Plowing

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There are few guys using Rangers or import trucks for resi work but most guys use blower because there is no where to push the snow on in town lots. 
Rural residential driveways are all done with tractors around here. Farmers work cheap, $15-20 per.

I have this for the tight stuff. Might be my retirement plan.

5789B242-36BF-4DF0-97EC-4C6D2E255EA7.thumb.jpeg.eea14681c2071d63499dbb49f2fc2690.jpeg

just bought a Ranger a month ago going to put a plow on it for my own place, my driveway is tough to do with a truck and tears the shit out of the lawn as I push my snow out back

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 hours ago, Mainecat said:

F350.

15 hours on, 4 hours off and another 12 on. 

Did a 25 hour run a few years back.

I used to do those kind of hours when I was in my 30's. Now in my 50's, 16 hours is plenty and I''m usually kinda screwed up for a couple days after.

When I first started on my own I used to subcontract off 3 different companies. I''d start at a commercial plaza at 2-3am, plow until 8am or so then go plow apartments for another 4-5 hours, then I had another 2 hours I could do for the third guy as they were low priority. I had my truck license back then so 2 of those  companies would hire me to come relieve their drivers at night so they could keep the hours down. Sometimes I''d end up working 80-90 hours in 5 days. Seems stupid now but it helped me get started when I had no money, made lots of contacts too.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 9:29 PM, Ez ryder said:

fuck that shit kick the shit out if your truck . stuck working when every one else is out breaking trail .I won't even do my own drive or rentals fuck that shit  

I've always enjoyed doing my driveways at home, and a snowstorm at home has never kept me away from a sledding trip. I'll be in Colo next weekend and will have my lawn guy or one of my shop guys clean up the snow while I'm gone.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:40 PM, 01mxz800 said:

just bought a Ranger a month ago going to put a plow on it for my own place, my driveway is tough to do with a truck and tears the shit out of the lawn as I push my snow out back

I bought an American Eagle plow, good Minnesota company making made in the USA stuff.

http://eagleplows.com/products.html

On 12/17/2019 at 10:44 PM, Polaris 550 said:

Plowing is trashing my front end/brakes. $1600.00 repairs, trucks got 15 k on it. ball joint, brakes. 

smashed my tailgate also. that's gonna be about 8-900, plus the rear chrome bumper. sonofabitch!!!

Learn how to run it properly!!! 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I've always enjoyed doing my driveways at home, and a snowstorm at home has never kept me away from a sledding trip. I'll be in Colo next weekend and will have my lawn guy or one of my shop guys clean up the snow while I'm gone.

I bought an American Eagle plow, good Minnesota company making made in the USA stuff.

http://eagleplows.com/products.html

good man

14 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I blew a hose about midnight. Went threw the spares and not one long enough so just finished with the plow down.

Always start the yr with a spare of the longest. Then you can use it for any of them. I also keep a couple quarts of hydro and a chain.

53 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Always start the yr with a spare of the longest. Then you can use it for any of them. I also keep a couple quarts of hydro and a chain.

We do but with 9 trucks and 3 tractors out someone always swipes hoses. Usually there is a few in the barn but no luck.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Was nice to have an easy one for a change.

ground wasn't frozen over this way.  saw all sorts of torn up lawns.  i was digging up some mud doing the path outback so my sig doesn't have to walk in the snow.  he's a sensistive one and takes to shitting on the driveway when the snows more than a few inches high.  now he'll shit on the path.    

• Gold Member
On 12/17/2019 at 10:44 PM, Polaris 550 said:

Plowing is trashing my front end/brakes. $1600.00 repairs, trucks got 15 k on it. ball joint, brakes. 

smashed my tailgate also. that's gonna be about 8-900, plus the rear chrome bumper. sonofabitch!!!

By a boat, you cheap bastard!

49 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

By a boat, you cheap bastard!

Ya' know what it really is?

I would buy one, but I worry about getting enough use out of it. 

Big, old place...……….always needing repairs and maintenance. Older family members that I can't really trust to leave alone for a whole day/days. 

Just the mowing takes us a whole day. Add in some repairs, shopping, errands, and on and on, and my days get consumed, one after another. 

Also, I can only work about 3 hours of hard work a day, so things take me longer to get done.  don't know, I'll just have to see how things go. A TUFF 28 has a ONE YEAR waiting list. A 42' Fountain is way too much hassle for me now.

If anything,it will be a Tracker or Nitro. 

Hey, did I ever tell ya', I got a 98.5 on my Boaters Safety Test!!!!  :bc:

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Ya' know what it really is?

I would buy one, but I worry about getting enough use out of it. 

Big, old place...……….always needing repairs and maintenance. Older family members that I can't really trust to leave alone for a whole day/days. 

Just the mowing takes us a whole day. Add in some repairs, shopping, errands, and on and on, and my days get consumed, one after another. 

Also, I can only work about 3 hours of hard work a day, so things take me longer to get done.  don't know, I'll just have to see how things go. A TUFF 28 has a ONE YEAR waiting list. A 42' Fountain is way too much hassle for me now.

If anything,it will be a Tracker or Nitro. 

Hey, did I ever tell ya', I got a 98.5 on my Boaters Safety Test!!!!  :bc:

Stop making excuses and buy a god damn boat, you crotchety old twink!

I got a 10ft walker bay row boat I'll sell you. I bet your wrinkly old broads will just love it!!  :bc: