Snowmobile boots thread

SSFB

Just now, bussman said:

The only boot you need is the one up your ass for buying that Analer special. :finger2:

Haven’t bought anything yet but I’ll be sure to let you know first! :owned:

32 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I don’t like stiff shoes and boots, never have. Has nothing to do with being “active”. I’ll jump around on a sled as much or more as anybody else.

If you require stiff boots you might have weak ankles. :lol:

My boots aren’t stiff.  They have support and flexibility where it should be.

28 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

No shit, some of us don’t need race numbers and poser gear to go sledding.

I don’t either.  But I have good gear for better riding.  I can roll out there in a fucking burlap sack and crocs if I wanted.  I just don’t prefer it.

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

Analer:  Someone say Swiss Rolls?!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2901178c766703ee8b73

I mean, exactly how fat is that fucker?  Will Walker Evans withstand that type of abuse?

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

That little Debbie’s sure knows how to make a man happy.  Who ever put that end cap near the checkout at Menards,should be our next president.:bc:

Fuck!  I know!  I can grab a box of those or nutter butters and punish that shit like it was my job!!!!  The white Christmas cakes are about to come out....I can be an Olympic eater with those things.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yuh, you can ride with any boot but, gear made specifically for active sledding makes a big difference.  Like I said, I’ll roll out in sorels, track pants and my pit coat too for a quick jaunt (sometimes they end up a tad longer) but, when I’m planning on really getting fancy out there, I’m wearing gear made more for it.  It makes a difference.

Fucking sorels are like wearing rain boots out there.  Heavy and sweaty with your feet slopping around in them as your ankles take a beating due to no support. 

If you are an active sledder and aren’t wearing good sledding boots.....why not?  If you just sit down and ride, go to Walmart  and get a pair of blue plate specials...with a thick ass pair wool socks.

again I say one of the best riders I know rolls in old sorrels with bibs duct taped to them . I think it is part fuck you part I don't give a fuck  part i want more money for pot lol . kind of like how tiger can pretty much kick most guys ass using nothing but a 7 iorn for the whole game 

I know when he was working showes or in videos etc he was sporting shit they gave him . I think the pin had him guid his crew yrs back .

I on the other hand buy way to much shit 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

again I say one of the best riders I know rolls in old sorrels with bibs duct taped to them . I think it is part fuck you part I don't give a fuck  part i want more money for pot lol . kind of like how tiger can pretty much kick most guys ass using nothing but a 7 iorn for the whole game 

I know when he was working showes or in videos etc he was sporting shit they gave him . I think the pin had him guid his crew yrs back .

I on the other hand buy way to much shit 

Why does he duct tape his bibs to his boots?

1 hour ago, Anler said:

It's what smart people do! :bc:

yes,supporting small biz is a smart thing to do . how many Polaris  reliability kit company's owe there house and new Logan trailer and limmited f350s to the Polaris 800? I can think of 3 off the top lol sad reality 

4 hours ago, SSFB said:

I’ve had my current pair for so long I can’t even remember what they are? Baffin maybe? They’ve been good but the sole is torn up. 

Looked at Klim Adrenalines today, not a fan, too stiff. 

Castle X Force 2 seemed OK. 

What is everybody wearing?

Klim /thread. The reinforcement and goretex make for warm feet and  good support like an mx boot.

3 hours ago, irv said:

I've been wanting to get a pair of these for a few years now. My son has a pair and he says they work great. I've heard that from others as well. They are super light too so that is also a plus, imo.

Anyone else have any thoughts on them? CKX Taiga.

https://www.ckxgear.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/apparels-and-protective-gear/boots/ckx-taiga-boots-men-snowmobile

I have had a pair of these for about 6 years now. They are ready to be replaced. I would get another pair for sure. My feet got warmer when I switched the socks I was wearing as my feet dont sweat nearly as much anymore. The fact that they are as light as they are really appreciated at the end of a long day. I like a boot that fits snugly when I walk. The other thing I like is that they have a velcro strap so you dont have to struggle with laces. They go on quick. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, probill said:

I have had a pair of these for about 6 years now. They are ready to be replaced. I would get another pair for sure. My feet got warmer when I switched the socks I was wearing as my feet dont sweat nearly as much anymore. The fact that they are as light as they are really appreciated at the end of a long day. I like a boot that fits snugly when I walk. The other thing I like is that they have a velcro strap so you dont have to struggle with laces. They go on quick. 

I honestly think I am going to try a pair. Great reviews from people who use them, including my son, so what the hell. Sled show this weekend so I am hoping to buy a pair there. 

Thanks. :bc:

14 minutes ago, irv said:

I honestly think I am going to try a pair. Great reviews from people who use them, including my son, so what the hell. Sled show this weekend so I am hoping to buy a pair there. 

I got mine from Royal. They were less than $90 way back when. Cant really go wrong if you can get a pair of decent boots for that kind of money, even if they only last a couple of years.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, irv said:

The wife picked up a pair last Sat at HB Cycle (doo dealer) for $99. Says good for -85 ,removable liners and super lightweight. I have Baffins but might grab a pair this week

20191111_231750.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The wife picked up a pair last Sat at HB Cycle (doo dealer) for $99. Says good for -85 ,removable liners and super lightweight. I have Baffins but might grab a pair this week

20191111_231750.jpg

That's a good price, George. Hopefully I can find some at the Peterborough show this weekend?