Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

13 hours ago, revrnd said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-pikangikum-nan-first-visit-1.4495347

I wonder if anything will have improved at this location come Oct' 2020?

I just have to ask the question... why do they continue to live there under such conditions in the middle of nowhere? Yes they are on a reserve where they get federal cash. Surely they don't have much in the way of jobs to actually earn a living. How many are actually employed?

Something says, leave, get a job and lead a much better life rather than sit around drinking all day waiting for the next government cheque.

Then there is the electricity issue. Trudope says

To that end, the federal Indigenous-Crown Relations Minister, Carolyn Bennett, recently committed some $60 million to finally connect the community to Ontario's power grid. To this point, the community has relied on diesel generators for electricity, an expensive, unreliable and environmentally unfriendly source of power.

Wait until they see the Delivery Charge alone from Wynnebags' hydro system. It's high in cottage country allegedly because of the actual high cost of delivering the power to the sparsely populated area. Just imagine what it would be way out there for the small number of users. Or will they get preferential rates perhaps lower than anyone else in the province?

They have a nice new school to go to. What do they do with that high school education when there aren't any jobs to be had? It would seem few if any are leaving to find jobs or attend college/university after graduation. If they were leaving the population of band members wouldn't have nearly doubled from 1,800 in 2005 to 3,100 currently. It seems they are simply sticking around, doing little or nothing other than perpetuating the cycle of drinking and reproducing.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems pretty obvious.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

IMG_3387.JPG

Oh so true... Etobicoke Guardian has an article about the woes of the highest concentration of Somali immigrants in the city in the Kingsview area (Kipling & Dixon). The woman blames the "youth" turning to drugs, guns and crime because they don't have a community centre with activities to keep them out of trouble.

Hmmm..... I grew up in that area in the 60's and 70's. We didn't have a community centre back then either. Not one of the people I grew up with turned to drugs, guns and crime because we didn't have that community centre to play basketball in.

There are 6 condos on the north side of Dixon that were built in what was an empty field when I went to grade school.Those condos "were" a nice community when first opened.

It changed rapidly and dramatically for the worse when the demographics changed. They brought their "culture" behaviours and beliefs from the country they left and continued them here.

43 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I just have to ask the question... why do they continue to live there under such conditions in the middle of nowhere? Yes they are on a reserve where they get federal cash. Surely they don't have much in the way of jobs to actually earn a living. How many are actually employed?

Something says, leave, get a job and lead a much better life rather than sit around drinking all day waiting for the next government cheque.

Then there is the electricity issue. Trudope says

To that end, the federal Indigenous-Crown Relations Minister, Carolyn Bennett, recently committed some $60 million to finally connect the community to Ontario's power grid. To this point, the community has relied on diesel generators for electricity, an expensive, unreliable and environmentally unfriendly source of power.

Wait until they see the Delivery Charge alone from Wynnebags' hydro system. It's high in cottage country allegedly because of the actual high cost of delivering the power to the sparsely populated area. Just imagine what it would be way out there for the small number of users. Or will they get preferential rates perhaps lower than anyone else in the province?

They have a nice new school to go to. What do they do with that high school education when there aren't any jobs to be had? It would seem few if any are leaving to find jobs or attend college/university after graduation. If they were leaving the population of band members wouldn't have nearly doubled from 1,800 in 2005 to 3,100 currently. It seems they are simply sticking around, doing little or nothing other than perpetuating the cycle of drinking and reproducing.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems pretty obvious.

in your simple little life, should we just round up these people and move them (again)?  Which area in Etobicoke can they be settled in? 

You are an Immigrant trying to solve real Canadian's problems :lol:   

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

in your simple little life, should we just round up these people and move them (again)?  Which area in Etobicoke can they be settled in? 

You are an Immigrant trying to solve real Canadian's problems :lol:   

You're idiocy continues to never cease. Where did I say or even suggest we round them up and move them. I didn't did I. That's you imagination in overdrive again or should I say still.

They don't seem to be happy with their life and living conditions. They have the ability to make their own choices / decisions. So I will pose the simple question once again. When they graduate high school why aren't they leaving to either attend college/university or get a job and a better life in a more "civilized" more populous environment with opportunities to do something more than sit around all day everyday. Especially now that Wynnebag is touting free post secondary education for those in financial need. Surely these people would qualify.

