Time for a new tv

I had some expense money to use up so just picked a Samsung 65” display monitor with it to replace the 55” we are moving upstairs.   Wife put the Led strip on the new tv since the pic was taken.  Before/afterA33D3ED1-55F9-4566-91AE-65B35F6540D7.thumb.jpeg.12da4bd85bbf2034b750d6d2a82ec0d2.jpeg

7E104441-A739-4A3A-A74E-2DCE5BE93B0C.thumb.jpeg.323ddd02d6d16c556cdd143eaf04007a.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I currently have Samsung, Sony, and LG's..They are all good and I'm sure they will all break at some point..I look for warranty and price.. BJ's wholesale club is running this sale Nov 22- Dec 2.. the model #'s are right there

IMG_20191118_163609030.jpg

IMG_20191118_163622042.jpg

IMG_20191118_163641032.jpg

IMG_20191118_163647305.jpg

4 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Visio and tcl Chinese junk

the smart tv interface with samsungs making me not go that way.  I have a 55 vizio for the last 5-6 years or so and it's been good but not a fan of it's interface either.   At the time i wanted a matte screen because of the # of windows so it was that or sharp.  Just bought the daughter a TCL for school since all she will do with it is netflix/hulu through the ROKU,  i also have 4 insignia/dynek or whatever the fuck the bestbuy house brand is which have been fine.  

Going to do the TV shuffle,  new 65 in the family room,  move the 55 to the living room and the 49 from there into my bedroom since i can't read the screen of the 32 there anymore.  

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the smart tv interface with samsungs making me not go that way.  I have a 55 vizio for the last 5-6 years or so and it's been good but not a fan of it's interface either.   At the time i wanted a matte screen because of the # of windows so it was that or sharp.  Just bought the daughter a TCL for school since all she will do with it is netflix/hulu through the ROKU,  i also have 4 insignia/dynek or whatever the fuck the bestbuy house brand is which have been fine.  

Going to do the TV shuffle,  new 65 in the family room,  move the 55 to the living room and the 49 from there into my bedroom since i can't read the screen of the 32 there anymore.  

Android Box, all channels free.

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Buy a Roku stick.  I've heard nothing but problems with the Roku TV's 

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

For a TV , that's bib bucks. Im looking to spend under $700

deff hold off for a week the black Friday shit will be cheep like always .

they are all shit now days . sad that you are lucky to get 10 yrs out of a tv now .

16 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Buy a Roku stick.  I've heard nothing but problems with the Roku TV's 

I have a smart  Sony  dvd with  roku app built in .the roku app  no longer works because they changed there format or some shit 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have a smart  Sony  dvd with  roku app built in .the roku app  no longer works because they changed there format or some shit 

No ones ever tried an Android Box?? 10's of 1000's of free channels and movies, shows.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

No ones ever tried an Android Box?? 10's of 1000's of free channels and movies, shows.

It isnt technically free. It's illegal in the US I believe. Grey area up here 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

It isnt technically free. It's illegal in the US I believe. Grey area up here 

Not illegal at all, it's all from Google play store, Walmart sells them.

Edited by XCR1250

The word is that Android TV Boxes are legal to purchase and there is no illegal element attached to it if you are using them at your home. ... For example, if you are streaming or downloading certain content that is copyrighted; you may be entering the illegal territory of using Android TV boxes

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have Samsung, Vizio and an older Lg.

All have been very good and everyone has their opinions  but Im a little more partial to the Vizio and am currently looking to buy another. Just cant beat the price and maybe just lucky but never had an issue with them.  I have 4 of them and even an old maybe 14 years old 42" plasma Vizio that Im watching right now ....all flawless

5 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Been the experience of several locals I know, the Vizio's were the worst, only of 1 TCL owner here and he just recently bought it.

I know the TCL are cheep but i don't think they are junk . 

go read about the brand I did some time back when a bud was looking at buying one . actualy very impressive .

think they droped 20 billion on a new manufacturing facility 2 yrs back they have a partnership and a lab at MIT and some other shit escapes me but I would not rule them out  . the pic quality on the one bud got is very crisp 

found what I was reading there hype but what ever 

https://www.tclusa.com/about-us/our-story

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I know the TCL are cheep but i don't think they are junk . 

go read about the brand I did some time back when a bud was looking at buying one . actualy very impressive .

think they droped 20 billion on a new manufacturing facility 2 yrs back they have a partnership and a lab at MIT and some other shit escapes me but I would not rule them out  . the pic quality on the one bud got is very crisp 

Yeah I haven't heard any negatives about them from the 1 guy I know who has it but he just recently got it.

I had to buy a new TV right before we left AK and headed south. Normally my TV budget is $2000-$2500. This time I went for super cheap. 

Found a 65” TLC 4k ultra HD at walmart for $448. Brought it home, plugged it in and Im very impressed with the overall quality. super easy set up  browser is simple to run.  All the APs run very fast  for the money its a great TV  

I replaced a 75” Sony Bravia 4k ultra tv I had originally bought in 2017  for just under $3000.  The Sony fell about 4’ to the ground during the earthquake last year.  The upper right corner of the screen was broken but the Sony worked for 8 months after it fell then got worse until it wouldnt turn on  

For $448 the 65” TLC 4k is pretty bad ass  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I had to buy a new TV right before we left AK and headed south. Normally my TV budget is $2000-$2500. This time I went for super cheap. 

Found a 65” TLC 4k ultra HD at walmart for $448. Brought it home, plugged it in and Im very impressed with the overall quality. super easy set up  browser is simple to run.  All the APs run very fast  for the money its a great TV  

I replaced a 75” Sony Bravia 4k ultra tv I had originally bought in 2017  for just under $3000.  The Sony fell about 4’ to the ground during the earthquake last year.  The upper right corner of the screen was broken but the Sony worked for 8 months after it fell then got worse until it wouldnt turn on  

For $448 the 65” TLC 4k is pretty bad ass  

Do you have insurance for earthquakes up there? Just a dum question from Ontario.

Also looking for a new TV--but on a budget.

1 minute ago, gtserider said:

Do you have insurance for earthquakes up there? Just a dum question from Ontario.

Also looking for a new TV--but on a budget.

My wife's been hinting about one for a while now so that's likely what I'll get her for Christmas. She wants a 55" I believe and a Smart T.V. so she can watch the video of the music she is listening too. I also think it would be great to use a laptop and have the T.V. become the screen. I've been out of the loop for years, or when we bought our Sony Bravia about 10 yrs ago so I have some educating to do, which this thread is helping with.

• Like 1