Any of you bad ass snipers get a deer this morning?

Kivalo

I don't even want ta' shoot any of the deer around here. I saw a few up back last week, but I have no real desire to shoot them. If I get a chance to head out someplace else, I will. If not I just wanna' cap a coyote.

OH, I got another bear up back!!! Holy shit got it on my cam a few days ago. Smaller than the one a year ago, that was a real big yogi. 

I don't really wanna' cap the bear either. 

I have deer, bear, turkeys, fox, bobcats, fishers, raccoons, possums, rabbits, owls, red-tailed hawks, squirrels, woodchucks, and God knows what else around here.

Years ago I did see a moose up back, haven't seen one in a long time.

The only thing I wanna' get is the yote. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I don't even want ta' shoot any of the deer around here. I saw a few up back last week, but I have no real desire to shoot them. If I get a chance to head out someplace else, I will. If not I just wanna' cap a coyote.

OH, I got another bear up back!!! Holy shit got it on my cam a few days ago. Smaller than the one a year ago, that was a real big yogi. 

I don't really wanna' cap the bear either. 

I have deer, bear, turkeys, fox, bobcats, fishers, raccoons, possums, rabbits, owls, red-tailed hawks, squirrels, woodchucks, and God knows what else around here.

Years ago I did see a moose up back, haven't seen one in a long time.

The only thing I wanna' get is the yote. 

Had a couple big does 35 ft from the kitchen door 2 weeks ago. Will not shoot them either. I like watching them. May head out a mile or so out back and see whats there.

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Had a couple big does 35 ft from the kitchen door 2 weeks ago. Will not shoot them either. I like watching them. May head out a mile or so out back and see whats there.

Ya' know people ( myself included ) tend to think that a deer on their property is " THEIR DEER ", when in fact that deer probably covers a square mile area. I just don't have enough around here, so I don't think I'm shootin' any here. If I had like 20 or so, that's one thing, but all I've got is about 5. That's not enough!! A couple could get hit by cars, caught by coyotes, or shot by hunters, and then I'm back down to hardly any!!   

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Ya' know people ( myself included ) tend to think that a deer on their property is " THEIR DEER ", when in fact that deer probably covers a square mile area. I just don't have enough around here, so I don't think I'm shootin' any here. If I had like 20 or so, that's one thing, but all I've got is about 5. That's not enough!! A couple could get hit by cars, caught by coyotes, or shot by hunters, and then I'm back down to hardly any!!   

I don't see em as often as I would like. My next door neighbor cleared a few acres last fall and seeded it . Unfortunatly it didn t come in so good. Was hoping they would be out there every day. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I don't see em as often as I would like. My next door neighbor cleared a few acres last fall and seeded it . Unfortunatly it didn t come in so good. Was hoping they would be out there every day. 

Go up to the FARM STORE in Milford, and get some cracked corn, and a combo mixture, and put it out there, and they'll be on your back porch!!! :lol:

Just now, Anler said:

Neighbor got a buck, saw it in the back of his pick up this morning. 

Our herd is weak. Not enough farms around anymore. VT is only a little bigger then us and there heard is more then twice the size.

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Go up to the FARM STORE in Milford, and get some cracked corn, and a combo mixture, and put it out there, and they'll be on your back porch!!! :lol:

Got a bag downstairs. Grabbed it the day they were out back. They havnt been back since.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Our herd is weak. Not enough farms around anymore. VT is only a little bigger then us and there heard is more then twice the size.

There are alot of deer around here. There is a lot of protected habitat around for them to thrive. And people feed them. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

We use to go to HARTLAND, VT, and count up to 50 deer at the edges of the fields at dusk!!!! 

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

We use to go to HARTLAND, VT, and count up to 50 deer at the edges of the fields at dusk!!!! 

ever been on I-84 ct , ny stateline? Fuckers are like cattle. Middle of the day you pass a field and they will be like that.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

ever been on I-84 ct , ny stateline? Fuckers are like cattle. Middle of the day you pass a field and they will be like that.

Went to Adirondack State Park about 25 years ago, and they were all over everybody's lawns back then.

I agree the herds are not big around here. 

Haven't been out yet this year and probably won't.   Need to get some corn and put it out back. Now that all the leaves, apples and pears are gone, haven't seen anything in a while.  State just lifted the baiting/feed ban here so I'll have to go to TSC and get some shelled corn. 

Saw a couple of nice deer on FB guys I know got.  Buddy got a nice buck up in Grand Marais. Big buck for the UP 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Hunting way on the decline in Michigan. 

65BF97FA-BF67-427A-8EB8-BC6E054E8A58.jpeg

Purchases of licenses is down in Michigan because Michigan hunters are going elsewhere to hunt.  Dumb fucks who have the "it's brown it's down" mentality, have ruined the sport.  Michigan needs to have a 4 point or greater on one side to shoot a buck. The "brown it's down" "hunters" will run along as GTFO of the sport and go ruin something else.  

8 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Purchases of licenses is down in Michigan because Michigan hunters are going elsewhere to hunt.  Dumb fucks who have the "it's brown it's down" mentality, have ruined the sport.  Michigan needs to have a 4 point or greater on one side to shoot a buck. The "brown it's down" "hunters" will run along as GTFO of the sport and go ruin something else.  

I haven’t hunted in years, but that does seem to be the mentality.   

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I haven’t hunted in years, but that does seem to be the mentality.   

Haven't hunters nearly as much in the last 10 years like I use to.  See it all the time at deer processing places and on dumbasses trucks. Dumb fucks shoot small little spikes, 4s and 6s.  Fucking pathetic.  If you just want some meat, shoot a fucking doe.