Who is the best current female performer?

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I like Halsey, voice is awesome

Amazing really, just discovered her and I'm in love 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

She is kinda cute for sure. 

Not her most sexy look in the vid for sure.

She sings about fucking guys and girls so that's hot

21 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Amazing really, just discovered her and I'm in love 

Not her most sexy look in the vid for sure.

She sings about fucking guys and girls so that's hot

Yeah thats hot.  I rely on my wife to turn me onto the new talent.  We’re in the car, and I’m always asking her who’s on the radio as she’s singing along with some singer I’ve never heard of.  Otherwise, its usually Merle and Marty on my play list.  :lol: 

57 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Halsey hands down

Voice of an angel, sexy , has it all 

My wife and Daughter like her.  I think this song is cart by but, this style usually isn’t my cup-o.  Great voice and I think she writes her own music so, she gets my vote that way for sure.

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My wife and Daughter like her.  I think this song is cart by but, this style usually isn’t my cup-o.  Great voice and I think she writes her own music so, she gets my vote that way for sure.

Last week, the daughters and the cousins busted out the karaoke the night before Thanksgiving.  I don’t think I knew one song, and they all had the words down pat, going at it.  :lol: 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Last week, the daughters and the cousins busted out the karaoke the night before Thanksgiving.  I don’t think I knew one song, and they all had the words down pat, going at it.  :lol: 

Man, I’m not gonna lie.  I am highly disconnected with what the kids listen to now as far as “pop music” goes.  Shit, I can go to VEVO or something looking for videos or music and can go pages before I even see an artist’s name I might recognize.  

LOL....I’m not sad to say it though.  I find most of it shitty, processed music so....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Man, I’m not gonna lie.  I am highly disconnected with what the kids listen to now as far as “pop music” goes.  Shit, I can go to VEVO or something looking for videos or music and can go pages before I even see an artist’s name I might recognize.  

LOL....I’m not sad to say it though.  I find most of it shitty, processed music so....

X2.  My radio presets:  Willie’s Roadhouse, Outlaw Country, Blues Channel, Bakersfield Beat, Howie Carr on AM for the ride home, and a couple comedy channels, which I usually turn to when we’re heading north.  For some reason, it seems to help make the 6 hr ride go by faster.

All of the new stuff is brutally awful. Try Amy Winehouse, Tina Turner, Four Non Blonds. I realize that Amy Winehouse is dead but even her worst song is better than the new crap. And Four Non Blonds are not anymore but are still better than what's out now. And who will deny that Tina Turner isn't great.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

All of the new stuff is brutally awful. Try Amy Winehouse, Tina Turner, Four Non Blonds. I realize that Amy Winehouse is dead but even her worst song is better than the new crap. And Four Non Blonds are not anymore but are still better than what's out now. And who will deny that Tina Turner isn't great.

Well he said current so....but don't forget Pat Benetar, Joan Jett, Debbie Harry and Blondie.....and one of the best ever....

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Did you watch the video I posted?

Also, here's a group Brandi Carlile is in. All the members are excellent.

Yola is an up and coming artist, she's doing great this year, and is actually featured on the Highwomen song above.

And here's First Aid Kit moving Emmylou Harris to tears a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

Yola is an up and coming artist, she's doing great this year, and is actually featured on the Highwomen song above.

That Brandi Carlisle tune you linked up was awesome. :bc: 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

No offence but I'm not in to the new stuff.