Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

38 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

tough business to be in, Chains rule this just like most businesses 

I am going to bet your favorite place will still be open next week.

Its up for sale.  Fairly busy place at least more so than the others around.  All can be had for under $200K, I'm sure they have zero problem with a $50K increase to their bottom line.

https://www.realtor.ca/Commercial/Business/18702994/345-MILLWAY-AVE-Vaughan-Ontario-L4K4T3-Concord

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Typical Fail with a total lack of concept of what the real world is like. Sorry Fail... you have proven time and time again you can't add further than your fingers and toes allow.  :nuts2:Only a total idiot would think $50K is nothing to a small business owner. I guarantee there will be a lot of small business owners where $50K is pretty close to their personal annual income. You really need to be tested Fail... you're not firing on all cylinders.

if a business is making 50k yearly as their profits, they don't have 8 employees like you example said.  

Tell me 02sled what percent of the TILL will this be?   Do you think wal-mart will survive this increase?  

31 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

since you too can add,  now can you tell me the average yearly TILL this place has?  what percent of the till is 50k.

You seem to know all about  it like 02sled does, so I ask you for the answer 

What do you think an average restaurant needs to bring into the till to net $50K? 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Its up for sale.  Fairly busy place at least more so than the others around.  All can be had for under $200K, I'm sure they have zero problem with a $50K increase to their bottom line.

https://www.realtor.ca/Commercial/Business/18702994/345-MILLWAY-AVE-Vaughan-Ontario-L4K4T3-Concord

I have a few friends by you that posted this restaurant closing,  although it had nothing to do with wage increases the time is perfect.  

Oh well one less place to have a HIT happen :lol:  

34 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

by LAW you must accept the lowest bid - end of story 

I suggest you stop working with governments, since you can't stand all workers or anything to do with them.  

Dumb as a stump Fail strikes again. WRONG... for a commodity like a piece of hardware sure but when you are comparing a service with countless variable components where some are bundled together with service provider A and not with B you are not getting a commodity. There isn't an apple to apple comparison. I know for a fact that we have both Federal and Provincial government customers where we were NOT the lowest price but were the best value in their judgement. Going into their offices to do presentations you pass and recognize your competition and you know what their facilities are like. So many differences. Even physical security is a key consideration. We had to be inspected by both the Federal and Provincial data security assessor before they would even go further. Everyone on site had to be cleared under the Canada Secrets Act for Top Secret Level as well. No two RFI, RFP, RFQ documents for these types of services will be the same from two separate companies, ever.

I suggest you look outside of your bubble and realize what the real world is like.

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I have a few friends by you that posted this restaurant closing,  although it had nothing to do with wage increases the time is perfect.  

Oh well one less place to have a HIT happen :lol:  

I don't know why its closing but it went up fairly recent, the other is also up for sale.  Typically about 6 people staffed to run them, they are not rolling in it, that is for sure.

It will still be familia.:lol:

Edited by ArcticCrusher

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Dumb as a stump Fail strikes again. WRONG... for a commodity like a piece of hardware sure but when you are comparing a service with countless variable components where some are bundled together with service provider A and not with B you are not getting a commodity. There isn't an apple to apple comparison. I know for a fact that we have both Federal and Provincial government customers where we were NOT the lowest price but were the best value in their judgement. Going into their offices to do presentations you pass and recognize your competition and you know what their facilities are like. So many differences. Even physical security is a key consideration. We had to be inspected by both the Federal and Provincial data security assessor before they would even go further. Everyone on site had to be cleared under the Canada Secrets Act for Top Secret Level as well. No two RFI, RFP, RFQ documents for these types of services will be the same from two separate companies, ever.

I suggest you look outside of your bubble and realize what the real world is like.

so now you are claiming to give DATA SECURITY for CANADA :lol:  

too funny 

Hey if you think governments can take the highest offer, good for you, you are wrong but good for you anyway 

pat pat pat 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't know why its closing but it went up fairly recent, the other is also up for sale.  Typically about 6 people staffed to run them, they are not rolling in it, that is for sure.

sometimes its just time to sell off an take your cash.   

Similar to bars, where they run for 5 years then sell and its opened again under a different name.  Happens all the time 

I am going to bet we survive, and more important people might have more money to buy shit with 

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

sometimes its just time to sell off an take your cash.   

Similar to bars, where they run for 5 years then sell and its opened again under a different name.  Happens all the time 

I am going to bet we survive, and more important people might have more money to buy shit with 

:lol:

33 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you dn't really know do you? 

