GMC Multi-Pro Tailgate

I looked at a Denali yesterday because I really think the Multi-Pro Tailgate is a great feature.........then I saw the label that stated a maximum capacity of 375 lbs., so with that I am looking to see if anyone has tested the tailgate with a sled.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Hit the wrong button and I here the will smash into a trailer tongue if pulling a trailer.

The tailgate would have to be in the flat down position first to do that, and then you would have to either be retarded or stupid drunk to drop the step down with a trailer connected, although you would want to make the hitch ball isn't loaded before dropping the step down

• Like 1

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The tailgate would have to be in the flat down position first to do that, and then you would have to either be retarded or stupid drunk to drop the step down with a trailer connected, although you would want to make the hitch ball isn't loaded before dropping the step down

Anything in the the receiver pretty much will hit the step portion of the tailgate if the step is deployed.  Gm has the bumper step that work good....

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06/gmc-sierra-multipro-tailgate-hits-hitch-when-fully-extended-video/

gm made this tailgate to get fools to part with their money

These multi function gates are the biggest gimmicks I’ve ever seen.  I think their cost for replacement has been mentioned at over $4k????

They just have to be marketed for the do-it-yourselfers looking to pick up a couple of 2x4’s and some wallpaper at Home Depot Saturday morning.  I’ve talked about it with several contractors and everyone laughs.  

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bussman said:

Out of curiosity Vince, what is a standard tailgate rated at? I’ve never known. 

I wasted a stock F350 tail gate rolling a 55 gal barrel of oil off a loading dock,  and about a 8” drop.  Doesn’t take all that much to bend one.

Edited by DriftBusta

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I wasted a stock F350 tail gate rolling a 55 gal barrel of oil off a loading dock,  and about a 8” drop.  Doesn’t take all that much to bend one.

I fucked mine up scrapping a boiler when I changed it out. Still on there , fuck it.

5 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Aluminum trucks don't rust unless it's the frame.   The aluminum will corrode but take longer. 

Not talking about the 2015 +.

I'm talking about the pre 2015 where ford says their design doesn't cause rust...