Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Being a total idiot sure comes naturally to you doesn't it. Your over active imagination strikes again. Never did I say every store will close. That's your dumb as a stump comment. There was a bike shop owner on the news yesterday. It will cost him $30K a year that he can't just absorb. End result instead of hiring 6 seasonal employees it will be 3 maybe 4. A restaurant owner was going to add a 9.5% surcharge to the bills but instead raised the prices. He couldn't just absorb the extra costs either. I never said lower wages Fail. Your imagination again. I said way too much of an increase at one time. It's nothing more than your other hero Wynnebag trying to buy her job in the upcoming election.

There have been countless studies over the years that have found government employees are less productive than private sector. Just look at Toronto garbage collection as a prime example. Private picks up more per hour per person than public ever did. When the switch went into effect the city union had a hotline set up for people to report problems. They got one call from Olivia Chows mother that her garbage wasn't picked up at the usual time of day.

The fuckers in Vaughan start at 6:30am on my street, about 1/2 hour before they are supposed to.  

13 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Being a total idiot sure comes naturally to you doesn't it. Your over active imagination strikes again. Never did I say every store will close. That's your dumb as a stump comment. There was a bike shop owner on the news yesterday. It will cost him $30K a year that he can't just absorb. End result instead of hiring 6 seasonal employees it will be 3 maybe 4. A restaurant owner was going to add a 9.5% surcharge to the bills but instead raised the prices. He couldn't just absorb the extra costs either. I never said lower wages Fail. Your imagination again. I said way too much of an increase at one time. It's nothing more than your other hero Wynnebag trying to buy her job in the upcoming election.

There have been countless studies over the years that have found government employees are less productive than private sector. Just look at Toronto garbage collection as a prime example. Private picks up more per hour per person than public ever did. When the switch went into effect the city union had a hotline set up for people to report problems. They got one call from Olivia Chows mother that her garbage wasn't picked up at the usual time of day.

funny your costs for garbage never went down, only up.  Seems with the savings of millions that would have been passed on to the tax payer :dunno:  

FAKE NEWS sad

How about post up on the businesses that said it won't bother them?  not in your agenda 

Oh by the way Cliffy I remember you complaining about the raise to 10$ an hour, then complained about going to 11$ an hour.   It never stops with you,   I can't wait for Brown to get elected so you will find Ontario booming and in perfect shape.   I think it will be good for your nerves 

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

funny your costs for garbage never went down, only up.  Seems with the savings of millions that would have been passed on to the tax payer :dunno:  

FAKE NEWS sad

How about post up on the businesses that said it won't bother them?  not in your agenda 

Oh by the way Cliffy I remember you complaining about the raise to 10$ an hour, then complained about going to 11$ an hour.   It never stops with you,   I can't wait for Brown to get elected so you will find Ontario booming and in perfect shape.   I think it will be good for your nerves 

By the way Fail you're full of  :bullshit:     :lies:You're imagination is really in over drive but what else is new. You keep dreaming up things you convince yourself people have said that they didn't. How do you get through a day where none of what is in your head reflects reality.

You STUPIDLY CLAIM THAT THE CITY DIDN'T RECOGNIZE SAVINGS BY CONTRACTING OUT GARBAGE COLLECTION BUT THE CITY SEEMS TO KNOW DIFFERENTLY THAN YOU.

“The city is saving millions of dollars contracting out garbage in the west end of the city. We need to get the same savings and level of service for residents in the rest of Toronto.”

:fullofshit2:

Edited by 02sled

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

By the way Fail you're full of  :bullshit:     :lies:You're imagination is really in over drive but what else is new. You keep dreaming up things you convince yourself people have said that they didn't. How do you get through a day where none of what is in your head reflects reality.

so you are saying you backed the Liberals with this raise to 11$ :dunno:   now that is BS.

You are a typical old person complaining daily, looking out your drawn curtains at the plow guy, or maybe its the tree watering guy.  

How come Brown isn't campaigning on lowering the min wage for 2018 :dunno:   back to 11.40?   

38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

want to bet we see reported job gains for say May will be up?  and in 2 years the same stats about jobs jobs jobs will come out

I have never seen a positive report on raising minimum wages, certainly not from the business community - the goal has always been pay the least possible.  

I will gladly pay 5 cents more for my combo 

from AC's link

The proposed changes are in response to a government-commissioned report released last week that included 173 recommendations addressing precarious work. The Changing Workplaces review concluded that new technology, a shrinking manufacturing sector and fewer union jobs, among other factors, have left approximately one-third of Ontario’s 6.6 million workers vulnerable

who would have guessed :lol: .  AC posting about needing more unions 

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you are saying you backed the Liberals with this raise to 11$ :dunno:   now that is BS.

You are a typical old person complaining daily, looking out your drawn curtains at the plow guy, or maybe its the tree watering guy.  

