First ride 2020 Polaris Indy 850 137.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I know you can. Yet I wonder why its taken so long for you to prove your abilities to Zambo. 

Because it's pointless. Maybe xam can ride....maybe he cant. It hardly matter. Levi fucking Levali ai t keeping up trail riding on a Sx sled u less you're riding some tight slow ass twisty garbage 

It's that simple

30 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Because it's pointless. Maybe xam can ride....maybe he cant. It hardly matter. Levi fucking Levali ai t keeping up trail riding on a Sx sled u less you're riding some tight slow ass twisty garbage 

It's that simple

I’ve ridden with Levi, smoked his ass.  :lol: 

53 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Do you honestly think I cant trail ride at a high level? Do you think I've crashed and wrecked and raced and wrenched everything I have without a basis for those antics?

Come on man. 

LOL "trail ride at a high level" huh? :3gears:

52 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Moto X racing never leaves anyone. Once bitten, no matter ones age, that adrenaline rush/thrill is just too hard to tuck away. :bc:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

It's that simple

:lol: 

Image result for back peddle fast gif

7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

We always wondered who were the best riders between the XC and SX racers.  I always leaned toward the XC but, wasn't sure.  Watching the Red Bull race and seeing a washed up, SX racer show the best XC racer in the world how it's done confirmed to me that SX racers are probably at the top.  Herf chased Levi around that 8 mile track for I don't remember how many laps until he finally lost it in a corner and crashed and handed Levi the guaranteed win.

I've met Levi several times over the years.  IMO, he's still the best ambassador to sled racing and the snowmobile sport ever.  Just a great all around guy.

6 hours ago, Legend said:

LOL "trail ride at a high level" huh? :3gears:

HIGH LEVEL!!!!!

6 hours ago, irv said:

Moto X racing never leaves anyone. Once bitten, no matter ones age, that adrenaline rush/thrill is just too hard to tuck away. :bc:

I don't think anybody who ever raced motorsports can ever really shake it.  Even now, all I need to see is a taillight way up ahead of me and my heart starts racing and the switch gets flipped.  Only to reach them and it's some two upper and his family...or somebody like Ben. :lol: I go through mixed emotions about my successful chase down.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Image result for back peddle fast gif

We always wondered who were the best riders between the XC and SX racers.  I always leaned toward the XC but, wasn't sure.  Watching the Red Bull race and seeing a washed up, SX racer show the best XC racer in the world how it's done confirmed to me that SX racers are probably at the top.  Herf chased Levi around that 8 mile track for I don't remember how many laps until he finally lost it in a corner and crashed and handed Levi the guaranteed win.

I've met Levi several times over the years.  IMO, he's still the best ambassador to sled racing and the snowmobile sport ever.  Just a great all around guy.

HIGH LEVEL!!!!!

I don't think anybody who ever raced motorsports can ever really shake it.  Even now, all I need to see is a taillight way up ahead of me and my heart starts racing and the switch gets flipped.  Only to reach them and it's some two upper and his family...or somebody like Ben. :lol: I go through mixed emotions about my successful chase down.

You would never see.my tailight again after the first straight. Or maybe even the holeshot. The only way you keep up on that sled is on trails where speeds are limited to 60-70mph everywhere. So goat paths.

Edited by f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

You would never see.my tailight again after the first straight. Or maybe even the holeshot. The only way you keep up on that sled is on trails where speeds are limited to 60-70mph everywhere. So goat paths.

I don't understand tho.  You have said multiple times that there is nowhere on this planet, from start to finish that a 600 could ever keep up with your 800/850 hypersled.  Now, apparently, there are some trails that you don't feel this way?  I think you call them "non-neutral trails".  :lol: i mean, there is really no weight difference between the 800 and 600 classes (maybe some between brands) so, are you saying there is some type of "gyroscopic effect" of the larger mils that slows it in the corners or on these "goat paths"?  Also, now it seems you are saying that if these trails "are limited to 60-70 mph everywhere", that a 600 may be competitive?

I'm just trying to keep up with the shit-talking and back-peddling.  Help me.

LOL...just stop being a faggot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't understand tho.  You have said multiple times that there is nowhere on this planet, from start to finish that a 600 could ever keep up with your 800/850 hypersled.  Now, apparently, there are some trails that you don't feel this way?  I think you call them "non-neutral trails".  :lol: i mean, there is really no weight difference between the 800 and 600 classes (maybe some between brands) so, are you saying there is some type of "gyroscopic effect" of the larger mils that slows it in the corners or on these "goat paths"?  Also, now it seems you are saying that if these trails "are limited to 60-70 mph everywhere", that a 600 may be competitive?