Just like 02sled talking a big story daily 

Either way prood will be coming soon whether this puts businesses our of business or not - I think the doom and gloom is overrated like your posts are

Fail you seem to think small business owners are just rolling in money.... STILL WRONG AGAIN FAIL STRIKES.... DO YOU EVER GET TIRED OF BEING WRONG.

https://www.cfib-fcei.ca/en/media/canadas-small-business-owners-are-four-times-more-likely-be-low-income-rich-sk

Data from Statistics Canada show that two-thirds of Canadian small business owners are earning less than $73,000, and employers earning less than $40,000 outnumber those earning more than $250,000 by four to one. The findings refute the notion that a large percentage of small business owners are the wealthy using small businesses to dodge taxes, and make the case to reinstate the promised small businesses tax rate reduction eliminated in March’s federal budget.

“The notion that most small business owners are rich, or part of the ‘one per cent’, is pure fiction,” said CFIB president Dan Kelly. “The simple truth is Canada’s small business owners are overwhelmingly middle class. They are your mechanic, accountant, hair dresser and landscaper, just trying to earn a living doing something they love.”

The profile also shows that small business owners are much more likely to work longer hours than employees. More than 40 per cent of small business owners work 50-plus hours a week. Only six per cent of employees are in the same category.

“Part of the reason small business owners don’t take home huge salaries or dividends is because they reinvest any profits back into their business and their employees through training programs, salary increases, new hires, or equipment purchases. Having a low small business tax rate helps them to do just that,” added Ted Mallett, CFIB chief economist. “It helps them grow and keep Canada’s economic engine running.”

So those two thirds of small business owners earning less than $73K a year and those earning less than $40K a year can just miraculously find an EXTRA $50K a year to cover the increased costs. Just ask Fail... he says so.

38 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  I bet the service rarely meets your high standards of what a person making less than minimum wage should be.  

I am sticking with you and 02lsed tipping nothing 

Always give 15% for average service, never lower than 10% for mediocre service and has been as high as 25% for outstanding service. So WRONG AGAIN FAIL STRIKES AGAIN. Just last Friday we went to dinner with a couple of friends and had OUTSTANDING SERVICE. Dinner for my wife and I was $122 with tax. Tip was 25%

I doubt you ever eat out other than McDonalds since you can't just pay cash and avoid the HST.

21 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

if a business is making 50k yearly as their profits, they don't have 8 employees like you example said.  

Tell me 02sled what percent of the TILL will this be?   Do you think wal-mart will survive this increase?  

More stupidity from the village idiot... Walmart isn't a small business.

The minimum wage will increase labour costs to Loblaws by $190M

http://torontosun.com/2017/07/26/loblaw-says-minimum-wage-hike-will-hurt-profits/wcm/5830a87e-3e9f-41ac-bfa0-83460ac9f626

Walmart will face significant challenges though

in a recent commentary, generating "$482 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2016." Here, the writer falsely equates revenue (the money a company takes in before subtracting expenses) and profit (how much a company makes after it pays its costs). It's a common tactic used to shock readers and inflate the perception of a company's finances.

Wal-Mart's actual profit, according to SEC filings, was only 3 percent of its total revenue. That works out to roughly $6,400 dollars in profit for each of the company's 2.3 million employees—a profit that could be wiped out with a $15 minimum wage.

Fail is just so out of touch with reality.

13 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Fail you seem to think small business owners are just rolling in money.... STILL WRONG AGAIN FAIL STRIKES.... DO YOU EVER GET TIRED OF BEING WRONG.

https://www.cfib-fcei.ca/en/media/canadas-small-business-owners-are-four-times-more-likely-be-low-income-rich-sk

Data from Statistics Canada show that two-thirds of Canadian small business owners are earning less than $73,000, and employers earning less than $40,000 outnumber those earning more than $250,000 by four to one. The findings refute the notion that a large percentage of small business owners are the wealthy using small businesses to dodge taxes, and make the case to reinstate the promised small businesses tax rate reduction eliminated in March’s federal budget.

“The notion that most small business owners are rich, or part of the ‘one per cent’, is pure fiction,” said CFIB president Dan Kelly. “The simple truth is Canada’s small business owners are overwhelmingly middle class. They are your mechanic, accountant, hair dresser and landscaper, just trying to earn a living doing something they love.”

The profile also shows that small business owners are much more likely to work longer hours than employees. More than 40 per cent of small business owners work 50-plus hours a week. Only six per cent of employees are in the same category.

“Part of the reason small business owners don’t take home huge salaries or dividends is because they reinvest any profits back into their business and their employees through training programs, salary increases, new hires, or equipment purchases. Having a low small business tax rate helps them to do just that,” added Ted Mallett, CFIB chief economist. “It helps them grow and keep Canada’s economic engine running.”

So those two thirds of small business owners earning less than $73K a year and those earning less than $40K a year can just miraculously find an EXTRA $50K a year to cover the increased costs. Just ask Fail... he says so.

most small businesses are 1 guy maybe 2.  Your example was an 8 employee business costing 50k - how much TILL do they take in?

carpet cleaning

I know so many business owners just like most people do.  

grass cutters

Let me know when 1000's are going out of business due to 14$ an hour - posting about the bicycle shop guy isn't supporting your argument of total doom and gloom

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

More stupidity from the village idiot... Walmart isn't a small business.

The minimum wage will increase labour costs to Loblaws by $190M

http://torontosun.com/2017/07/26/loblaw-says-minimum-wage-hike-will-hurt-profits/wcm/5830a87e-3e9f-41ac-bfa0-83460ac9f626

Walmart will face significant challenges though

in a recent commentary, generating "$482 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2016." Here, the writer falsely equates revenue (the money a company takes in before subtracting expenses) and profit (how much a company makes after it pays its costs). It's a common tactic used to shock readers and inflate the perception of a company's finances.

Wal-Mart's actual profit, according to SEC filings, was only 3 percent of its total revenue. That works out to roughly $6,400 dollars in profit for each of the company's 2.3 million employees—a profit that could be wiped out with a $15 minimum wage.

Fail is just so out of touch with reality.

oh no, will there still be any grocery stores this summer :dunno:  

29 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so now you are claiming to give DATA SECURITY for CANADA :lol:  

too funny 

Hey if you think governments can take the highest offer, good for you, you are wrong but good for you anyway 

pat pat pat 

STUPIDITY HOPEFULLY DOESN'T RUN IN YOUR FAMILY. YOU'RE THE POSTER CHILD FOR STUPID. I said we had to be screened and cleared under the Canada Secrets Act. There are multiple levels. We had to have TOP SECURITY CLEARANCE FOR EVERYONE ON SITE AND THE SITE HAD TO BE CHECKED FOR PHYSICAL SECURITY MEASURES THAT MEET THE FEDERAL STANDARDS.

That is standard practice given that the data on the Federal government servers may be classified as Top Secret.

I will repeat it for your thick as a brick head with your poor comprehension. The lowest price isn't the best value when you are looking at a service where no two are alike.

I will agree they will go with the lowest price for an apple to apple comparison commodity. The province and the federal procurement teams have all said they have a scoring matrix they use with a number of criteria based on importance ranking to assess a service provider. It's not just lowest price.

Go negotiate and buy some more copier paper Fail. OOOPS not all copier paper is the same either. Fibre strand orientation, weight and moisture content are all variables in that commodity where the cheapest isn't necessarily the best value. The cheap stuff will jam much more often and cause down time and waste.

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

most small businesses are 1 guy maybe 2.  Your example was an 8 employee business costing 50k - how much TILL do they take in?

carpet cleaning

grass cutters

Let me know when 1000's are going out of business due to 14$ an hour - posting about the bicycle shop guy isn't supporting your argument of total doom and gloom

One or two guys are the owners.:lol:

16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

carpet cleaning

grass cutters

From Stats Can rather than my imagination like your numbers are.

More than half of Canada's small employer businesses are concentrated in Ontario and Quebec (407,175 and 235,075 respectively).

Employer businesses with 5 to 9 and 10 to 19 employees account for 32.1 percent of employer businesses.  

So 130,703 small businesses in Ontario employ between 5 and 19 employees.

53 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

One or two guys are the owners.:lol:

Exactly 

My buddy owns a variety store, he has no employees just him and his wife.  This increase affects him ZERO and this plays out the same for so many in Ontario.

a good percent of all companies have no employees or maybe one

others have more

Another owns 5 breakfast restaurants (stacks)  although he has several employees he says its not going to be an issue where he has to pack it in.

My buddies Foodland is hurting anyway due to Zerhs and sobeys being so close to his small town store, but he will be open for business and has HIRING in his store window 

Yea even us government employees have friends outside the bubble