The Hero Comey

:news: 

FBI's Comey opposed naming Russians, citing election timing: Source

FBI Director James Comey argued privately that it was too close to Election Day for the United States government to name Russia as meddling in the U.S. election and ultimately ensured that the FBI's name was not on the document that the U.S. government put out, a former FBI official tells CNBC.

The official said some government insiders are perplexed as to why Comey would have election timing concerns with the Russian disclosure but not with the Huma Abedin email discovery disclosure he made Friday.

In the end, the Department of Homeland Security and The Office of the Director of National Intelligence issued the statement on Oct. 7, saying "The U.S. intelligence community is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of emails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations…These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process."

An FBI spokesperson declined to comment on Comey's role in the decision making surrounding the Oct. 7 statement. 

According to the former official, Comey agreed with the conclusion the intelligence community came to: "A foreign power was trying to undermine the election. He believed it to be true, but was against putting it out before the election." Comey's position, this official said, was "if it is said, it shouldn't come from the FBI, which as you'll recall it did not." 

Comey took a different approach toward releasing information about the discovery of emails on a laptop that was used by former Congressman Anthony Weiner and his estranged wife Huma Abedin, the official said. "By doing a press conference, and personally testifying and giving his opinion about the conduct, he made this about James Comey and his credibility," the official said. "You can see why he did it, from his perspective, once he had had that press conference." 

The official said FBI investigators can get a "preliminary read" of the newly discovered emails within a couple of days and come to an initial conclusion about whether there is classified material in the files. "The questions is whether they will decide to share that read or not," the official said. "Normally in the FBI we would not, but we're not in normal land anymore." 

Comey's decision to announce the new investigative steps has come under severe criticism from Democrats, including Hillary Clinton who addressed the issue at a rally Monday. "I'm sure a lot of you may be asking what this new email story is about and why in the world the FBI would decide to jump into an election with no evidence of any wrongdoing with just days to go. That's a good question," Clinton said. "I am sure they will reach the same conclusion they did when they looked at my emails for the last year. There is no case here."

The Donald Trump campaign, meanwhile, has praised Comey for continuing to investigate Clinton. "The right thing to do whatever the FBI thinks," said Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway on CNBC Monday morning. "It's not for us to say speed it up because of the election or slow it down because of the election."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fbis-comey-opposed-naming-russians-citing-election-timing-source/ar-AAjETv8

i was wondering if comey didn't reveal this e-mail thing, to counter balance a russia/trump investigation announcement? that way he doesn't look like he's favoring clinton. cause let's face it, anyone with any sense doesn't want trump in office. i think comey has some sense.

Edited by Snoslinger

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i was wondering if comey didn't reveal this e-mail thing, to counter balance a russia/trump investigation announcement? that way he doesn't look like he's favoring clinton. cause let's face it, anyone with any sense doesn't want trump in office. i think comey has some sense.

STFU New York Corky.

14 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It is real rich to sit back and cry about other govts doing to us what we have been doing to them for 50 years... 

boom , exactly. You have to be literally the dumbest motherfuck in the world to focus on any bullshit russia aspect of the leaks when the leaks themselves are so egregious they should undue any organization involved in the treasonous treachery exposed

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i give you, and your your other dipshit trump buddies, a week or less to start crying about the fbi again...

Well that may be but you will be a hack cunt until you depart this mortal coil.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

boom , exactly. You have to be literally the dumbest motherfuck in the world to focus on any bullshit russia aspect of the leaks when the leaks themselves are so egregious they should undue any organization involved in the treasonous treachery exposed

Poor Hillary supporters.  One more thing they have to try to water down and cut into bite size pieces to be able to choke down and swallow while continuing to curtsy for their oh so corrupt and lying queen.

It must be absolute torture to sacrifice ones own integrity for absolutely no real gain.  But I guess if you don't have much to begin with, well......easy peazy!

Just now, Snoslinger said:

what is with you anyway smales? did you feel somewhat abandoned soon after this site formed, and felt the need to align yourself with some of the resident dipshits? you were doing pretty good for awhile.

I'm always doing fine especially if I'm at odds with the likes of you. :bc:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Poor Hillary supporters.  One more thing they have to try to water down and cut into bite size pieces to be able to choke down and swallow while continuing to curtsy for their oh so corrupt and lying queen.

It must be absolute torture to sacrifice ones own integrity for absolutely no real gain.  But I guess if you don't have much to begin with, well......easy peazy!

likely proof that russia, the one time forbidden, hated enemy of the rwws, affecting our election and you're focusing on hillary e-mails regarding cookie recipes :lmao:

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

likely proof that russia, the one time forbidden, hated enemy of the rwws, affecting our election and you're focusing on hillary e-mails regarding cookie recipes :lmao:

shut up cunt .....I'm glad whoever it was that hacked did the hacking. Exposing corruption is a good thing regardless of who does it. Fuck you and fuck anyone who clings to this bullshit russia narrative

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

shut up cunt .....I'm glad whoever it was that hacked did the hacking. Exposing corruption is a good thing regardless of who does it. Fuck you and fuck anyone who clings to this bullshit russia narrative

that's fine and dandy ben, but let's look at all parties, instead of just the dnc. also, there simply has to be things the public doesn't need to know about. i know that isn't the case on fantasy island, but it is in the real world.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Russia.  Oh yes.  When our political "leaders" run out of scape goats within our own nation.  These people are throwbacks out of the 1970's.  And yes, blaming and insulting the worlds second largest superpower (nuclear) then saying Trump isn't stable enough to hold the "nuclear codes".  It's a damn children's book!  And a bad one at that!

"Duck and cover!" :lol:

Stupidest shit ever.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

that's fine and dandy ben, but let's look at all parties, instead of just the dnc. also, there simply has to be things the public doesn't need to know about. i know that isn't the case on fantasy island, but it is in the real world.

Do you think the Republicans dont know their time is coming? I bet the behaviour shapes up knowing they could be exposed at any time. I'm all for exposing any corruption and I don't think a single thing has been exposed that the public didnt have a right to know

Just now, Zambroski said:

Russia.  Oh yes.  When our political "leaders" run out of scape goats within our own nation.  These people are throwbacks out of the 1970's.  And yes, blaming and insulting the worlds second largest superpower (nuclear) then saying Trump isn't stable enough to hold the "nuclear codes".  It's a damn children's book!  And a bad one at that!

"Duck and cover!" :lol:

Stupidest shit ever.

are you really this naive? serious question. there are many valid concerns with russia and their desires and plans. having a puppet like trump in the WH would benefit them, and him, very nicely.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

That's about the most bootlicking thing ever said. 

This government has neither a right to nor deserves privacy.