Plowing

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Plowing is trashing my front end/brakes. $1600.00 repairs, trucks got 15 k on it. ball joint, brakes. 

smashed my tailgate also. that's gonna be about 8-900, plus the rear chrome bumper. sonofabitch!!!

The only thing trashing your front end is all the cock getting jammed into your mouth!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

The only thing trashing your front end is all the cock getting jammed into your mouth!!

Shut the fuck up Brad!!! Brad is a gay name. Are you gay? I think you're gay. You're gay, I know you are. You wanna' know how I know you're gay? 'Cause you're named BRAD!!!!   

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Shut the fuck up Brad!!! Brad is a gay name. Are you gay? I think you're gay. You're gay, I know you are. You wanna' know how I know you're gay? 'Cause you're named BRAD!!!!   

:lol: At least Im not a truck stop twink!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

you just know he's hunting for cock and balls tonight, he tried doing the same thing with me a couple of nights, but I didn't give it into him, because I am not gay. :bc: 

Beavis the Butt Fukker. Oh yeah, you're gay!!!  

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 12/18/2019 at 7:02 AM, 01mxz800 said:

Residential drive ways 1 or 2 passes each, gave up commercial lots 12 years ago

Don’t blame you for that. Commercial is a Head ache. Apartments and condo’s suck balls but that’s where the money is.

i know a couple guy who do resi driveways. $30-40 a pop, 2 guys in a pick up with single stage blowers and shovels, and they don’t carry insurance. All cash deals.

This one my employee drives. Need to change them headlights and I see his license plate isn’t visible. The Snow Dogg is 10 years old and still working ok. Getting a bit lose though.

image.thumb.jpg.1408a02b9c55a594a9c70494e7c2e83a.jpg

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This one my employee drives. Need to change them headlights and I see his license plate isn’t visible. The Snow Dogg is 10 years old and still working ok. Getting a bit lose though.

image.thumb.jpg.1408a02b9c55a594a9c70494e7c2e83a.jpg

I like plows when they loosen up new plows suck for the 1st couple seasons, gave up commercials everyone and their brother got plow trucks and it was a race to the bottom of pricing around here haven't looked back I pretty much got the resi biz locked up around here

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I like plows when they loosen up new plows suck for the 1st couple seasons, gave up commercials everyone and their brother got plow trucks and it was a race to the bottom of pricing around here haven't looked back I pretty much got the resi biz locked up around here

This plow is 20 years old and on its second truck. It’s gone through 2 pump motors and 3 cutting edges. Trip springs replaced twice. It owes me nothing. I considered replacing it with a Vee this year but I love it too much. I wore the pivot points right out of it several years ago and had them replaced. 
It’s now a backup for the other trucks or mine when I join the guys. Trucks has a 6.0 with 330k kms.

A4838688-EECB-4873-91E8-ABAC61B3EC80.thumb.jpeg.68dc2584d016893fe2a7c01c2a984f97.jpeg

She old school design. 2 inch angle and lift cylinders. Slow and solid. 

This one was my son’s until he decided to go back to university. Now the new guys truck.

557EF7C3-99BA-4F62-962E-6690750E9C75.thumb.jpeg.711b74fb34607bdbf3832dc902656b85.jpeg

19 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

The snowblower operator hit one in the parking lot where I work.  Blew the rear window right out of the tractor

Just remembered, my brother In-law used to plow for a friend of mine in a backhoe. He hit a catch basin with the bucket one night and put his head through the windshield.

A guy told me a story a few years back about a guy he worked with. The guy plowed with a big Loader. Liked to stick his head out the side slider window to see curb lines. One night he caught the curb and cut half his ear off on the window glass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

We use Fishers around these parts. I hit a manhole so hard it popped the back cover off the plow light and it landed on the hood.

2010 F350 with a in bed dump body. Gas model.......says I’m getting 7 mpg...lmao

My ''12's are both 6.2 gassers. Display says 28L/100 kms which equals about 8.5 mpg. I think my old 5.4 was worse. The 6.0L uses half the fuel either of the gassers do but the repairs are more frequent and more costly.. 

