Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

Truly painful. Is this part of why she believes she should have a salary and a second government paid assistant assigned to her.

The Trudeaus currently have two tax-funded nannies, a personal chef and Grégoire Trudeau does have one personal assistant. However, in an interview with a French newspaper she mentioned how overwhelmed she is feeling, with constant invitations to public speaking.

She told the newspaper she wants to attend all of them, and feels bad declining but just doesn’t have the current resources to handle a heavier workload.

Just talking to a friend of mine who lost his job not long ago. He called asking if I knew anyone looking for a network architect. It seems that in the GTA rather than a year of EI payments like are paid for parental leave the unemployed are only entitled to 35 weeks of EI benefits. He also learned that if he claims CPP next month when he is 60 that will reduce his EI benefits about $85 a week. If he waits until he runs out of EI to claim CPP he doesn't get a reduction.  

He's been employed and paid into the system for 45 years and never collected until now. I guess it's better to be a refugee in Canada than someone who made a contribution to the economy for a lifetime. The refugee gets far more financial aid than the citizen.

Sunny ways.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Truly painful. Is this part of why she believes she should have a salary and a second government paid assistant assigned to her.

The Trudeaus currently have two tax-funded nannies, a personal chef and Grégoire Trudeau does have one personal assistant. However, in an interview with a French newspaper she mentioned how overwhelmed she is feeling, with constant invitations to public speaking.

She told the newspaper she wants to attend all of them, and feels bad declining but just doesn’t have the current resources to handle a heavier workload.

although the house budget didn't change from the Previous PM he sure took a beating in the papers over the Nannies.  But of course you know he only has 1 nanny paid by the house budget and the other new one is paid for by Himself.

Most wives of the PM don't do anything, the Trudeau's made it clear that Gregoire will be doing more stuff similar to the First Lady.  Should she do more things or just do nothing :dunno: that is the question

All in all the cost hasn't changed in decades its only a concern now

47 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Just talking to a friend of mine who lost his job not long ago. He called asking if I knew anyone looking for a network architect. It seems that in the GTA rather than a year of EI payments like are paid for parental leave the unemployed are only entitled to 35 weeks of EI benefits. He also learned that if he claims CPP next month when he is 60 that will reduce his EI benefits about $85 a week. If he waits until he runs out of EI to claim CPP he doesn't get a reduction.  

He's been employed and paid into the system for 45 years and never collected until now. I guess it's better to be a refugee in Canada than someone who made a contribution to the economy for a lifetime. The refugee gets far more financial aid than the citizen.

Sunny ways.

nothing new here, same goes if you are on EI and get a day job , you claim that money and they take some off your EI payment.

Sames goes for pensions under the government, once you start to collect CPP and or OAS your pension is cut in half - fair?  not really but its the way it goes.

by the way the total amount of weeks you can collect depends on the jobless rate where you live,, so living in Toronto you get less weeks then living in Windsor

29 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

although the house budget didn't change from the Previous PM he sure took a beating in the papers over the Nannies.  But of course you know he only has 1 nanny paid by the house budget and the other new one is paid for by Himself.

Most wives of the PM don't do anything, the Trudeau's made it clear that Gregoire will be doing more stuff similar to the First Lady.  Should she do more things or just do nothing :dunno: that is the question

All in all the cost hasn't changed in decades its only a concern now

We know why he took a beating.  It was his stupid statements that he did not need the child tax credit cause he is rich and then gets not just one, but two tax payer nannies.  He only paid the second one after one quit and did not want to get a public backlash again.  Why doesn't he follow in Trump's footsteps and forgo his PM salary?  Blew through his inheritance did he.

As for Sophie, she tips the scale for being useless and I do not know what women looks up to her, certainly not my wife or any career woman who has worked and raised their kids themselves.

Edited by ArcticCrusher
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

nothing new here, same goes if you are on EI and get a day job , you claim that money and they take some off your EI payment.

Sames goes for pensions under the government, once you start to collect CPP and or OAS your pension is cut in half - fair?  not really but its the way it goes.

by the way the total amount of weeks you can collect depends on the jobless rate where you live,, so living in Toronto you get less weeks then living in Windsor

They are supplementing your pension until CPP and OAS kick in.  Most people are not able to retire at 50, is that fair?

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We know why he took a beating.  It was his stupid statements that he did not need the child tax credit cause he is rich and then gets not just one, but two tax payer nannies.  He only paid the second one after one quit and did not want to get a public backlash again.  Why doesn't he follow in Trump's footsteps and forgo his PM salary?  Blew through his inheritance did he.

As for Sophie, she tips the scale for being useless and I do not know what women looks up to her, certainly not my wife or any career woman who has worked and raised their kids themselves.

Probably true

I would take the pay as deserved - I think the feel good thing by not taking it is bullshit.  Any Million/Billionaire can do that...... What is accomplished?  the machine gets to spend it :dunno:  The right thing to do is take it and give it away to some sort of charity or hug a dog thing.

It doesn't impress me at all

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Not really half and it is common with any DB pension plan. It is called bridging. When you retire at 55 or whenever before 65 you have multiple choices to make such as a reduced pension amount and your spouse will collect typically 60% of your pension if you die before her or you collect a greater value that ends upon your death,

Yes if you go out and work part time your EI will be reduced but really there is a significant difference between income from employment and pension income.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They are supplementing your pension until CPP and OAS kick in.  Most people are not able to retire at 50, is that fair?

correct bridge payments.  But among the haters who think a teacher gets 70% pay as pension for life is just wrong.

as for retiring at 50, if you put in 30 years good for you if you haven't then your pension will be shit

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

She got ripped over singing @ an event commemorating MLK, now this torture. Channeling Linda McCartney perhaps? 

