Are we at the cusp of something major?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Whether or not it happens or not I can't help but in my gut feel we are at the point where something major and I'm not just talking about the elections.   If more revelations come out about Hillary from Wikileaks or the FBI that include her staff, her husband, the Clinton Foundation and the DNC this country will erupt.   No I'm not talking about riots or revolution or anything of that nature.   I'm talking about the growth of a complete lack of trust in the political and media industrial complex that let us get this close to the election without proper vetting of both of the candidates.   If Hillary is found to have more major legal problems and drops out or wins and has to go thru with impeachment or other legal proceedings the country may finally have a "come to Jesus" moment so to speak.   I really don't think either party will benefit from it which might be the best thing for the country.   What happens when the ashes clear if this event takes place will be something extremely significant in American history.  Citizens might actually finally demand transparency in govt.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Whether or not it happens or not I can't help but in my gut feel we are at the point where something major and I'm not just talking about the elections.   If more revelations come out about Hillary from Wikileaks or the FBI that include her staff, her husband, the Clinton Foundation and the DNC this country will erupt.   No I'm not talking about riots or revolution or anything of that nature.   I'm talking about the growth of a complete lack of trust in the political and media industrial complex that let us get this close to the election without proper vetting of both of the candidates.   If Hillary is found to have more major legal problems and drops out or wins and has to go thru with impeachment or other legal proceedings the country may finally have a "come to Jesus" moment so to speak.   I really don't think either party will benefit from it which might be the best thing for the country.   What happens when the ashes clear if this event takes place will be something extremely significant in American history.  Citizens might actually finally demand transparency in govt.  

In red will never happen. Unfortunately  

• Gold Member

One of the best things that could happen for us is a massive shake up in the main stream media caused by alack of faith and public support for said media. It would be great to see a majority of our news "personalities" and the behind the scenes reporters get canned and their employers go bankrupt because of a huge lack of credibility. Its just a pipe dream but it would be nice just the same.

If Hillary wins next week, I will assume there will be calm for the most part.  However if Trump manages to pull it off, I totally expect there to be rioting, violence looting etc.

Security is expected to be at an all time high come election day. 

Why is it that the so called "Intellectual Elite" can't handle losing.

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

One of the best things that could happen for us is a massive shake up in the main stream media caused by alack of faith and public support for said media. It would be great to see a majority of our news "personalities" and the behind the scenes reporters get canned and their employers go bankrupt because of a huge lack of credibility. Its just a pipe dream but it would be nice just the same.

They won't go bankrupt because they are owned but much larger corp conglomerates.  The very best we can hope for is a minor shift back to more unbiased reporting.  

My hope is the destruction of political correctness as we know it.   

Edited by Highmark

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd personally like to see a revolution.  I don't see it, but I'd love it....like I've said, let's burn this shit down!  I do see this as a possible tipping point though.  And Trump pushing the "rigged" rhetoric is hitting home with a LOT of Americans.  This could be a real problem....and grow into something substantial.  THAT IS DANGEROUS....particularly for the Dems.

I see this latest shift from the media and FBI to somewhat show "integrity" as nothing more than them trying to save face in light of what all Americans without their heads up their asses have witnessed: the complete and utter bias of the media and complete corruption of our justice system in the favor of their political flavor.  Hillary, while riding on the shoulders of those who have disrupted, disfigured and misinformed the American public (and the world) for the last year while pushing the Dem agenda, have put Hillary pretty far up in the race.  Now, as I think was planned, they are pulling back in an attempt to "calm the masses" that they are indeed "legit".  That this election is not "rigged".  That this is all a fine example of legitimate American Democracy.  Not what it really is....a complete and utter failure of our entire system.  Their recent efforts are hollow and it means nothing.  I'm not buying it at all.

Now, and  I cannot emphasis this enough....I truly hope I am wrong and Trump truly surges to victory.  Ughhh.....or a rock.  Anything but that lying, horrendous excuse for a human being.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If Hillary wins next week, I will assume there will be calm for the most part.  However if Trump manages to pull it off, I totally expect there to be rioting, violence looting etc.

