Any of you bad ass snipers get a deer this morning?

Kivalo

Didn't plan on hunting this year because I've been so busy so no time to prep, etc but my buddy talked me into going this weekend. 

He shot a big bodied small 8 pt this morning. We have some doe tags to fill yet so looks like we'll have some venison this winter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Didn't plan on hunting this year because I've been so busy so no time to prep, etc but my buddy talked me into going this weekend. 

He shot a big bodied small 8 pt this morning. We have some doe tags to fill yet so looks like we'll have some venison this winter.

Oh you are such a hypocrite...I ca t believe you are going to eat those deer that capitalism provided you through the results of capitalist gun manufacturers and capitalist farmers who fed those deer derp

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ManOnManOral said:

I get lots with this. It punts them 200 yards.20191116_203223.thumb.jpg.4c4df1b161862d67f50d5196641d7bb2.jpg

How many moose, if any, have you hit over the years? I imagine some of those big buggers wouldn't be punted 200 yards and would/could cause some serious damage to your rig, let alone the accident they may cause? 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

How many moose, if any, have you hit over the years? I imagine some of those big buggers wouldn't be punted 200 yards and would/could cause some serious damage to your rig, let alone the accident they may cause? 

I've seen cars that hit moose. They looked like they ran into a fukkin'  TT. They used to leave a moose/car parked in front of this garage on Rt. 2, just west of Gorham, NH. with a sign that warned to watch out for moose. Fukkin' thing was a mangled wreck. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm not a hunter but most of my friends are.

2 of my buds shot 3 deer last Friday.  They would be in the "If its brown, put it down" category.

I haven't seen a deer near the house in a couple years but now that they have taken the corn off the field behind the house tonight, I might start seeing them again.

Just down the road a couple miles yesterday morning, I seen a buck following 3 does along the edge of a corn field.

I don't have a problem with people shooting any legal deer. Some guys go for YEARS without getting a deer. 

If they just get a small buck or doe, to them it's a trophy. Some people just want some venison for the freezer, and get a kick out of eating the deer meat. 

The success rate for non-residents in Maine was so low, that non-resident hunting has dropped off the charts.  

It was for a long time about 10% !! Wow, that really sucks!!!  

59 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

A bud of mine got one with a bow a few weeks back. Was dark by the time he tracked it and found it. Half eaten by a pack of yotes that were not backing down.

No way I would have approached a pack, without a gun. 

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m a if it’s brown,it goes down. To many deer in the Midwest. I would rather see hunters get them,than body shops being full of deer hits. 

I've always said that states like Maine that have a lot of moose/car hits, should have special zones allowing extra moose kills. 

When I use to hunt up around Rangeley, Eustis there were moose all along that route, on the sides of the roads. 

They should let hunters bag them. It won't stop all of them, but many. 

A big moose can take the top of a car off in a collision. 

Auction the fukkin' permits off in high-density zones, they could make a fortune. 

It's usually just one road like Route 16 that has them. Shoot the moose on that stretch and maybe a mile deep from the road. 

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m a if it’s brown,it goes down. To many deer in the Midwest. I would rather see hunters get them,than body shops being full of deer hits. 

I’m not a hunter but, I can agree to some of this (leaving out the fact that the overpopulation is our own fault of course).  There are some long stretches of road up here that are near terrifying to drive at speed.  Big fucking meat sacks jump out of the tall grass before you even see their heads.  Jesus.  One fatty hosed me good a couple years back too.  FUCK!

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not a hunter but, I can agree to some of this (leaving out the fact that the overpopulation is our own fault of course).  There are some long stretches of road up here that are near terrifying to drive at speed.  Big fucking meat sacks jump out of the tall grass before you even see their heads.  Jesus.  One fatty hosed me good a couple years back too.  FUCK!

I would let a big buck with a big rack walk on by. If he is smart enough not to play in the street,than he should be left alone to reproduce. To many trophy hunters out there. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I would let a big buck with a big rack walk on by. If he is smart enough not to play in the street,than he should be left alone to reproduce. To many trophy hunters out there. 

The most intelligent and most adaptable live the longest and get the biggest.  KILL THEM FIRST!  

:lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

The most intelligent and most adaptable live the longest and get the biggest.  KILL THEM FIRST!  

:lmao:

My son and his friends post pics of their freezers full for hunting pics. Same with a bunch of my neighbors in the UP.  They say the small young ones taste better? 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

99% of the deer you see hit on the side of the road are doe. If you just want meat or you're trying to control the population to keep car/deer accidents down, shoot a doe.

41 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My son and his friends post pics of their freezers full for hunting pics. Same with a bunch of my neighbors in the UP.  They say the small young ones taste better? 

More tender meat like everything else, not taste better.  Lots say northern and UP deer don't taste as good because of what they eat. Also not true. It's how you kill them and  clean them. If a deer runs and travels a lot more after they're shot before they die, that adrenaline can have an effect on them. You have to hang them longer and rinse them out good. The less they run the better. I shot a deer up at the tip of the mit, almost to the bridge. Wasn't eating off any farm or good food source. He didn't make it more than 25 yards before it bled out and died. Tasted just as good as a southern Michigan farm country deer.

14 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

99% of the deer you see hit on the side of the road are doe. If you just want meat or you're trying to control the population to keep car/deer accidents down, shoot a doe.

More tender meat like everything else, not taste better.  Lots say northern and UP deer don't taste as good because of what they eat. Also not true. It's how you kill them and  clean them. If a deer runs and travels a lot more after they're shot before they die, that adrenaline can have an effect on them. You have to hang them longer and rinse them out good. The less they run the better. I shot a deer up at the tip of the mit, almost to the bridge. Wasn't eating off any farm or good food source. He didn't make it more than 25 yards before it bled out and died. Tasted just as good as a southern Michigan farm country deer.

Diet certainly impacts flavor. I've eaten plenty of MN swamp buck and plenty of Indiana corn deer. Certainly less gamey flavor from a cornfed diet