remains the best way for average people to become wealthy.  

That was the epiphany I had when I got in this business.  There is plenty of data to support that.  And despite some unprecedented world events, the market has a 90+ year average of around 8+%.  (don't quote me on that, but its close, haven't looked it up lately). 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That was the epiphany I had when I got in this business.  There is plenty of data to support that.  And despite some unprecedented world events, the market has a 90+ year average of around 8+%.  (don't quote me on that, but its close, haven't looked it up lately). 

It's more like 10% average but depends on what you pick for start and end dates.  Real returns are closer to 7 or 8% counting for inflation.  

The beautiful this is all I have to do is put money in a S&P 500, or other broad market index, and watch it grow.  There is little risk outside of the natural market swings when invested in such a broad fund.

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

It's more like 10% average but depends on what you pick for start and end dates.  Real returns are closer to 7 or 8% counting for inflation.  

The beautiful this is all I have to do is put money in a S&P 500, or other broad market index, and watch it grow.  There is little risk outside of the natural market swings when invested in such a broad fund.

Absolutely.  Unless you're one of these guys who wants to bet against America and the capitalist system.  I could show them data until I was blue in the face, and they'd still ignore it.  I only wish I'd knew some of the things I've learned and had some of these tools 20 years earlier...cuz i'd be sitting on my 78' Hatteras right now  :lol:  

Edited by DriftBusta

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Absolutely.  Unless you're one of these guys who wants to bet against America and the capitalist system.  I could show them data until I was blue in the face, and they'd still ignore it.  I only wish I'd knew some of the things I've learned and had some of these tools 20 years earlier...cuz i'd be sitting on my 78' Hatteras right now  :lol:  

I could go for one of those but don't think the wife would.  A land yacht could be in my future at some point so we can travel and take the dogs with. 

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

1 % from my all-time high!!! I can't believe it with pandemic, unemployment, and a civil war. 

Lies

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

HA!HA!HA! It sucks to be you, doesn't it DragQueen!!!!   :owned:

Homo.talk "OWNED " grow up !!