How come Brown isn't campaigning on lowering the min wage for 2018 :dunno:   back to 11.40?   

Even more STUPIDITY FROM YOU. You really need to be tested. Once the genie is out of the bottle you can't put it back in dumb as a stump. You want to bet it wouldn't jump another $ to $15 though.

Here's some typical government stupidity. One of my customers was a provincial agency. We hosted their hardware in our data centre. By union rules, their servers were delivered to our data centre. They sent in one person to unbox their servers that were delivered to our site. That was his job. He couldn't install the server in a cabinet or anything else. He could only unbox it. We offered to do it for them but that wasn't allowed. We installed the server in the cabinet, cabled, and powered it. They had to send in yet another person to do the initial push of the button to turn it on. We weren't allowed to do that for them, union rules. Once powered up we configured it and set up the network connections then supported everything except the application from that point forward.

How about a massive facility that is unionized. Their IT is contracted out to a 3rd party. The IT contractor needs to travel the building addressing problems, picking up and delivering hardware. They are going to buy a golf cart to expedite that work and ultimately save time and money. Guess what... can't be done. Under union contract they aren't allowed to drive a golf cart. There are specified union people and roles that are allowed to drive a golf cart only.

11 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

want to bet we see reported job gains for say May will be up?  and in 2 years the same stats about jobs jobs jobs will come out

I have never seen a positive report on raising minimum wages, certainly not from the business community - the goal has always been pay the least possible.  

I will gladly pay 5 cents more for my combo 

It might cost you 50 cents.

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

from AC's link

The proposed changes are in response to a government-commissioned report released last week that included 173 recommendations addressing precarious work. The Changing Workplaces review concluded that new technology, a shrinking manufacturing sector and fewer union jobs, among other factors, have left approximately one-third of Ontario’s 6.6 million workers vulnerable

who would have guessed :lol: .  AC posting about needing more unions 

:lol:

That's what you got out of it.

13 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Even more STUPIDITY FROM YOU. You really need to be tested. Once the genie is out of the bottle you can't put it back in dumb as a stump. You want to bet it wouldn't jump another $ to $15 though.

Here's some typical government stupidity. One of my customers was a provincial agency. We hosted their hardware in our data centre. By union rules, their servers were delivered to our data centre. They sent in one person to unbox their servers that were delivered to our site. That was his job. He couldn't install the server in a cabinet or anything else. He could only unbox it. We offered to do it for them but that wasn't allowed. We installed the server in the cabinet, cabled, and powered it. They had to send in yet another person to do the initial push of the button to turn it on. We weren't allowed to do that for them, union rules. Once powered up we configured it and set up the network connections then supported everything except the application from that point forward.

How about a massive facility that is unionized. Their IT is contracted out to a 3rd party. The IT contractor needs to travel the building addressing problems, picking up and delivering hardware. They are going to buy a golf cart to expedite that work and ultimately save time and money. Guess what... can't be done. Under union contract they aren't allowed to drive a golf cart. There are specified union people and roles that are allowed to drive a golf cart only.

How much did you over charge for the contract :dunno:  

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It might cost you 50 cents.

Actually the restaurant in the news yesterday raised his menu prices 9.5% to offset his increased labour costs. I wonder what inflation will be this year. Bank of Canada is expected to raise the prime rate 3 times this year.

17 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

How much did you over charge for the contract :dunno:  

:lol:You will never, no matter how long you live understand the concept of a COMPETITIVE MARKETPLACE will you. It's a totally foreign concept in government. Our rates were competitive within the industry Fail. It they were too high we wouldn't get any business as the customers would go elsewhere. If they were too low we would lose money and not be in business.

Another tough day warming a chair in that government office I see. Lots of time to post here while collecting a pay cheque.  I know when I went back to work after the Christmas / New Year period I would be swamped with work to do. How come you're not... oh that's right.... you don't do much in the first place.

Edited by 02sled

20 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Actually the restaurant in the news yesterday raised his menu prices 9.5% to offset his increased labour costs. I wonder what inflation will be this year. Bank of Canada is expected to raise the prime rate 3 times this year.

5 cents should cover the increases.  Fail will gladly open up his wallet.

14 minutes ago, 02sled said:

:lol:You will never, no matter how long you live understand the concept of a COMPETITIVE MARKETPLACE will you. It's a totally foreign concept in government. Our rates were competitive within the industry Fail. It they were too high we wouldn't get any business as the customers would go elsewhere. If they were too low we would lose money and not be in business.

Another tough day warming a chair in that government office I see. Lots of time to post here while collecting a pay cheque.  I know when I went back to work after the Christmas / New Year period I would be swamped with work to do. How come you're not... oh that's right.... you don't do much in the first place.

complaining never stops

obsession with me never stops

governments are a service 02ool not a business, there isn't profits - there is no competitive market to be in - but you knew that

If you got the tender then you were the lowest bid, chances are just another useless low bidder stealing taxpayers money in the end.  

