Liberals charged with Bribery

Sksman

I was discussing a municipal employee being fired last year w/ an acquaintance who was a Bell supervisor. He told me if his guys were stopping for lunch or a snack be careful where you park. "Yes, you might be going into the Mac's for a pop & bag of chips, but if your truck is parked down the strip mall in front of Joe's Bar & Grill, you know what people will think".

Back to the original topic:

http://www.cp24.com/news/thibeault-says-he-won-t-resign-after-being-named-in-election-act-charge-1.3144406

Spotted him sitting behind the A-G in the house the other day when the A-G was dodging the Opposition questions.

Edited by revrnd

Thibeault's 1st strike was changing political parties. As much credibility as Bob Rae jumping from the NDP to Liberals.

As we get closer to the 2018 provincial election it will be interesting to see when the Libtards start jumping ship & retire (see CPC MPs prior to 2015 election). I wonder what the chair warmer in Peterborough riding (Leal) does? He hasn't had an original thought during his entire time in office. Other than standing in front of a camera reading a prepared statement (no doubt written by the Premier's staff) he doesn't have anything to say.

Mind you the local media is pretty soft on the Liberals (federally & provincially). Never ask any questions just report on what was said. Strange that it took the Globe & Mail to publish Monsef's "fairy tale". Where were the 2 print outlets, CHEX or the radio stations? If they were covering the campaign, they must've heard the whispers about her origin. Or were they so taken with her story that it had to be true?

In regards to the Tim's comment:

I was having some work done in an Edmonton office a few weeks ago, guys go down to their service vehicle to get some supplies from the van and figured they would also at the same time stop for their break at Timmies seeing as they were at ground level. The client, who office that they were doing the work in is also down there in line grabbing a coffee, or whatever....I get a call from my client a few days later that the person in the office that the work was being done who saw the guys at Timmies was questioning why they guys are stopping for a coffee and are they expected to pay for that, I told my client, yes, it is the law that in Canada we are ALL entitled to paid breaks each and everyday we work, 2 paid breaks as a matter of fact, my client really did not know what to respond to his client with, so he thought he would ask me for my opinion in regard to this situation.....

49 minutes ago, Stoney said:

In regards to the Tim's comment:

I was having some work done in an Edmonton office a few weeks ago, guys go down to their service vehicle to get some supplies from the van and figured they would also at the same time stop for their break at Timmies seeing as they were at ground level. The client, who office that they were doing the work in is also down there in line grabbing a coffee, or whatever....I get a call from my client a few days later that the person in the office that the work was being done who saw the guys at Timmies was questioning why they guys are stopping for a coffee and are they expected to pay for that, I told my client, yes, it is the law that in Canada we are ALL entitled to paid breaks each and everyday we work, 2 paid breaks as a matter of fact, my client really did not know what to respond to his client with, so he thought he would ask me for my opinion in regard to this situation.....

Can't say I have come across these types very often but every now and then.  They usually get added to the list, the lowest priority one. 

I usually do not take breaks, just lunch and I offer to take the clients/customer out as well.  Usually when I take a break its at the advice of the client/customer,  but then they are also paying for airfair/hotel/car rental and travel time.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Can't say I have come across these types very often but every now and then.  They usually get added to the list, the lowest priority one

I usually do not take breaks, just lunch and I offer to take the clients/customer out as well.  Usually when I take a break its at the advice of the client/customer,  but then they are also paying for airfair/hotel/car rental and travel time.

My client, who works for the same company just in the corporate office, actually stated the same thing....I guess they are not interested in getting future work done in a decent timeline or at all....

I told my client the same thing when he asked me what I tell other clients who have the same concerns....I told him to be honest, I think this might be a first for this, usually it is client disagreeing with an invoice after all is done and said with, due to time billed vs time on site..... 

32 minutes ago, Stoney said:

My client, who works for the same company just in the corporate office, actually stated the same thing....I guess they are not interested in getting future work done in a decent timeline or at all....

I told my client the same thing when he asked me what I tell other clients who have the same concerns....I told him to be honest, I think this might be a first for this, usually it is client disagreeing with an invoice after all is done and said with, due to time billed vs time on site..... 

We give a daily rate based on 8 hours, plus a Per diem for food, and have a quote for estimated charges.  Without a P.O. agreeing we won't go to site.  Its rare to get a disagreement, normally we know up front on the job.  There are a few Pakistanis on the list.

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We give a daily rate based on 8 hours, plus a Per diem for food, and have a quote for estimated charges.  Without a P.O. agreeing we won't go to site.  Its rare to get a disagreement, normally we know up front on the job.  There are a few Pakistanis on the list.

My senario is based on house accounts normally, so it is usually not worth the fight seeing as the overall margin over the course of year doing business with them is not affected by the one or two small jobs, and they can feel like they are in control.

Edited by Stoney

10 hours ago, revrnd said:

Expect a payoff, er I mean raises for the public sector.:lol:

13 hours ago, 02sled said:

Anyone who thinks that Wynnebag should resign is a homophobe 

Her policies have probably made more people homophobic. You might not care one way or the other about a person's gender identity/sexual preference, but the way her LGBT agenda (look her up in Wiki) seems attached to ANY announcement in the province has turned a lot of people off.

I remember back in the early 90s when Bob Rae & the NDP were turning off the taps to Wintario grants. At a meeting an executive asked about the annual thousand dollar grant we usually applied for (& received) from Wintario. The prez said we no longer qualified. That being said, he continued, "If we could get a pic of a disabled, black lesbian on a sled, they'd probably give us a blank cheque."

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Expect a payoff, er I mean raises for the public sector.:lol:

2014 Majority during a 4 year pay freeze across the board, even if some got the so called zero net raise it was still after the election.

In some cases its as simple as don't put a moron in charge of the changing of guards

23 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

2014 Majority during a 4 year pay freeze across the board, even if some got the so called zero net raise it was still after the election.

In some cases its as simple as don't put a moron in charge of the changing of guards

Wynnebag bringing back photo radar, time to drain the swamp in Ontario.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are these Tards always crying, hold it together for Pete's sake.  Get a spine.

Mr. Thibeault denied Tuesday that he asked for or accepted any bribes as part of his decision to quit federal Parliament and defect from the NDP to seek a Liberal seat provincially. Speaking with reporters at Queen’s Park, he cried as he described the toll the allegations were taking.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/glenn-thibeault-says-he-didnt-ask-for-bribe-to-run-in-ontario-by-election/article32978086/