Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Exactly 

My buddy owns a variety store, he has no employees just him and his wife.  This increase affects him ZERO and this plays out the same for so many in Ontario.

a good percent of all companies have no employees or maybe one

others have more

Another owns 5 breakfast restaurants (stacks)  although he has several employees he says its not going to be an issue where he has to pack it in.

My buddies Foodland is hurting anyway due to Zerhs and sobeys being so close to his small town store, but he will be open for business and has HIRING in his store window 

Yea even us government employees have friends outside the bubble 

Do you talk to your private sector buddies like you do in here?:lol:

I got lots (well some) friends who work in government as well. :lol:

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I got lots (well some) friends who work in government as well:lol:

I know one who left private sector as a Director Application Development and went to work for one of the provincial ministries. He went to his boss and said "You know I can do much more than I am" His peers gave him shit for trying to ruin a good thing. He left in under a year and went back to the private sector. He was bored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I got lots (well some) friends who work in government as well. :lol:

sure I am pro business - just don't like whining 

I rarely talk about work or business when it comes down to it.   Many I have known for years I have no clue what they do for a living and don't care.  

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

I know one who left private sector as a Director Application Development and went to work for one of the provincial ministries. He went to his boss and said "You know I can do much more than I am" His peers gave him shit for trying to ruin a good thing. He left in under a year and went back to the private sector. He was bored.

and it never ends with oldlongwind stories 

This story is a outright lie :lmao:  

11 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Unfortunatley Failmaker is the type of person who would vote for and got Rachel Notley elected in Alberta. 

I vote for the best of the election IMO that is why I voted for Harper twice and even Mike Harris 

Depending on what Brown comes up with its looking like he will get my vote this year,  unless he pulls a Hudak 

you are the ONEWAY not me, I am not even close to one 

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

and it never ends with oldlongwind stories 

This story is a outright lie :lmao:  

I'm not the one who hallucinates regularly Fail... that is your realm. It's simple fact he was bored in the government ministry and not challenged. Bottom line... Public sector productivity is lower than private sector in a job for job comparison.

So... let's just make sure we understand your constant denials of reality... a few weeks ago a Collingwood daycare closed the doors even though there is a shortage of daycare in town. The owner cited the financial impact of the pending wage increase as one of the key reasons to close the doors. I believe it was something like 20 years they had been in business. The bike shop owner who sees an extra $30,000 in labour cost for the coming year says he will have to cut his number of seasonal employees by about 1/2. The restaurant owner increases his menu prices by 9.5% due to the minimum wage. Loblaws will see their costs rise by $190M. Walmart earns $6,400 dollars in profit for each of the company's 2.3 million employees—a profit that could be wiped out with a $15 minimum wage. In Ontario 32.1% of employers have between 5 and 19 employees.

None of that according to you is relevant. Just what do you consider relevant Fail. Is there anything that is relevant to you.... ever.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

I'm not the one who hallucinates regularly Fail... that is your realm. It's simple fact he was bored in the government ministry and not challenged. Bottom line... Public sector productivity is lower than private sector in a job for job comparison.

So... let's just make sure we understand your constant denials of reality... a few weeks ago a Collingwood daycare closed the doors even though there is a shortage of daycare in town. The owner cited the financial impact of the pending wage increase as one of the key reasons to close the doors. I believe it was something like 20 years they had been in business. The bike shop owner who sees an extra $30,000 in labour cost for the coming year says he will have to cut his number of seasonal employees by about 1/2. The restaurant owner increases his menu prices by 9.5% due to the minimum wage. Loblaws will see their costs rise by $190M. Walmart earns $6,400 dollars in profit for each of the company's 2.3 million employees—a profit that could be wiped out with a $15 minimum wage. In Ontario 32.1% of employers have between 5 and 19 employees.

None of that according to you is relevant. Just what do you consider relevant Fail. Is there anything that is relevant to you.... ever.

Every business has this same scenario, most will continue to make money and a living while very few others will fold and blame minimum wages.   

And YES we all know private sector has all good workers that perform top notch work day in and out.  And not one single government worker puts in a days work ever.

yup sounds good

9 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Never liked or trusted this guy, jail time coming maybe 1 year depending.

not sure what Trudeau has to do with this but I am sure you guys will come up with something 

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

not sure what Trudeau has to do with this but I am sure you guys will come up with something 

Shut up Trail. Don't be stupid.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Should be worth 40 mil.

My guess is Butts is kicking someone's ass as we speak.

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Something has seemed off about the whole thing.

What person in their right mind would want to go trekking in Afghanistan? 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/10/14/what-were-caitlan-coleman-and-joshua-boyle-doing-afghanistan/764516001/

"They really and truly believed that if people were loved and treated with respect that that would be given back to them in kind," said Linda Boyle, Boyle's mother.

"So as odd it as it may seem to us that they were there, they truly believed with all their heart that if they treated people properly, they would be treated properly." 

Has anyone noticed his speech patterns? To my ear he sounds like the stereotypical Amish or Quaker. He doesn't sound like any Canadians that I've met.

A long, but interesting read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/6pn3pb/joshua_boyle_and_caitlan_coleman_a_young_naive/

Edited by revrnd

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/joshua-boyle-facing-multiple-charges-including-assault-confinement-1.3742751

1:12 (the reporter's words, not ours)

Edited by revrnd

14 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Every business has this same scenario, most will continue to make money and a living while very few others will fold and blame minimum wages.   

And YES we all know private sector has all good workers that perform top notch work day in and out.  And not one single government worker puts in a days work ever.

yup sounds good

Just this year.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bank-of-canada-minimum-wage-1.4469912

Milk it while you can.

Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan has racked up more than $670,000 in costs flying on government jets

Sajjan took 20 trips on jets operated by the defence department he oversees between January, 2016, and May, 2017. That's far more than than his cabinet colleagues; the foreign affairs post also requires a lot of travel, but former minister Stéphane Dion requisitioned a government aircraft only once, and current Minister Chrystia Freeland didn't requisition one in that period. While Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is required to fly on government planes for security reasons, ministers are free to take commercial flights. Records show Sajjan flew on a government aircraft to the Washington area three times, at a cost of roughly $9,500 for a round-trip flight from Ottawa despite regularly available commercial flights. In another instance, Sajjan decided to fly from Ottawa to the Trenton, Ont., military base at a cost of $6,358 instead of using a government limo for the 2 1/2-hour drive.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/morning-update-newsletter-freed-captive-facing-criminal-charges-sajjan-racking-up-large-flight-costs/article37477711/

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Milk it while you can.

Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan has racked up more than $670,000 in costs flying on government jets

Sajjan took 20 trips on jets operated by the defence department he oversees between January, 2016, and May, 2017. That's far more than than his cabinet colleagues; the foreign affairs post also requires a lot of travel, but former minister Stéphane Dion requisitioned a government aircraft only once, and current Minister Chrystia Freeland didn't requisition one in that period. While Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is required to fly on government planes for security reasons, ministers are free to take commercial flights. Records show Sajjan flew on a government aircraft to the Washington area three times, at a cost of roughly $9,500 for a round-trip flight from Ottawa despite regularly available commercial flights. In another instance, Sajjan decided to fly from Ottawa to the Trenton, Ont., military base at a cost of $6,358 instead of using a government limo for the 2 1/2-hour drive.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/morning-update-newsletter-freed-captive-facing-criminal-charges-sajjan-racking-up-large-flight-costs/article37477711/

Hes a baller!!!