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

5 cents should cover the increases.  Fail will gladly open up his wallet.

9.5% increase is BS 

a server will be 12.20$ an hour now incrase of 2.10.   The average server will have 6 - 8 tables an hour which would average 20 people eating so the added cost is about 10 Cents a person for a full sit down meal 

Restaurants will be the last business to be killed by this increase, if you are closing the doors most likely your food is shit and no one wants to buy it.  So instead of saying your are a poor business owner, you blame an increase in wages for you lose.    I don't blame them as who wants to admit they blew it 

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

9.5% increase is BS 

a server will be 12.20$ an hour now incrase of 2.10.   The average server will have 6 - 8 tables an hour which would average 20 people eating so the added cost is about 10 Cents a person for a full sit down meal 

Restaurants will be the last business to be killed by this increase, if you are closing the doors most likely your food is shit and no one wants to buy it.  So instead of saying your are a poor business owner, you blame an increase in wages for you lose.    I don't blame them as who wants to admit they blew it 

Come on now, nobody will ever admit they suck.:lol:

Restaurants are hard to make it regardless and most of the lunch diners I eat at do not have servers, they are all working preparing.  Just another nail in the coffin.

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

complaining never stops

obsession with me never stops

governments are a service 02ool not a business, there isn't profits - there is no competitive market to be in - but you knew that

If you got the tender then you were the lowest bid, chances are just another useless low bidder stealing taxpayers money in the end.  

Poor poor Fail... WRONG AGAIN. We were not the lowest price but we were competitive. We knew that going into any offering. It was the value proposition that we offered. It's hilarious that you claim to be a government negotiator. One of those is the resiliency of the supporting infrastructure, like redundant power, cooling and communications. OH HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW. The cost for data centre services is not a flat rate. There are space charges based on the amount of space your hardware occupies. Power was billed based on actual consumption of your hardware. There were separate charges for network communications, install a device, each cable connection had a charge, support per hour charge and so many more itemizations. It's also a matter of value for the $. Lowest price doesn't mean the best value. They had looked at sites that as they said were horrific. Some didn't have a proper cleaning schedule which is embedded into the cost structure. Just more of everything you can't grasp.

They also had hardware in the government of Ontario data centre in Guelph. They hated dealing with that site because of how long it took them to get anything done and the charge backs to their agency were ridiculously high in comparison. If they could have moved all of their systems out of there they would have.

Your right I know there isn't any competition for government Fail. That's why they don't give a damn about how much money they waste or how low productivity is. They need more money they just take it from the taxpayer.

Business needs to care. If they don't they won't be in business.

I wonder why it is so easy for the auditor general to find so many examples of blatant pissing away of money by government year after year if they do the excellent job you claim they do.

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

9.5% increase is BS 

Liberals must be born with 0 sense for business.

19 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

9.5% increase is BS 

:lol:Now you're an expert on the restaurant industry, turn over rates for the tables and how many each server takes care of. You conveniently ignore the costs for the kitchen staff, dishwashers, those who clean the place etc.

Don't forget Fail... something you do a lot of... what about the increase in WSIB, CPP and EI the employer also has to absorb. If the hourly cost goes up 22.8% those costs go up 22.8% as well.

Edited by 02sled

Just now, 02sled said:

:lol:Now you're an expert on the restaurant industry, turn over rates for the tables and how many each server takes care of. You conveniently ignore the costs for the kitchen staff, dishwashers, those who clean the place etc.

Just throw more money around....it will all work itself out. :news:

3 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I find it morally disgusting that Trudeau has not publically addressed Iran. 

Probably thinks Iran is an 80s retro song. That would be too hard when he says he won't revoke Aung Suu Kyi's honorary Canadian citizenship? How much work would that be?

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Who is gonna lend him a backbone?  The Crying Game?

Sophie won't give him his balls back since he threw her under the bus explaining the Aga Khan trip.

2) Revoking Aung San Suu Kyi’s honorary citizenship would be little more than 'symbolic'

Since August, more than 600,000 Rohingya Muslims fled their homes amid violence in Myanmar to seek refuge in Bangladesh, resulting in a humanitarian crisis. The United Nations has called it a case of "textbook ethnic cleansing."

Trudeau said deciding not to revoke Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi’s honorary Canadian citizenship doesn't mean that all is forgiven. Rather, Canada is opting for a more "productive" approach than the "grand symbolic gestures that might make people feel a little better."

He questioned whether revoking her honorary Canadian citizenship would mean anything to a Rohingya family in a Bangladesh refugee camp.

"If Canada is helpful in getting them to return home, or get an education, or feel safe, then that's what they care about and that's what I'm focused on," he said.

I'm surprised he hasn't giddily done it already since it was during Harper's time that she received it.