ArCtIc CaT nEeDs A nEw ChAsSiS

Rod

17 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Exactly the Axis was brand new in 2015 and the G4 cane out in 2017. Polaris already updated the axis in 2019 for the 850 motor. The idea that the Procross is the newest chassis is laughable 

They’re the exact same chassis with updates :lol: 

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

wrong arms won't mount shocks won't mount rear suspension would need to have tunnel drilled and even way more work on a m

chain case is also diff especaly on the m clutches are completely diff taper not even the same

plastics will not fit on the m not sure on the dimond sled but pretty sure they are,also mounted diff with diff fastener location .

:owned: 

according to the causal sledding nerds here that’s a completely new chassis 

Just now, 168hp CAT 800 said:

Honestly, Poo has had a shitload of updates wayyyy above and beyond the others. 

YUH...pieces of shit chassis designs need a lot of refining year after year.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

most are in the up passing time in the woods till there next long drive 

. you can call me stupid or a crack head but that is not changing the fact the the dimond pounders are no longer the oem #1 focus not even close . 

:lol: no, no they're not. A long drive for them is to the Keweenaw.  They've never been to and aren't ever going to the mountains

1 minute ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

Yea, that's what we've been trying to tell you about Cat.  Glad you finally admitted it 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

The G4 is completely different than the XS

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Earlier model chassis always have issues. The XP was a piece of shit top to bottom. They’re still refining that turd. And it never even rode and handled well 

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol: no, no they're not. A long drive for them is to the Keweenaw.  They've never been to and aren't ever going to the mountains

Yea, that's what we've been trying to tell you about Cat.  Glad you finally admitted it 

you go to a forest service lot on the eastern side of the rockies there are more times than not more Mn WI Iowa MI Plates than locals . 

and again you will be hard pressed to find any parts from a 12 m that will bolt on to a 19 m 

prob more interchange on the dimond pounders I am not sure .  just more proof of where the oem is putting its effort 

Edited by Ez ryder

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you go to a forest service lot on the eastern side of the rockies there are more times than not more Mn WI Iowa MI Plates than locals . 

I just got back from BC. I saw no less than fifty trucks with sleds on decks heading up to the elevation to ride btween golden and rvelstoke.

Good stuff. 

I don't think there's any doubt the UP is NOT a tiny slice of the market. Its the only place in the midwest with consistent snow yearly. Its still a big market.

I'd bet $$$ West Yellowstone itself has more rentals than the entire UP. 

People that ride 2.5" paddles on trails at 75mph for 100 miles deserve to have their lugs rip off. 

I don't know if the actual mtn riders market is bigger than the trail market (wannabes with 174" in the UP along with trail sleds), but its clear where the manufacturers are spending the money, the mtn sled market. 

I meet a lot of people from the midwest in the mtns, there's a company out of MI that hauls people and their sleds out to the mtns for a week long trip twice a month or more during the season. And they are expanding every year. They can haul like 20+ people a trip. Converted toter home semi and trailer, with overflow vans and trailers as well. 

Edited by Legend

1 minute ago, ManOnManOral said:

I just got back from BC. I saw no less than fifty trucks with sleds on decks heading up to the elevation to ride btween golden and rvelstoke.

on my list before I get to old . I have guys who have asked me to come up there to ride for yrs .

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

Good stuff. 

I don't think there's any doubt the UP is NOT a tiny slice of the market. Its the only place in the midwest with consistent snow yearly. Its still a big market.

I'd bet $$$ West Yellowstone itself has more rentals than the entire UP. 

People that ride 2.5" paddles on trails at 75mph for 100 miles deserve to have their lugs rip off. 

I don't know if the actual mtn riders market is bigger than the trail market (wannabes with 174" in the UP along with trail sleds), but its clear where the manufacturers are spending the money, the mtn sled market. 

I meet a lot of people from the midwest in the mtns, there's a company out of MI that hauls people and their sleds out to the mtns for a week long trip twice a month or more during the season. And they are expanding every year. They can haul like 20+ people a trip. Converted toter home semi and trailer, with overflow vans and trailers as well. 

mom's motorsports.  think they are booked up for season already .

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

on my list before I get to old . I have guys who have asked me to come up there to ride for yrs .

Endless access in BC. Sicamouse is another great sledding area east of revelstoke. I think you could sped years out there and never ride the same area.

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

mom's motorsports.  think they are booked up for season already .

Yeah, I did a trip with them 5 or 6 years ago. Was alright. Good time. We just don't like being stuck going to where they are going if the snow isn't as good as it is someplace else. We pick our weeks we go and find the best forecast 3-7 days before leaving and go there. Works out pretty good. Always plan on arriving on a Sunday so the weekend warriors are going home and we find plenty of rooms. 

We have run into moms a few other times as well.

Edited by Legend

Just now, racinfarmer said:

If it is the one I'm thinking of, that toter and trailer is so sketchy looking.  

Yeah its no million dollar rig, that's for sure. But its not terrible, at least it wasn't when we went. 

IDK if they still do it, but they would go all the way to SoCal to the dunes in summer for ATV/UTV trips.

5 minutes ago, Legend said:

Yeah its no million dollar rig, that's for sure. But its not terrible, at least it wasn't when we went. 

IDK if they still do it, but they would go all the way to SoCal to the dunes in summer for ATV/UTV trips.

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah that pos lol 

I guess it'll keep the salt off the sleds, hopefully.  

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

I would lime to see there insurance bill. my bud owns a limo company and his bills are huge . a old  beat down big rig with some couches and beanbags slapped in the back. then ridding sleds with some of the people you drive out with  . lol liability has to be huge 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I would lime to see there insurance bill. my bud owns a limo company and his bills are huge . a old  beat down big rig with some couches and beanbags slapped in the back. then ridding sleds with some of the people you drive out with  . lol liability has to be huge 

I bet it is. 

It was cheap enough for a trip though. IIRC it was $1K to go to Cooke. Only thing we needed besides our gear and sleds was whatever we wanted to take with us for lunch on the hill and gas for our own sleds. We paid an extra hundo to take a spare sled along.