The new Mustang Mach!

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

The cross section of blade needed to make any meaningful power would never fit in the grill and it would provide more restriction than gain.

A net sum loss

Well so much for that idea.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Cool thing about the electrics that are coming out are that they are typically faster then their ICE counterparts.  Also you don’t have to visit a gas station during a daily commute at all if your commute is under 125 miles one way.  Also a lot cheaper to run by mile then a pure ICE vehicle.

ALot less maintenance also. No oil changes, no transmissions, no coolant, no spark plugs. Cost of ownership will be alot less than ICE vehicles and better performance? pfft. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Those types of things always seem like good ideas but the reality is there really isnt any free lunch. Regenerative braking works obviously 

Just now, Anler said:

ALot less maintenance also. No oil changes, no transmissions, no coolant, no spark plugs. Cost of ownership will be alot less than ICE vehicles and better performance? pfft. 

What is the MTBF for the electronics on the modern can?  How long does your computer last these days?  As technology shifts so do the problems.  My business thrives cause my shit's MTBF is over twice that from the OEMs.

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Cool thing about the electrics that are coming out are that they are typically faster then their ICE counterparts.  Also you don’t have to visit a gas station during a daily commute at all if your commute is under 125 miles one way.  Also a lot cheaper to run by mile then a pure ICE vehicle.

they make all the sense in the world for a majority of the american population.  Outside my drop off/pick up of my daughter in OH which I could just rent a car for I don't have the need to drive more than 200-250 miles at a time and I put more miles on than the average american.  

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What is the MTBF for the electronics on the modern can?  How long does your computer last these days?  As technology shifts so do the problems.  My business thrives cause my shit's MTBF is over twice that from the OEMs.

The OEM's are playing catch up here. The younger generations dont think in the terms we do, they are thinking ahead. Cars are going to look alot different in 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sure you could have problems with the electronics, but the maintenance costs are still lower. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

The OEM's are playing catch up here. The younger generations dont think in the terms we do, they are thinking ahead. Cars are going to look alot different in 20 years. 

That's what you think.  Unless you are a fag.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they make all the sense in the world for a majority of the american population.  Outside my drop off/pick up of my daughter in OH which I could just rent a car for I don't have the need to drive more than 200-250 miles at a time and I put more miles on than the average american.  

Pull into the garage at the end of the day and plug in to a 240 50 amp outlet and say charge at 40 amps with around 80% charge efficiency you could easily add over 8 kwh per hour.  

It takes my EV about 2.5 hours at 240 volt to take the 10kwh battery pack from empty to full but it won’t doesn’t have the capability to charge much above 20 amps......  it only has 18-20 mile range.  

My wife likes the look of the Mach E and at around 50k for a GT that does 0-60 in mid 3.5 second range it is such a bargain!

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's what you think.  Unless you are a fag.

Its what it is. All of the newest tech being developed is being spearheaded by young people. The ICE has been around for 100 years. Its old tech. 

Just now, Anler said:

Its what it is. All of the newest tech being developed is being spearheaded by young people. The ICE has been around for 100 years. Its old tech. 

Yes it's great but how long does it last before obsolete.

6 hours ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

About a year. Maybe less. 

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What does that look like in 10 years. 

5 hours ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

Almost completely worthless 

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

fixed.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m112&zip=60477#resultsPage=1

image.jpeg.a6834904509532712700f8bc1c49dbf1.jpeg

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Keep the grill. Let air in and let it spin a small turbine to charge.

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

The cross section of blade needed to make any meaningful power would never fit in the grill and it would provide more restriction than gain.

A net sum loss

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Solar roof/hood trickle charger? :dunno: