Are we at the cusp of something major?

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Going from 35% to 15% corp tax rate is not going to happen at least not over a short period.  Getting it down gradually to about 25% will help keeps the corps in the US as there won't be any reason to relocate.  Expect many more global mergers over the coming years, that will become more and more of a factor. 

Yeah I think any changes that were to be made (to anything really) should be implemented gradually over 5-7 years. Maybe longer depending on what it was. Drastic and erratic changes would be bad. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

You cannot look at tax or economic plans of candidates statically.   History has shown that tax cuts have dramatically increased tax revenue and economic growth.  Everything on Hillary's plan I've seen is static calculations only.   That is horseshit to do it that way.  We cannot continue to grow at 1-2% like we have the last 8 years.   Tax and spend will NEVER give us long term growth we need to maintain our economic freedoms.  

Anler is correct in saying he won't get everything done he wants.   Its simply impossible in today's political arena however we have to look at intent.  One thing about Trump, don't get me wrong he's a bullshit artist but I think he seriously wants to make America great.   He doesn't need this.   He already has a great life.   Hillary NEEDS to be powerful.   She needs this or her life means nothing.

No mfg is not completely coming back.   I've said that for years.   We CANNOT make all we consume.   There are many other reasons its left other than just cheap foreign labor and environmental policies.  Automation is just one of many reasons besides moving factories jobs are gone.

What I like about Trump's stance on trade and mfg (doesn't mean he will get it done) is trying to get equal trade.   Meaning if you tariff our stuff we are going to tariff yours.   Make the business environment where at least its more attractive to build here through much lower taxes.   Don't punish companies who do sell a lot of product or services outside our borders by wanting to double tax them when they want to bring profits back here to their shareholders or to invest in here in the US.  Make China and other nations hold to our IP rights.    

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

I hate to tell you, but you make a good "reference". you're definitely the dumbest, most naïve, most gullible nimwit on the site. many aren't too far ahead of you on the intellect scale though.

They take this shit too serious....why? Because they have nothing else.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Really Abe?  You are the one who left til after the election :lol:cause you took this site too seriously only to come back and continue your hackery.

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I hate to tell you, but you make a good "reference". you're definitely the dumbest, most naïve, most gullible nimwit on the site. many aren't too far ahead of you on the intellect scale though.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Some take this seriously because IT IS OUR COUNTRY and our children's future we are talking about.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah Trump is on the cusp of a rape trial after the election.

14877831_1330153190351889_262561179_n.jp

You do know that's his daughter right?? god forbid a father kisses his daughter..Ohhhh, the horror!!!

Good god, you're fucking stupid..

Edited by Rigid1

we're on the cusp of something major alright, a landslide win by the dems. time to start facing the facts, highmark. you clowns put in a major asshole who has as much business running the country as he does teaching a morals class in sunday school. yes, yes, I know Hillary isn't perfect in many ways either, so save it. but the country is not going to give trump the keys to the car. now had you put in another candidate, hell even a ted cruz, you would have had a much better chance of winning, because she was very, very vulnerable. but you laughed, cheered, advocated the carnival barker and this is what you ended up with. your party owns him, and it's going to be fun watching the gop crumble after the election.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Some take this seriously because IT IS OUR COUNTRY and our children's future we are talking about.

They don't care and have no concern leaving our kids with their unsustainable debt.  Greedy fuckers.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Really Abe?  You are the one who left til after the election :lol:cause you took this site too seriously only to come back and continue your hackery.

i'll ask you what your fellow dipshit buds ask revkev - why are you so interested in our election?

Just now, Snoslinger said:

we're on the cusp of something major alright, a landslide win by the dems. time to start facing the facts, highmark. you clowns put in a major asshole who has as much business running the country as he does teaching a morals class in sunday school. yes, yes, I know Hillary isn't perfect in many ways either, so save it. but the country is not going to give trump the keys to the car. now had you put in another candidate, hell even a ted cruz, you would have had a much better chance of winning, because she was very, very vulnerable. but you laughed, cheered, advocated the carnival barker and this is what you ended up with. your party owns him, and it's going to be fun watching the gop crumble after the election.

This is the type of stuff that just makes me laugh at you.  You think you win by voting in a criminal  You don't have any clue.  Some on here want to end the corruption in Washington, so watching both establishment parties fall apart is fine if that is what it takes to remove criminals.  You would rather just vote for one, which makes you just as much of a criminal as the people you vote for.  Yeah, pat yourself on the back for falling in line like the rest.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

You honestly think Clinton is not a crap candidate?  BTW Rand Paul was my guy from the Beginning.   I never started supporting Trump until more and more was confirmed on Clinton being as rotten as we all thought.  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

This is the type of stuff that just makes me laugh at you.  You think you win by voting in a criminal  You don't have any clue.  Some on here want to end the corruption in Washington, so watching both establishment parties fall apart is fine if that is what it takes to remove criminals.  You would rather just vote for one, which makes you just as much of a criminal as the people you vote for.  Yeah, pat yourself on the back for falling in line like the rest.

you're not fooling a damn person dude. you simply see Hillary as your "way out" and now want to pretend you're against the "establishments" so you can jump on the bandwagon with the others. not only are you stupid and gullible, you're also spineless. in a few weeks you'll be right back to supporting a ted cruz, of a scott walker, or whoever else is driving the retard bus.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

you're not fooling a damn person dude. you simply see Hillary as your "way out" and now want to pretend you're against the "establishments" so you can jump on the bandwagon with the others. not only are you stupid and gullible, you're also spineless. in a few weeks you'll be right back to supporting a ted cruz, of a scott walker, or whoever else is driving the retard bus.

I know one thing, it sure is roomy up here rent free. 

• Like 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

You have 2400+ posts, get a life you old coot. :lol:

He wouldn't have so many if he kept his promise. :lmao:

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You honestly think Clinton is not a crap candidate?  BTW Rand Paul was my guy from the Beginning.   I never started supporting Trump until more and more was confirmed on Clinton being as rotten as we all thought.  

she's far from a perfect candidate, but still miles ahead of yours. I'm willing to give her a shot and see what she does. I'm curious if you're going to be a pro "blocker" again, like you were with Obama. you know, cheer on the blockers, then chastise her for not being able to get anything done?

Edited by Snoslinger

20 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

:lol:

Romney, who'd have made a somewhat OK potus, had much more support from blacks, women, Hispanics, moderate republicans, and still lost. you have this notion that several more rednecks that decide to vote this year are going to overcome that? LMFAO