There’s around 11,500,000 households in California

Rod

34 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

If they all switched to electric cars, the smaller Tesla charger pulls 32 amps for one vehicle 

My little ecar pulls 8-9 amps @110vac at peak charge. If I run the batteries all the way down it takes 6-7 hours to fully recharge. The charger is smart and it tapers off on the charge once the batteries get above about 90%. 

Obviously my FLA batteries are primitive but if electricity wasn't free for us there is no doubt I would limit my usage.  A gas cart is cheaper to operate for sure. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

These houses should be converted into windmills.  

There, problem fixed!

Dude was selling them at a home show a few yrs back. I started talking to him but he lost me at 13 years for ROI.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Dude was selling them at a home show a few yrs back. I started talking to him but he lost me at 13 years for ROI.

I’ve mentioned it several times but I’ve had a couple quotes for solar/off grid technology before.  I didn’t expect it to be cheap, or even competitive but, DAYAM!  By the time the ROI starts to roll around, major maintenance/replacement comes up....and that assumes it all worked flawlessly until that point (poor assumption).

We’re still a long ways away.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve mentioned it several times but I’ve had a couple quotes for solar/off grid technology before.  I didn’t expect it to be cheap, or even competitive but, DAYAM!  By the time the ROI starts to roll around, major maintenance/replacement comes up....and that assumes it all worked flawlessly until that point (poor assumption).

A long way off. :lol:

There are few topics that you have yet to prove your ignorance. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dominicdudley/2018/01/13/renewable-energy-cost-effective-fossil-fuels-2020/#22d752864ff2

• Gold Member

DIY solar I can recoup initial investment in solar in my area in about 8 years....  if I used solar strictly to recharge a vehicle recouping investment would happen in under 5 yearsat current fuel prices at a 20 mpg ICE at current fuel prices

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If you do do solar be sure to reshinlge the roof before you do , unless its only a few yrs old.Ya don't want to be paying to take the panels down and be put back up 4 yrs from now.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

All of the manus are moving towards electric vehicles. The roads are going to look alot different in 10 years. Sorry if that hurts your butt. 

I can also see a lot of do it yourself Betas getting electrocuted while attempting to work on their own.:lol:

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

All of the manus are moving towards electric vehicles. The roads are going to look alot different in 10 years. Sorry if that hurts your butt. 

They’re being forced into it to meet CAFE regs 

1 minute ago, Tickle Shits said:

They’re being forced into it to meet CAFE regs 

No they arent, if you had a normal functioning brain youd see the advantages of of electric vehicles for consumers and manufacturers. There are about 10,000 less parts in an EV

Just now, Anler said:

No they arent, if you had a normal functioning brain youd see the advantages of of electric vehicles for consumers and manufacturers. There are about 10,000 less parts in an EV

Yes they are. Are you dumb?

Just now, Anler said:

Who is gonna be able to work on a EV drive?

• Gold Member

Good thing about solar especially if you use it to fill your electric car is your electric  ford Mach e gt will gape a zl1 camaro in acceleration, have a $7500 federal tax credit as well as state incentives, if you do solar on your house you will have a 25% tax credit as well on the cost as well, and avoid paying road tax on fuel all together!!!!  Not paying taxes is very good and most people’s goal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tickle Shits said:

Yes they are. Are you dumb?

No they arent. They are doing it because thats the future and many of them are years behind in tech. Would you rather have a vehicle that gets 20-30mpgs or one that gets 100mpgs and has better performance and less maintenance? Well we know what you would do but lots of younger people are going the other route. In 10 years you'll be filling up your GM v-8 at $10/ gallon while everybody else is going 1,000 mile on a charge. 

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Good thing about solar especially if you use it to fill your electric car is your electric  ford Mach e gt will gape a zl1 camaro in acceleration, have a $7500 federal tax credit as well as state incentives, if you do solar on your house you will have a 25% tax credit as well on the cost as well, and avoid paying road tax on fuel all together!!!!  Not paying taxes is very good and most people’s goal

Now what happens to that tax revenue when all cars are EV and more solar?

It's not hard . . .

1 minute ago, Anler said:

No they arent. They are doing it because thats the future and many of them are years behind in tech. Would you rather have a vehicle that gets 20-30mpgs or one that gets 100mpgs and has better performance and less maintenance? Well we know what you would do but lots of younger people are going the other route. In 10 years you'll be filling up your GM v-8 at $10/ gallon while everybody else is going 1,000 mile on a charge. 

Gas will not be $10 a gallon when less people are using it. IN fact it,s cheaper now then it was 10 yrs ago.

17 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

A long way off. :lol:

There are few topics that you have yet to prove your ignorance. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dominicdudley/2018/01/13/renewable-energy-cost-effective-fossil-fuels-2020/#22d752864ff2

Yes.  From consumers being able to afford to go "off grid".

Stupid, lying fuck.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Gas will not be $10 a gallon when less people are using it. IN fact it,s cheaper now then it was 10 yrs ago.

gas is $2 too much per gallon.

It went from $1.10 to over $3 over night.. Its a fucking scam of the highest order.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

If less people are using it, it will cost more for stations to provide it. So yes it will cost more. 10 years ago we were in a manipulated commodities trend. Gas got up to $5/gallon here. in 2009 it was down to $1.50/gallon. 

And road tax revenue will suffer bigly so I would imagine taxes on it will be increased bigly. 

Edited by Anler

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

If less people are using it, it will cost more for stations to provide it. So yes it will cost more. 10 years ago we were in a manipulated commodities trend. Gas got up to $5/gallon here. in 2009 it was down to $1.50/gallon. 

And road tax revenue will suffer bigly so I would imagine taxes on it will be increased bigly. 

Incorrect 

right now oil Is cheap.  But demand for refined product is high. If demand goes down for it within a hundred years or so, cost will too 

supply and demand nerd 

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Now what happens to that tax revenue when all cars are EV and more solar?

It's not hard . . .

They will eventually tax EV’s through registration fees.  But most place right now you don’t pay anything as far as road taxes.

if you generate your own electricity you pay no taxes on that electricity....

$5500 would get a large enough solar system diy to get 1200 miles of power in a Tesla a month of that system...   a 25% tax credit on that $5500 you have maybe around 4500 into your solar system.  3 year pay back if you are getting 20 mpg on $3 dollar gas and 10,000 miles a year.  Simple math!

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

They will eventually tax EV’s through registration fees.  But most place right now you don’t pay anything as far as road taxes.

if you generate your own electricity you pay no taxes on that electricity....

$5500 would get a large enough solar system diy to get 1200 miles of power in a Tesla a month of that system...  tax a 25% tax credit on that $5500 you have maybe around 4500 into your solar system.  3 year pay back if you are getting 20 mpg on $3 dollar gas and 10,000 miles a year.  Simple math!

Yah, all that other lost tax revenue will just stay lost.