Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No, I should be able to opt out of it so long as I provide my own way.  I know most people can't live within their means and spend before saving a dime and blame everyone else for their own mistakes.  I already know modest returns on the same investment every year, you would have over 400K for each spouse instead of a measly 20k/yr combined.

They are doing no favours.

back when you were young you would only be paying less than 1000 a year - dude you can't make that into 400k ever just not possible....

your first 20 years you only put in less than 20k :lol:  yet you can make that into 100's of thousands

Even using the rule of 7 and interest rates of 15% you can't make that kind of money

today you max out at 2200 or something so a kid today may be able to make that into 400k 

I should get a rebate if I don't get sick or use a hospital :dunno:   sometimes you just pay to live in this great country. 

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

back when you were young you would only be paying less than 1000 a year - dude you can't make that into 400k ever just not possible....

your first 20 years you only put in less than 20k :lol:  yet you can make that into 100's of thousands

Even using the rule of 7 and interest rates of 15% you can't make that kind of money

today you max out at 2200 or something so a kid today may be able to make that into 400k 

I should get a rebate if I don't get sick or use a hospital :dunno:   sometimes you just pay to live in this great country. 

I don't think so.  Like I said I would have blown way past 400K.

Let's say Bill started working 40 years ago.  Back then he only contributed 1.8% of your pay to a maximum of $135.00.  From this point, every year his contribution amount would have gone up because of inflation adjustments and increases to the contribution rate.  Over the course of 40 years, he would have contributed $44,692.80.  Bill's employer would have also matched his contributions.  Today, 40 years later, Bill would be eligible for a CPP retirement benefit of $1092.50 per month or $13,110 per year.  Is that good or bad?

If we look at it from the perspective of how much money would we need today as a lump sum to generate an annual income of $13,110 per year, we can estimate that we would need somewhere between $230,000 and $330,000.  Let's say Bill could have taken his CPP contributions along with the employer contributions and invested it himself he would need to earn somewhere between 6.5% and 8.8% to achieve the $230,000 to $330,000.  If Bill did not have the employer contributions, it would be very difficult to replicate a pension of $1092.50 per month.

25 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't think so.  Like I said I would have blown way past 400K.

no

Kevin Oleary also says buying a house is a bad idea and you don't make money at it :lol: 

Yet he is proven wrong every single day on this topic.

You are my example on house buying - just not possible to make the profits you have other ways while putting a roof over your head.

Your example also proves CPP is a better way for most Canadians 

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

no

Kevin Oleary also says buying a house is a bad idea and you don't make money at it :lol: 

Yet he is proven wrong every single day on this topic.

You are my example on house buying - just not possible to make the profits you have other ways while putting a roof over your head.

Your example also proves CPP is a better way for most Canadians 

1st Bold. Your wrong.

CPP is there for those who can't help themselves, that is all.

Kevin is wrong on real estate, I have never said you can't make money in it.  I actually own several properties, just have zero desire to deal with retail tenants/renters, now just adding to private REITS.  I respect Kevin, but his dabble into the financial world was a disaster, at least a major underachievement from a client's point of view, but then that's pretty much the entire industry.:lol:

2nd bold, huh?

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

LILLEY :lol:  you mean he is against Trudeau :lol: wow didn't know

such horrible reporting but it does serve to its small base of factless newoneways :lol: sorry IRV 

Of course, no mention of bringing Terrorists into Canada, just a comment on Lilley. How come you move the goalposts so often, trail? I know it must be tough for you to accept that your hero, trudope is an idiot, but anyone, with a brain on their shoulders, would say this is a bad idea. 

:bc:

On Tuesday, Legal Aid Ontario said the provincial government was cutting funding, meaning the agency’s lawyers would have to stop accepting most new immigration and refugee clients effective immediately.

The Ford government said those costs should be burdened solely by the federal government.

44 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so by the tax payer :dunno:   what are you cheering Doug for?  he didn't save you money dummy 

Justin can pay for his own promises.

Go Doug.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

No surprise Alberta going back to CON

44 years and bare cupboards - the dream can still come true :lol: 

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

ffs trail, don't you ever get tired of getting kicked around on this forum?

1 minute ago, toslow said:

ffs trail, don't you ever get tired of getting kicked around on this forum?

:dunno: 

44 years of CON rule 4 years NDP :lol:  its all there fault 

Unless Oil prices go  up Alberta will not have profitable oil like in the past 

10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

The NDP was handed zero debt and then piled it on like only the NPD can.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The NDP was handed zero debt and then piled it on like only the NPD can.

:lol:  Again OIL PRICES HAVE DROPPED and one trick Alberta is feeling the pinch - this isn't something any government can stop.

chart pretty much sums up why Cons did okay over the decades 

royalty_share.png

its so stupid to believe the Cons in Alberta are greatness

They had the golden ticket, but have now lost it 

less than 5 million people in Alberta - they only need a Mayor :lol: 

Edited by 1trailmaker

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  Again OIL PRICES HAVE DROPPED and one trick Alberta is feeling the pinch - this isn't something any government can stop.

chart pretty much sums up why Cons did okay over the decades 

royalty_share.png

its so stupid to believe the Cons in Alberta are greatness

They had the golden ticket, but have now lost it 

less than 5 million people in Alberta - they only need a Mayor :lol: 

Dude oil is cyclical, always has been, always will be.