Plowing

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yep , one of the places I plow , the parking lot used to be the Nashua landfill. Place settles more every yr.

There is one that if you hit it the Right way you would never know it's there. 

The wrong way , face full of steering wheel

6 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I tell you what if you go plowing for 8 hrs or more over the age of 50 you re going to feel it for days to come.

that's why I like my tight customer base all 35 are within a 4 block radius 2 miles from my home 2.5 -4.5 hours tops depending on snowfall

36 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Not to bright though.......that is a young mans game.

Inner city streets. Keeps me sharp plus the critters you see are good for laughs.  Den doing this for over 25 years if I’m not riding

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Ever hit a raised manhole doing 25 mph?

i still have my teef

No but I saw a plow hit a railroad rail track lol. I was wondering why he was going so slow. When he hit it the whole truck loaded with salt did a bunny hop sideways lol.

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Ever hit a raised manhole doing 25 mph?

i still have my teef

I've hit plenty of stuff over the years.

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Yep , one of the places I plow , the parking lot used to be the Nashua landfill. Place settles more every yr.

There is one that if you hit it the Right way you would never know it's there. 

The wrong way , face full of steering wheel

I had a parking lot like that my first couple of years. Catch the angle just so and BAM!!!. I got good at missing it with my straight blade then they bought me a brand new 8-6 V-blade. The first time I caught it hard I broke off 6 inches of the cutting edge in the middle of the Vee.

I hit a curb one night in a parking lot doing some guy a favor. He had flagged me down on the road and asked to make a couple passes through his hotel lot. I was moving pretty fast as the snow was deep and wet. I whacked this curb so hard it shoved the rod out through the side of the body of the angle cylinder. The guy gave me $100....lol

Both were full trip blades and probably the reason I only own bottom trips now. Its not near the whack when the trip pops as when that full blade comes snapping back.

My hats always off off to the plow guys.  Did it myself to pay the bills for about 5 years, now have to pay for it, and the whiners always bitching about the first whiff of snow, like today.  I must get threatened with a lawyer every snow storm, the entitlement types expecting my plow guy to be at their beck and call, and all too ready to call Dewey Cheatem & Howe and threaten to sue me... if they fall on their ass for being careless  :lol: 

The hospital I used to plow had a manhole cover that would bite you hard if you didn’t hit right. I snapped all but one cutting edge bolt on it one night. 

D2FF045B-2027-4D81-9891-F1A19901ABA0.jpeg

• Like 1

Plowing is trashing my front end/brakes. $1600.00 repairs, trucks got 15 k on it. ball joint, brakes. 

smashed my tailgate also. that's gonna be about 8-900, plus the rear chrome bumper. sonofabitch!!!