That's a Fisher sitting behind the grey truck. I just replaced it with the Arctic poly blade. The Fisher was heavy and the cutting edge is so far leaned back that it doesn''t scrape or backdrag worth a shit. Sold it yesterday for $1400. Bye Bye.

40 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Just remembered, my brother In-law used to plow for a friend of mine in a backhoe. He hit a catch basin with the bucket one night and put his head through the windshield.

A guy told me a story a few years back about a guy he worked with. The guy plowed with a big Loader. Liked to stick his head out the side slider window to see curb lines. One night he caught the curb and cut half his ear off on the window glass. 

I plowed with a loader. I was trying to go between two curbs at a school I was plowing. I hit the curb and it stopped the loader dead. I was just crawling and it gave me a wicked whiplash. I felt like I had a nosebleed.

50 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This plow is 20 years old and on its second truck. It’s gone through 2 pump motors and 3 cutting edges. Trip springs replaced twice. It owes me nothing. I considered replacing it with a Vee this year but I love it too much. I wore the pivot points right out of it several years ago and had them replaced. 
It’s now a backup for the other trucks or mine when I join the guys. Trucks has a 6.0 with 330k kms.

A4838688-EECB-4873-91E8-ABAC61B3EC80.thumb.jpeg.68dc2584d016893fe2a7c01c2a984f97.jpeg

She old school design. 2 inch angle and lift cylinders. Slow and solid. 

This one was my son’s until he decided to go back to university. Now the new guys truck.

557EF7C3-99BA-4F62-962E-6690750E9C75.thumb.jpeg.711b74fb34607bdbf3832dc902656b85.jpeg

Ran this Dakota for 15 years as my resi truck, needs exhaust and some bodywork so parked it for this year will get fixed over summer, upgraded to this Ram 1500 with a new Boss Poly little tight for resi's but can live with it, don't miss the 2500+ trucks

DSCN0169 (1).JPG

IMG_20171225_105557458.jpg

There are few guys using Rangers or import trucks for resi work but most guys use blower because there is no where to push the snow on in town lots. 
Rural residential driveways are all done with tractors around here. Farmers work cheap, $15-20 per.

I have this for the tight stuff. Might be my retirement plan.

5789B242-36BF-4DF0-97EC-4C6D2E255EA7.thumb.jpeg.eea14681c2071d63499dbb49f2fc2690.jpeg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

We use Fishers around these parts. I hit a manhole so hard it popped the back cover off the plow light and it landed on the hood.

2010 F350 with a in bed dump body. Gas model.......says I’m getting 7 mpg...lmao

That’s a Fisher behind the grey truck. Put it on 3 years ago, bought it used off a buddy. The cutting edge on those is leaned back to the point it won’t scrape or backdrag worth a crap. Bought the Arctic cheap and it’s much better. The newer Fisher’s are much better.

My 6.2 gassers are showing around 8.5 on the display. My old 6.0l uses half the fuel.

Edited by Blackstar

I work when some guys can’t show up for a local farm. We plow with 8 Fords, 4 are f 250’s and 4 are 350’s. We also have 3 huge deer tractors with plows and one Massey. We also use the tractors off hours with bucket loaders to remove snow with dumps in down town areas.

Edited by Mainecat

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Good god on both accounts.  That would not feel good at all.  Crazy how the equipment comes to a sudden halt 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Great gas mileage 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Ive never owned anything but a fisher.

1 minute ago, 04nightfire said:

Good god on both accounts.  That would not feel good at all.  Crazy how the equipment comes to a sudden halt 

Great gas mileage 

It was a while ago but I seem to remember my BIL was knocked unconscious. I remember he split his head open, can't remember if he got stitches. Ya, them bucket machines stop all of a suddenly....lol

Not good equipment for rookies.

• Like 1