I'm just trying to keep up with the shit-talking and back-peddling.  Help me.

LOL...just stop being a faggot.

Nope....I said on normal trails.

This isn't hard

And the argument started with tour retarded ass claiming your sx sled would hang straight line to 500' :lol:

Does your soed even have a sway bar?

Just now, f7ben said:

Nope....I said on normal trails.

This isn't hard

And the argument started with tour retarded ass claiming your sx sled would hang straight line to 500' :lol:

Does your soed even have a sway bar?

You never said "normal trails".

Apparently, it's hard for you.  

I never said that.  Never.

Yes.  Sometimes I ride with one, sometimes I do not....but I bet you cannot tell me why.

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You never said "normal trails".

Apparently, it's hard for you.  

I never said that.  Never.

Yes.  Sometimes I ride with one, sometimes I do not....but I bet you cannot tell me why.

Shut up stupid. I've forgot more about sleds than you'll ever know. Just get out there and click those shocks :lol:

8 hours ago, irv said:

At 53 you have no idea how bad I want to race Motocross. Unfortunately my back and shoulder have put a stop to even riding.

Just now, small-bore said:

At 53 you have no idea how bad I want to race Motocross. Unfortunately my back and shoulder have put a stop to even riding.

I am slowing letting go of my fight with denying that my own abilities are perishing.  I think it's a good thing from mental standpoint.  While my mind is willing and able, my body just isn't.  I spent that "money" in my younger days...and didn't spare a cent doing it.  :thumb:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I am slowing letting go of my fight with denying that my own abilities are perishing.  I think it's a good thing from mental standpoint.  While my mind is willing and able, my body just isn't.  I spent that "money" in my younger days...and didn't spare a cent doing it.  :thumb:

How much racing did you do Zam. Any national events?  Ever qualify for a main?  Ever make the podium? How bout the top step? 

17 minutes ago, small-bore said:

I raced for a couple of seasons and although I loved it, my desire to race Moto X anymore is long gone. I do miss trail riding though but so much has changed since I last did it that it just isn't worth it anymore. Needing insurance, plates, ownership, annual trail pass, etc, and the fact most of the old riding haunts are no longer available, I've packed it in and will likely never ride again. Lack of buddies to ride with is also a factor as most, like me, also gave it up. Physically, I think I could still do trail riding, thankfully, but snowmobiling will have to do. 

Picture 010 (Large).jpg

Picture 008 (Large).jpg

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, irv said:

Not that I need all that power, but having it on tap would be fun. I was just curious, comparing my Vector to one, which one would likely be easier in the twisties? I would assume, if the sidewinders aren't like I suspected they might be in the twisties, that they are likely much easier than my likely much heavier Vector?

Thanks for the info. :bc:

Did your Vector have power steering?   If not I'd say Similar or the Winder be a bit better because of the better riding position.   IMHO it depends on how you setup suspension and clutching.   I know people will likely laugh at this but I don't think there is any sled I've had on smooth trails that I've ever been able to run faster than my Sidewinder.  Even when they get pretty tight.   The planted feeling of the extra weight up front really can be an advantage at times.  You learn pretty quickly to just roll thru corners very fast with the momentum built from the last even tiny straight.  Even with a strong backshifting clutch set up.   I've had plenty of rides with buddies that I'm waiting for them at intersections.  

One thing always overlooked in the performance of a trail sled can be length and condition of your carbides.   I ride with as long as is available.   My winder has 7-8" both in and out of the 6.9 pilots I put on.   When de-accelerating I want it to go where and when I turn it.....period.  No pushing thru corners.....even icy ones.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

How much racing did you do Zam. Any national events?  Ever qualify for a main?  Ever make the podium? How bout the top step? 

Just low brow regional stuff.  I started racing moto when I was young then jumped to sport bike in my early 20's.  Only made 3rd spot on podium once and honestly, an accident put me there. Never raced sleds.  Kinda wish I had.  

9 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Man you faggots really know how to fuck up a thread. By god a pile of geriatrics talking about racing for 4 laps. Watch me flex bros!!!! 

Truth.