Time for a new tv

We got a Samsung 65inch smarttv about 6 months ago.  The pic quality is really good but most likely no better than others.  I was really looking for a Droid based one but did not want Sony but they are more now running it now.  That's what I would want but no biggie.

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

TV has a line thru . Its older anyways and Im do for a new one. Thinking 65".

Any recommendations?

I have a 75" Samsung that is one model below the QLED (bought it a few years ago) and I like it alot. Not that crazy about the samsung sound bar I bought with it tho. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

I have a 75" Samsung that is one model below the QLED (bought it a few years ago) and I like it alot. Not that crazy about the samsung sound bar I bought with it tho. 

Had to go to comcast store yesterday to get a new modem. That had one of these. Pic was awesome. That's what gave me the bug for a new one.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Curved screens are big bucks , no? Not looking to drop big bucks.

Not sure what big bucks mean exactly, one of the ones we have is 65" Samsung curved screen SUHD 4 K, it was $1,900, it's also 3D. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, XCR1250 said:

Not sure what big bucks mean exactly, one of the ones we have is 65" Samsung curved screen SUHD 4 K, it was $1,900, it's also 3D. 

For a TV , that's bib bucks. Im looking to spend under $700

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

That's what my wife said. Im not sure $200 savings is worth that shit thou.

You'll save more than $200 

Black Friday is best time to buy a TV. Right before Super Bowl Sunday too 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Had to go to comcast store yesterday to get a new modem. That had one of these. Pic was awesome. That's what gave me the bug for a new one.

You need to use an HDMI cord for the HD tv's. The samsung actually has a pretty slick set up where everything plugs into their own box and it knows what to do. Then just hook up to the wifi in your home and you can watch anything, surf the internet, whatever. Pretty cool. 

• Like 1

Curved TVs are already about dead, no benefit to them.  

Vizio makes a very nice TV for a great price.  I have a 60" and 65" and both have been flawless. Black Friday you'll be able to find one cheap.  I got my 65" 2 years ago and it was under $700 at Walmart black Friday.  Nice thing is you can just go in and pay for it and come back another day to get it and not mess with the crowds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

TV has a line thru . Its older anyways and Im do for a new one. Thinking 65".

Any recommendations?

mostly because of the built in ROKU I am looking at a 6 series TCL.   $799

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-Class-Dolby-Vision-Smart/dp/B07V4TC9V8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=15CZTB0V3OCBZ&keywords=tcl+6+series+65+inch+4k+tv&qid=1574109989&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sprefix=tcl+6+series+%2Caps%2C142&sr=8-3

Edited by Angry ginger

Best Buy and THE WALLmart are having big deals on 65s. I did a Google search for 65 inch black Friday and there are tons of articles on the tvs and the prices.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-led-nu6900-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6268405.p?skuId=6268405

$479

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-65-class-led-um7300pua-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6336444.p?skuId=6336444

$529

And a ton more. Just do a little research