Seeing as everyone always defends the Trudumbs' bad behaviour by deflecting to what Harper did, I'll post this:

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/laureen-harper-missed-by-charities

Sophie says she gets ALL of these invitations for public speaking, but does she actually get her hands dirty & do anything?

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

lmao she's a cat lady :lol: 

up to a dozen at a time were kept in a special room on the third floor of 24 Sussex Drive, according to people who visited the official residence.

the horrors using Tax Paid house to venture her kitty fetish :lol: 

Yup we miss her

Just imagine how many more nannies would be required if Sophie took on that charity.

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Top Countries 2016

1. Germany
  2. Canada
  3. United Kingdom
  4. United States of America
  5. Sweden
  6. Australia
  7. Japan
  8. France
  9. Netherlands
  10. Denmark
  11. New Zealand
  12. Austria
  13. Italy
  14. Luxembourg
  15. Singapore
  16. Spain
  17. China
  18. Ireland
  19. South Korea
  20. Brazil
  21. Thailand
  22. India
  23. Portugal
  24. Russia
  25. Israel

Go Trudeau :bong:

Tops for what Fail and according to who... depends on the assessment. Is it quality of life, economic stability, GDP growth, what? I can do all kinds of searches and find all kinds of lists where the rankings are all different depending on what they are looking at and who is doing it. It sure wouldn't be good if we were #2 in debt per capita would it. You need to put it into context and support it.

Overall Truedope sucks. Finally though about a year into the job he actually did something meaningful and worthwhile and got the leaders of the worlds largest investors together to talk about finances. His focus was to get them to invest in infrastructure which however means they would be financing his pet projects and as a result earning a ROI which would ultimately add to our debt and cost us significant amounts of money. The part which is good is that with all the participants whose business is to loan money in the room they would all be competing and he could be sure of getting the most favourable rates possible.

18 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Tops for what Fail and according to who... depends on the assessment. Is it quality of life, economic stability, GDP growth, what? I can do all kinds of searches and find all kinds of lists where the rankings are all different depending on what they are looking at and who is doing it. It sure wouldn't be good if we were #2 in debt per capita would it. You need to put it into context and support it.

Overall Truedope sucks. Finally though about a year into the job he actually did something meaningful and worthwhile and got the leaders of the worlds largest investors together to talk about finances. His focus was to get them to invest in infrastructure which however means they would be financing his pet projects and as a result earning a ROI which would ultimately add to our debt and cost us significant amounts of money. The part which is good is that with all the participants whose business is to loan money in the room they would all be competing and he could be sure of getting the most favourable rates possible.

all of the above and more - lol I don't put anything in to these stupid surveys but its was fun to post :lol:

The list is a joint venture between the WEF, U.S. News, and the University of Pennsylvania.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canada-best-country-in-the-world/

36 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Canada has always ranked high in most lists factoring wealth, quality of life, freedoms etc.  Surprised Germany is ranked so high.  

Don't think the roi's will be great on the infrastructure investments but it's better than the negative return prospects from some government bonds.

I checked the site, looks like a legitimate news source SMH.

"Rihanna spotted in Vancouver filming for Bates Motel (PHOTOS)"

"First flakes fly at Cypress Mountain Resort (PHOTO)"

"Bruno Mars 2017 world tour stops in Montreal"

"Ivanka Trump shoes dropped from Shoes.com"

List was released back in Jan'. I'm surprised we didn't hear about it back then.

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Okay here is the direct link to World Economic Forum - from 8th to 2nd

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/01/the-world-s-best-country-clue-it-s-not-a-nordic-nation/

So you think JT is responsible for that?:lol:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

no that is why I said I don't put anything into this :dunno: 

but you guys and your doom and gloom over Trudeau is funny so I poke the bear

Well after a year of his & his flunkies' bullshit I can't see how anyone could see it any other way.

Their deficit projections have been a joke, food bank usage has continued to increase even after bad old Stevie left, yet he continues to jet around w/o a care in the world hoping for a seat on the UN's Security Council. Plus a carbon tax and his climate change plan which he is imposing on the provinces.

How will any of this help the average Canuck?

Edited by revrnd

Well we all knew Harper lied about the deficit and Trudeau would spend more than he said he would.  That aside I am not for the Carbon Tax in anyway or shape as its being sold right now.  A PM is nothing more than our face world wide, they travel and meet people, totally normal.  All in all the FEDs don't help or hurt the average guy compared to the Provinces where the real damage or greatness can happen.

World Wide Trudeau is very well accepted whether you want to believe that or not is up to you but its fact.

JT's real test will be with Trump if he wants to open NAFTA up - I think USA fared better in the first deal let see if that continues.  Either way it will be interesting to see the outcome and then judge JT on his abilities

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Well we all knew Harper lied about the deficit and Trudeau would spend more than he said he would.  That aside I am not for the Carbon Tax in anyway or shape as its being sold right now.  A PM is nothing more than our face world wide, they travel and meet people, totally normal.  All in all the FEDs don't help or hurt the average guy compared to the Provinces where the real damage or greatness can happen.

World Wide Trudeau is very well accepted whether you want to believe that or not is up to you but its fact.

JT's real test will be with Trump if he wants to open NAFTA up - I think USA fared better in the first deal let see if that continues.  Either way it will be interesting to see the outcome and then judge JT on his abilities

JT has already showed his cards and stated he is willing to renegotiate NAFTA when nobody has asked him to.  Real amateur move IMO.