Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

20 hours ago, Sksman said:

It doesn’t matter what we do or spend on the reserves until the people living there make changes on the reserve and take pride in their homes.  In the one article they showed an abandon house on a reserve with a housing shortages. 

Fix it up.  Do the repairs.  And don’t destroy it in first place.

As for water issue, Trudope promising all reserves will have water by end on 2021 or 2022 is a joke.

He can’t even get his missing women’s enquiry completed in that time.

Water treatment plants require planning and money.  Not hugs. 

How can a engineering firm design, have it approved to meet environmental specs, tender, schedule and carry out the work in 3 or 4 years?

Its a year to get environmental approvals.

A year to plan construction of treatment plants. Even upgrades.  Forget building in Arctic conditions. 

Then replacing and chlorinating water lines also.

Its a 2025 goal for sure  

But us hey anything we can say to get a Liberal politician elected is okay.

During the Attawapiskat 'crisis', there was footage inside the 'homes'. You could see the staples under the rafters where ceiling tile had been. I imagine they had been burned for heat. How hard can it be to cut wood (I know it's not great firewood up there) if you know you need it.

Also, a water treatment has to properly operated & maintained. I think it was the Kashechewan water crisis that when the story of bad water hit the media, the Band said that the water treatment plant had been broken for months, but nothing had been done. You would think fixing the plant would be priority.

No different than these reports of broken fire trucks after fatal fires on FNs.

Years ago i was at a mining conference in Iqaluit and they held a town hall meeting during the conference for all conference attendees to attend  

The local Chief was speaking.  His comments were that the northern territories were going to need alot of people in the the coming years to work in the mining operations. There was talk of 15,000 upcoming positions at mines. 

His next comment was that the Native communities could look at these opportunities and profit from the employment of many of the local people. 

But the local people would have to adapt to the culture of the mines. That is change the way the native people  think and adapt the work culture.  12 hour shifts.  No missing work. Be on time. 

The Chief states it was a great opportunity for the people but they could not expect it to be handed to them without some work as their were southern people who would happily take the jobs.  

The chief was dead on.  There is good paying jobs for natives but they have to take some initative. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, revrnd said:

During the Attawapiskat 'crisis', there was footage inside the 'homes'. You could see the staples under the rafters where ceiling tile had been. I imagine they had been burned for heat. How hard can it be to cut wood (I know it's not great firewood up there) if you know you need it.

Also, a water treatment has to properly operated & maintained. I think it was the Kashechewan water crisis that when the story of bad water hit the media, the Band said that the water treatment plant had been broken for months, but nothing had been done. You would think fixing the plant would be priority.

They had the plans and funding for a new water treatment plant back in the mid 90's, long before the troubles with the water.  But you won't hear that from the media.

19 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

what has that got to do with fresh water :dunno:  seems like a simple thing to ask for 

dumb as a stump... I already agreed they should have fresh running water

You deflect to suit your agenda as usual. The dialogue was about why they choose to stay there and not leave for a "better" life elsewhere. The post was about the financial support they get from the feds while on the reserve

I can only assume that as usual you forgot about the post you made regarding them moving and trying to survive on welfare in the first 30 seconds after posting.

They are already on welfare from the feds rather than the province.

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

Not the first time they have been provided brand new housing on a reserve and destroyed it inside in a very short time. Anything that is burnable gets ripped down and burnt rather than go out and get firewood. Some of this has occurred where firewood was plentiful if you wanted to cut and split it. That would require work though.

• Like 1

Back on topic.

I think there is a disconnect between Doodoo bird and reality.

“The goal of meeting these influential people is to make money for the middle class,” the Prime Minister’s Office told The Canadian Press.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/justin-trudeau-to-push-middle-class-interests-as-he-heads-to-davos

They had this moving statement on the news this morning:

https://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2018/01/22/statement-prime-minister-second-anniversary-shootings-la-loche-saskatchewan

What does it accomplish?

“On behalf of the Government of Canada, Sophie and I ask all Canadians to reflect on this solemn anniversary, and to remember all those whose lives were forever changed that day. To the whole La Loche community, please know that you are in our thoughts, and continue to have our unwavering support.”

Will there be a call for a National Day of Remembrance on Jan' 22nd? 

No mention of diversity is our strength though.

Edited by revrnd

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Back on topic.

I think there is a disconnect between Doodoo bird and reality.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/justin-trudeau-to-push-middle-class-interests-as-he-heads-to-davos

“If a company announces it is going to open a factory or head office in Canada, that means job opportunities for middle-class Canadians.”

Trudeau is expected to take the opportunity presented by the forum to highlight the themes of this year’s G7 meeting set to take place in Quebec. Those themes include gender equality, the changing job landscape and clean energy.

I'm pretty sure the cost of doing business & closeness to their target market are higher up the decision process than the items in bold. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/3978318/justin-trudeau-world-economic-forum-preview/

The Window Washer is going too:

Status of Women Minister Maryam Monsef is also travelling with Trudeau to Davos. On Tuesday, she’ll participate in a panel discussion on gender, power and stemming sexual harassment, one of several panel discussions during the week addressing gender issues. Trudeau himself will participate in one of those when, on Wednesday, he joins Malala Yousafzai and two other women to discuss ways to ensure equal access to education for girls and boys. 

