California sucks man arrested for eating a breakfast sandwich

jtssrx

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

That sandwich cop could have done the right thing and simply said...

"Its technically illegal to eat that sandwich here but if you promise me you wont toss that wrapper on the ground I'll pretend I didnt see you....have a good day"

I was gone working on trails, back now..anyhow, who said the Cop didn't tell him that?? We only saw the part they wanted you to see. The Cop DID in fact warn him first to stop.

BART General Manager Bob Powers released the following statement about the incident:

"Moving 415,000 riders each day comes with complexities and there are laws in place to keep our system safe, welcoming, and clean.

I've seen the video of the incident involving a man eating on our platform and our police response. Eating in the paid area is banned and there are multiple signs inside every station saying as much. As a transportation system our concern with eating is related to the cleanliness of our stations and system. This was not the case in the incident at Pleasant Hill station on Monday.

The officer asked the rider not to eat while passing by on another call. It should have ended there, but it didn't. When the officer walked by again and still saw him eating, he moved forward with the process of issuing him a citation. The individual refused to provide identification, cursed at and made homophobic slurs at the officer who remained calm through out the entire engagement.

The officer was doing his job but context is key. Enforcement of infractions such as eating and drinking inside our paid area should not be used to prevent us from delivering on our mission to provide safe, reliable, and clean transportation. We have to read each situation and allow people to get where they are going on time and safely.

I'm disappointed how the situation unfolded. I apologize to Mr. Foster, our riders, employees, and the public who have had an emotional reaction to the video

Edited by XCR1250

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, bussman said:

Come on. In theory I agree with you. In practice this is complete and total bullshit. Look at San Francisco sidewalks as your example. 

I have an idea, how about you wait and actually see if I litter first before treating me like a criminal that hasn’t committed a crime yet. 

Maybe they figure if they eat they will have to shit. And they don't want em shitting there. lol

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

I was gone working on trails, back now..anyhow, who said the Cop didn't tell him that?? We only saw the part they wanted you to see. The Cop DID in fact warn him first to stop.

BART General Manager Bob Powers released the following statement about the incident:

"Moving 415,000 riders each day comes with complexities and there are laws in place to keep our system safe, welcoming, and clean.

I've seen the video of the incident involving a man eating on our platform and our police response. Eating in the paid area is banned and there are multiple signs inside every station saying as much. As a transportation system our concern with eating is related to the cleanliness of our stations and system. This was not the case in the incident at Pleasant Hill station on Monday.

The officer asked the rider not to eat while passing by on another call. It should have ended there, but it didn't. When the officer walked by again and still saw him eating, he moved forward with the process of issuing him a citation. The individual refused to provide identification, cursed at and made homophobic slurs at the officer who remained calm through out the entire engagement.

The officer was doing his job but context is key. Enforcement of infractions such as eating and drinking inside our paid area should not be used to prevent us from delivering on our mission to provide safe, reliable, and clean transportation. We have to read each situation and allow people to get where they are going on time and safely.

I'm disappointed how the situation unfolded. I apologize to Mr. Foster, our riders, employees, and the public who have had an emotional reaction to the video

Exactly like anyone with more than 2 brain cells thought it went down. 

Its about the trash ladies. If some of you would get out of your box and do a little traveling you will see places where trash isn't tolerated. IMO all public transportation systems should be “no eating” and “no open container of any kind”. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly like anyone with more than 2 brain cells thought it went down. 

Its about the trash ladies. If some of you would get out of your box and do a little traveling you will see places where trash isn't tolerated. IMO all public transportation systems should be “no eating” and “no open container of any kind”. 

It’s not littering until you litter. 

It’s like saying you can’t drive your car because you might speed because the vehicle is capable of speeding. 

1 minute ago, bussman said:

“I’m detaining you” 

Come on dude, the selective enforcement of law, especially in California is an absolute joke. :bc: 

There was nothing selective about this particular incident. The LEO asked the perp to stop eating in the restricted area. The perp said “fuck you”. The perp got arrested. 

I rather like the way it went down. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Capitalism REQUIRES the state. 

Without the state to serve as it's enforcement arm, capitalism wouldn't last a fucking day. 

The best part is you think "true communism" would last.  :lol:  

Notice how I  didn't need to see the answer from the BART Chief?  I gave my opinion right off the bat, that the negro was a fukkin punk. 

I'm a Doctor of Drunks, Professor of Punks. That's my forte'. 

I've been called a police genius. Now you know why.    

I'm also getting very sick and tired of Benny Too Skinny, and his bullshit. Yes Benny, we know some cops are punks. We fukkin know. What options are their, if no cops?  

No one is a boot-licker if they obey the law. No matter how tough, strong, good of a fist-fighter you are, if you fight the cops, you will ultimately lose. If you're lucky you will just get cuffed. If you get a bad crew, they might beat your face in. 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Notice how I  didn't need to see the answer from the BART Chief?  I gave my opinion right off the bat, that the negro was a fukkin punk. 

I'm a Doctor of Drunks, Professor of Punks. That's my forte'. 

I've been called a police genius. Now you know why.    

I'm also getting very sick and tired of Benny Too Skinny, and his bullshit. Yes Benny, we know some cops are punks. We fukkin know. What options are their, if no cops?  

No one is a boot-licker if they obey the law. No matter how tough, strong, good of a fist-fighter you are, if you fight the cops, you will ultimately lose. If you're lucky you will just get cuffed. If you get a bad crew, they might beat your face in. 

Shut the fuck up

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Benny Too Skinny !!!!!!!  LMAO!!

Hey, yuuuge biceps!!   LMMFAO!!! OMG!! I still laugh about that pic around the woodpile!!! :lol::lol:

I'd take you apart with the quickness old man....I'd hit you with the hose and delousing powder before I beat your SK though 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'd take you apart with the quickness old man....I'd hit you with the hose and delousing powder before I beat your SK though 

WTF is an SK, Schwarzenneger???

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

HA!HA!HA! With those " pipes " you're lucky if you could beat your pud!!!!!   LMMFAO!! Benny's Massive Pythonian Guns!!!!    :lmao::lmao::lmao:   

I would crush your skull with my hands and then pitch you in the dumpster

On 11/10/2019 at 8:35 PM, motonoggin said:

Capitalists: "communism will control every aspect of your life"

Also capitalists: "we can tell you where to eat breakfast"

Capitalism refers to trade, economics and finances. It doesn’t need authoritarianism to survive like communism does 

46 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

Capitalism refers to trade, economics and finances. It doesn’t need authoritarianism to survive like communism does 

The fuck it doesn't. 

Capitalism is built upon the social construct of private property. Private property can only be enforced by the State. 

Communism describes a stateless, classless, moneyless society. 

22 hours ago, f7ben said:

Let's just be honest here.....half the forum only supports this cops actions because it was a black man eating the sandwich. Fucking pile of mouth breathing bootlicking racists in here

On the contrary, I would have laughed even harder if it was an arrogant white dude. Like yourself

Just now, Zeusand said:

On the contrary, I would have laughed even harder if it was an arrogant white dude. Like yourself

Well that wouldnt have happened....because the cop wouldnt have said a word to a white dude