Or is it perhaps that despite the hardships of no running water, relying on generators for electricity they prefer sitting around all day doing nothing but still getting that government cheque.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

You're idiocy continues to never cease. Where did I say or even suggest we round them up and move them. I didn't did I. That's you imagination in overdrive again or should I say still.

They don't seem to be happy with their life and living conditions. They have the ability to make their own choices / decisions. So I will pose the simple question once again. When they graduate high school why aren't they leaving to either attend college/university or get a job and a better life in a more "civilized" more populous environment with opportunities to do something more than sit around all day everyday. Especially now that Wynnebag is touting free post secondary education for those in financial need. Surely these people would qualify.

Or is it perhaps that despite the hardships of no running water, relying on generators for electricity they prefer sitting around all day doing nothing but still getting that government cheque.

So you have stated NO JOBS that means NO MONEY - yet you suggest just packing up and leaving for ???? Toronto :dunno:  

so easy from your lawn chair isn't it 

The fact these people don't have clean running water is a fucking shame 

Ask yourself what happens if there isn't any one living in our very remote north :dunno: 

16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

So you have stated NO JOBS that means NO MONEY - yet you suggest just packing up and leaving for ???? Toronto :dunno:  

so easy from your lawn chair isn't it 

The fact these people don't have clean running water is a fucking shame 

Ask yourself what happens if there isn't any one living in our very remote north :dunno: 

Poor poor Fail still doesn't get it. Like I said Wynnebag offers free education now. There isn't really anything to stop them from moving away and living on welfare which wouldn't be any worse than the conditions they are living in now. More opportunities though. Then they would actually have a chance at breaking out of that cycle once they got that education.

Are you really foolish enough to think that it's important to have 3100 people sitting in the middle of nowhere doing nothing but drinking taking drugs and reproducing. Think about it. What are they actually doing for that very remote north.

What do you really see as the benefit to having these people in the very remote north. :dunno:

Again.. they can make their own choices and they choose to stay there. Don't forget the cost of everything there would be so much higher than in a more populous area. If Trudope figures he integrate 25,000 Syrian refugees who arrive here with nothing why can't he integrate 3100 Canadians into a better future in a different location if they want a better life. They would already speak the language and would have that high school education which would give them an advantage over those refugees.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Poor poor Fail still doesn't get it. Like I said Wynnebag offers free education now. There isn't really anything to stop them from moving away and living on welfare which wouldn't be any worse than the conditions they are living in now. More opportunities though. Then they would actually have a chance at breaking out of that cycle once they got that education.

Are you really foolish enough to think that it's important to have 3100 people sitting in the middle of nowhere doing nothing but drinking taking drugs and reproducing. Think about it. What are they actually doing for that very remote north.

What do you really see as the benefit to having these people in the very remote north. :dunno:

Again.. they can make their own choices and they choose to stay there. Don't forget the cost of everything there would be so much higher than in a more populous area. If Trudope figures he integrate 25,000 Syrian refugees who arrive here with nothing why can't he integrate 3100 Canadians into a better future in a different location if they want a better life. They would already speak the language and would have that high school education which would give them an advantage over those refugees.

so your suggestion is to shut down all remote town across Canada? Move them to the city to be on welfare? 

Its not 3100 people is 10's of thousands across Canada 

I think you need to do some reading on these remote places and where some of them are.   

There are people in THE HOOD today living in Toronto, why don't they just move to a good neighbourhood and get out of the crime area :dunno:  its a simple as that :lol:  

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

Oh so true... Etobicoke Guardian has an article about the woes of the highest concentration of Somali immigrants in the city in the Kingsview area (Kipling & Dixon). The woman blames the "youth" turning to drugs, guns and crime because they don't have a community centre with activities to keep them out of trouble.

Hmmm..... I grew up in that area in the 60's and 70's. We didn't have a community centre back then either. Not one of the people I grew up with turned to drugs, guns and crime because we didn't have that community centre to play basketball in.