Has Sock Boy ever missed a conference involving women? The late night talk show guys used to say the same thing about Slick Willy, but I think they were implying something else in that line of thinking.

• Like 1

And another trip:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/01/22/trudeau-to-travel-to-india-for-state-visit.html

Some comments on 1 of the news shows last week about his travel. One of them was that he sees him self as a jetting setting celebrity. And how does that help the middle class?

kevin-spacey-bono-and-justin-trudeau.jpg 

Spacey is more or less persona non grata now & Bono also faces criticism when he's lobbying for more money. People are prone to say, "Put up some of your own money!"

More anti-Canadian talk:

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/andrew-coyne-an-attractive-place-to-invest-are-you-serious-prime-minister

The prime minister can bend famous ears in Davos, but what do investors, foreign or domestic, see when they look at Canada? They see, first of all, a foreign trade situation that is rapidly deteriorating: not only NAFTA, where negotiations, after months of mutual antagonism, are in serious jeopardy of collapse, but the bungling of the Trans Pacific Partnership and China initiatives, with  collateral damage to relations with Japan.

I wonder if Coyne dare say any of this when he appears on the CBC?

I heard on radio yesterday how Trudope's gender equality rhetoric being rammed into trade and economic discussions is now becoming very annoying to other world and business leaders. Apparently those other world leaders are about fed up with the shiny pony who is rapidly becoming tarnished from this are fed up with him trying to dictate their internal policy under the BS guise of a trade agreement. China already told him essentially that.

As for the business leaders, they want to talk business and haven't any interest in hearing his political rhetoric on politically correct stances.

It was suggested that one of the business leaders in particular would likely shut down any conversation and walk out of the room if Trudope started to push his rhetoric on inclusiveness, gender equality and reproductive rights as part of a business discussion.

26 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I heard on radio yesterday how Trudope's gender equality rhetoric being rammed into trade and economic discussions is now becoming very annoying to other world and business leaders. Apparently those other world leaders are about fed up with the shiny pony who is rapidly becoming tarnished from this are fed up with him trying to dictate their internal policy under the BS guise of a trade agreement. China already told him essentially that.

As for the business leaders, they want to talk business and haven't any interest in hearing his political rhetoric on politically correct stances.

It was suggested that one of the business leaders in particular would likely shut down any conversation and walk out of the room if Trudope started to push his rhetoric on inclusiveness, gender equality and reproductive rights as part of a business discussion.

Not part of the TPP package about to be signed?

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not part of the TPP package about to be signed?

Well it sounded like a revamped version would be signed next week. Sounds like pretty short notice for an agreement JT wasn't initially pleased w/.

Edited by revrnd

It's becoming increasingly clear that Trudopes' stubbornness that NAFTA MUST include Mexico or no deal may mean exactly that, NO DEAL when Trump says enough. It has been reported the Americans are losing patience.

U.S. officials have a stern message for their Canadian and Mexican counterparts on the eve of the most important round of Nafta talks yet: They’re losing patience with the resistance to their proposals to rework the trade accord.

The comments are the latest in a flurry of pronouncements -- made both in public and in private -- that have come out from all three sides in recent days as they seek to drive negotiations for a new North American Free Trade Agreement in their favor.

From U.S. officials, the message has consistently been that the country will withdraw from Nafta if there’s no breakthrough on proposals from the Trump administration that are intended to rebalance trade. Canada and Mexico say some of the American ideas would hurt all three nations. The U.S. wants to see serious counteroffers to its demands, such as tightening content requirements for cars, during the round that starts on Sunday, according to two people familiar with the talks who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Apparently Canada and the US have some challenges however they are not that far apart. The bigger challenge is the relationship between the US and Mexico where they are much further apart in their positions. Trudope stubbornly refuses to have a Canada US agreement, which is what NAFTA originally was. Mexico can always be added later.

He is also trying to cram his gender equality and aboriginal rights into the TRADE agreement.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Americans will back Trump if Nafta falls apart as most do not support it.

lol yeah except the ones the depend on the deal

Most American's are not that bright and support huge tax breaks for the rich as a win for the small guy.  Trump told them so

I hope a deal is struck and I am sure it will be,  there isn't a rush on this and a bipartisan deal should be done by 2019

Edited by 1trailmaker

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

lol yeah except the ones the depend on the deal

Most American's are not that bright and support huge tax breaks for the rich as a win for the small guy.  Trump told them so

I hope a deal is struck and I am sure it will be,  there isn't a rush on this and a bipartisan deal should be done by 2019

Almost 50% of Americans support the tax reform.

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

yup they will believe the trickle down theory again and again 

AC when the debt and deficit numbers come in next year what are you going to say :dunno: 

They are expected to drive the global, not just the US economy.  How were the previous administration's deficits?

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/23/news/economy/ceos-love-us-trump-tax-cut-davos/index.html

16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Told you it would be signed, while you just want Trudeau and Canada to cave.  

NAFTA is next

Trudeau speaking on News now from WEF without ah dah dah ah ah dah 

What changed that was significant?

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They are expected to drive the global, not just the US economy.  How were the previous administration's deficits?

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/23/news/economy/ceos-love-us-trump-tax-cut-davos/index.html

I believe cut in half 

I have no doubt the big corps are loving Donny, he promised them billions of dollars and delivered.    still not a cheap as our taxes but whatever is good for the 1% is good for the world.   been hearing this for decades