Yeah but who cares...it stays in their own little shit holes.  But, I'd sure welcome that shit-show spreading.  Time to cull the herd a bit.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I agree, Clinton wins there will be few if any protest/rioting.If Trump wins the ghetto will erupt in violence and destruction with the sole purpose being to fuck shit up but no real understanding of why.

If Trump wins, I will pay less taxes, the country's debt will spike, and many will be depressed when Trump's promise of more manufacturing doesn't come to fruition because the reality is automation and technology have forever replaced the factory worker. Our country really rocks when it comes to manufacturing.

The chart below is the reality.

p36-1.png

p36-2.png

https://audiotech.com/trends-magazine/the-american-manufacturing-renaissance-becomes-a-reality/

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Wrong.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

If Trump wins, I will pay less taxes, the country's debt will spike, and many will be depressed when Trump's promise of more manufacturing doesn't come to fruition because the reality is automation and technology have forever replaced the factory worker. Our country really rocks when it comes to manufacturing.

https://audiotech.com/trends-magazine/the-american-manufacturing-renaissance-becomes-a-reality/

I don't get your point at all. :dunno:  The debt won't "spike".  How is that relative you you paying less taxes?  And why are those charts "reality"?  Reality as compared to what?  Our country "rocking" when it comes to manufacturing?  Beats the fuck out of me.  What does this have to do with the OP?

Jesus Vince.........are you "making the turn" and over hydrating a bit or what? 

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

p36-1.png

p36-2.png

Dude, Trump cannot just walk in and change the tax codes, congress has to do that. That being said alot of thing Trump has promised to do are going to be hard for him to get accomplished. He is going to find out that when he and he alone DOES NOT have the final say that he will wish he studied up a bit more on the political process...

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Dude, Trump cannot just walk in and change the tax codes, congress has to do that. That being said alot of thing Trump has promised to do are going to be hard for him to get accomplished. He is going to find out that when he and he alone DOES NOT have the final say that he will wish he studied up a bit more on the political process...

According to Trump's plan I will pay a lot less in taxes, guys like racer won't get the breaks I will......but oh well :lol: 

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

According to Trump's plan I will pay a lot less in taxes, guys like racer won't get the breaks I will......but oh well :lol: 

Yeah well thats not how it works. Obama campaigned on 50% tax rates for the rich, but that never happened. Trump is hated buy democrats and not very well liked by Republicans... How the fuck do you think he is going to get all of this shit done?

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yeah well thats not how it works. Obama campaigned on 50% tax rates for the rich, but that never happened. Trump is hated buy democrats and not very well liked by Republicans... How the fuck do you think he is going to get all of this shit done?

The Republicans in the House will go along with tax cuts.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

The Republicans in the House will go along with tax cuts.

Not all of them. Some of them actually understand math. Not many but enough to spoil his plans...

59 minutes ago, JEFF said:

In red will never happen. Unfortunately  

Mostly because you have people on both sides of the isle that think their side can do no wrong. I'll use myself as an exsample I voted for bush in 2004 and used to back everything republicans did. I stared listening to Mike Church and realized Republican like bush were no better then democrats. If and  When the MC's and Snowriders of the world wake up then you might have something until then we are screwed 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Mostly because you have people on both sides of the isle that think their side can do no wrong. I'll use myself as an exsample I voted for bush in 2004 and used to back everything republicans did. I stared listening to Mike Church and realized Republican like bush were no better then democrats. If and  When the MC's and Snowriders of the world wake up then you might have something until then we are screwed 

Bingo.

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Going from 35% to 15% corp tax rate is not going to happen at least not over a short period.  Getting it down gradually to about 25% will help keeps the corps in the US as there won't be any reason to relocate.  Expect many more global mergers over the coming years, that will become more and more of a factor. 

34 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

p36-1.png

p36-2.png

why didnt you post this chart MP, off the same site... Look at fucking china skyrocket in the past 10 years..

Interesting quote from the site about our workers..

China is producing more manufacturing output than the US, the productivity of American factory workers is so high compared to China, that China needs almost ten factory workers for every one American worker to produce 28% more output. On a per worker basis, the average American factory was responsible for $166,000 of output in 2012, while the average Chinese factory was responsible for less than $26,000 of manufacturing output; the productivity of American factory workers was more than six times that of the average worker in China.

mfg1.jpg

Edited by Rigid1