There are 6 condos on the north side of Dixon that were built in what was an empty field when I went to grade school.Those condos "were" a nice community when first opened.

It changed rapidly and dramatically for the worse when the demographics changed. They brought their "culture" behaviours and beliefs from the country they left and continued them here.

The Somalian community has had a difficult time adjusting to life in Alberta too.

Most of the cohort that I grew up w/ on the weekends got a college education and/or moved away for work.

Had they stuck around the guys wouldve worked @ the local lumber yards & the girls could've waittressed.

22 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so your suggestion is to shut down all remote town across Canada? Move them to the city to be on welfare? 

I think you need to do some reading on these remote places and where some of them are.   

There are people in THE HOOD today living in Toronto, why don't they just move to a good neighbourhood and get out of the crime area :dunno:  its a simple as that :lol:  

With such horrible living conditions should be able to get refugee status into Canada with a personal greet and a Canada Goose from the PM.  Plus a selfie.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

With such horrible living conditions should be able to get refugee status into Canada with a personal greet and a Canada Goose from the PM.  Plus a selfie.

lol they did get lots of selfies 

Keeping warm isn't something they need help with.

I couldn't imagine living in most of these places, horrible 

37 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Pay attention to the bouncing ball Fail... you really need to learn the English language. I said those people make choices. If they choose to stay there so be it. Why though if the living conditions are so horrid do they choose to live there? :nuts2:still spewing your typical :bullshit: from your delusions. Show me where I said shut all the towns or even that one down. I know exactly where some of these remote places are.... I suggest you LEARN TO READ BEFORE MAKING ANY MORE STUPID COMMENTS. We are talking about one place Trudope decided to take his dog and pony show to... not every place across Canada. But of course you manage to screw that concept up as usual.

As for living on welfare... that was in reference to a high school grad from the reserve going elsewhere to get that free post secondary education Wynnebag offers and welfare can take care of the living expenses while they attend school. Surprise lame ass. When they finish college or university they can get a job and leave that life totally behind including welfare. It's all about the choices people make in life.

They are already living on "welfare" Fail... the only difference is which government hands over the money, provincial or federal. .

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Pay attention to the bouncing ball Fail... you really need to learn the English language. I said those people make choices. If they choose to stay there so be it. Why though if the living conditions are so horrid do they choose to live there? :nuts2:still spewing your typical :bullshit: from your delusions. Show me where I said shut all the towns or even that one down. I know exactly where some of these remote places are.... I suggest you LEARN TO READ BEFORE MAKING ANY MORE STUPID COMMENTS. We are talking about one place Trudope decided to take his dog and pony show to... not every place across Canada. But of course you manage to screw that concept up as usual.

As for living on welfare... that was in reference to a high school grad from the reserve going elsewhere to get that free post secondary education Wynnebag offers and welfare can take care of the living expenses while they attend school. Surprise lame ass. When they finish college or university they can get a job and leave that life totally behind including welfare. It's all about the choices people make in life.

They are already living on "welfare" Fail... the only difference is which government hands over the money, provincial or federal. .

so they have chosen to stay :dunno:   fix the water issue?  yes or no 

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so they have chosen to stay :dunno:   fix the water issue?  yes or no 

I never said don't fix the lack of running water did I???? You got your girdle in a knot because I asked why they choose to stay if life is so horrible rather than do something about it.

If you're house didn't have electricity or running water would you move somewhere that did or just stay there and bitch about it.

They are the libturd dream society though... totally dependent on government handouts which is the way the libturds want things to be.... everyone dependent upon their wisdom and generosity.

I notice all the :bullshit: claims of what you allege I said and I challenged you to show me never happened. That's because you keep spewing imagined :bullshit:

Edited by 02sled

Just now, 02sled said:

I never said don't fix the lack of running water did I???? You got your girdle in a knot because I asked why they choose to stay if life is so horrible rather than do something about it.

If you're house didn't have electricity or running water would you move somewhere that did or just stay there and bitch about it.

They are the libturd dream society though... totally dependent on government handouts which is the way the libturds want things to be.... everyone dependent upon their wisdom and generosity.

so you are comparing a single family house to 10's of thousands of Canadian in small towns without water? 

If Hearst became Flint Michigan should they all just move or do you think something should be done to fix - oh wait its whining 

It doesn’t matter what we do or spend on the reserves until the people living there make changes on the reserve and take pride in their homes.  In the one article they showed an abandon house on a reserve with a housing shortages. 

Fix it up.  Do the repairs.  And don’t destroy it in first place.

As for water issue, Trudope promising all reserves will have water by end on 2021 or 2022 is a joke.

He can’t even get his missing women’s enquiry completed in that time.

Water treatment plants require planning and money.  Not hugs. 

How can a engineering firm design, have it approved to meet environmental specs, tender, schedule and carry out the work in 3 or 4 years?

Its a year to get environmental approvals.

A year to plan construction of treatment plants. Even upgrades.  Forget building in Arctic conditions. 

Then replacing and chlorinating water lines also.

Its a 2025 goal for sure  

But us hey anything we can say to get a Liberal politician elected is okay.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you are comparing a single family house to 10's of thousands of Canadian in small towns without water? 

If Hearst became Flint Michigan should they all just move or do you think something should be done to fix - oh wait its whining 

summing you up really easy :nuts2:  Of course the government should be totally responsible for fixing everything (giving them solutions for) everything in their life that sucks.

Health Canada spent almost $1.1 billion on supplementary benefits such as dental care for eligible First Nations and Inuit Canadians in 2013/14. That coverage is not required by treaties or by the Constitution. Most other Canadians must spend out-of-pocket or buy insurance for such items.

National on-reserve funding per student in the 2010/11 school year amounted to $13,524, compared to $11,646 per student, on average, in provincial public schools across Canada.

Data gleaned from federal archives and Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada show that spending per registered First Nations person jumped to $9,056 per person in 2012.

Family of 4 would get $36,000 in 2012 not including the educational allotment or the medical and dental care.

8 minutes ago, Sksman said:

It doesn’t matter what we do or spend on the reserves until the people living there make changes on the reserve and take pride in their homes.  In the one article they showed an abandon house on a reserve with a housing shortages. 

Fix it up.  Do the repairs.  And don’t destroy it in first place.

As for water issue, Trudope promising all reserves will have water by end on 2021 or 2022 is a joke.

He can’t even get his missing women’s enquiry completed in that time.

Water treatment plants require planning and money.  Not hugs. 

How can a engineering firm design, have it approved to meet environmental specs, tender, schedule and carry out the work in 3 or 4 years?

Its a year to get environmental approvals.

A year to plan construction of treatment plants. Even upgrades.  Forget building in Arctic conditions. 

Then replacing and chlorinating water lines also.

Its a 2025 goal for sure  

But us hey anything we can say to get a Liberal politician elected is okay.

Kind of like Trudope making his stupid statement about 25,000 refugees by the end of the year without any thought or plan as to how to accomplish it. One year after their arrival over half of the adult refugees were still unemployed and now living on welfare paid by the provincial governments.

5 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

02sled says its as easy as moving to a big city, oh wait 

Any idea what the economy of Somalia is like? How easy is it for a person from a sub-Saharan country to integrate into a western country?

Edited by revrnd

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

Any idea what the economy of Somalia is like? How easy is it for a person from a sub-Saharan country to integrate into a western country?

Somalian's just like the Chinese, Italians. Polish etals  tend to  live within the same neighbourhood 

The big city is different 

7 hours ago, 02sled said:

summing you up really easy :nuts2:  Of course the government should be totally responsible for fixing everything (giving them solutions for) everything in their life that sucks.

Health Canada spent almost $1.1 billion on supplementary benefits such as dental care for eligible First Nations and Inuit Canadians in 2013/14. That coverage is not required by treaties or by the Constitution. Most other Canadians must spend out-of-pocket or buy insurance for such items.

National on-reserve funding per student in the 2010/11 school year amounted to $13,524, compared to $11,646 per student, on average, in provincial public schools across Canada.

Data gleaned from federal archives and Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada show that spending per registered First Nations person jumped to $9,056 per person in 2012.

Family of 4 would get $36,000 in 2012 not including the educational allotment or the medical and dental care.

what has that got to do with fresh water :dunno:  seems like a simple thing to ask for