Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Can't wait for Donny to leave, he is horrible for the world period.   ME ME ME isn't not what we teach

I don't agree with the tarrifs but trade hasn't been fair for the US in a long time.  That is a fact.

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

IT WAS TAKING MONEY AWAY WAS THE TOPIC.  and no it wasn't the right thing to do.

Pointing out the money taken by Harper is the topic

I will take my tax cut instead thank you

People are living longer than when these programs were put in place.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't agree with the tarrifs but trade hasn't been fair for the US in a long time.  That is a fact.

:lol:  poor USA being taken advantage of poor babies :lol: Canada MILK :lol:  

Mean while every large company like APPLE do it all offshore - poor babies 

USA farmers on the news last night were not happy with anything Trumps has done for them, to quote Canadian market is so small we won't even bother with it 

sorry AC you are incorrect on who is taking advantage of who 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

People are living longer than when these programs were put in place.  

so how is cutting 2 years stopping longer payments :dunno:  

We live longer than just 2 more years 

Harper's big mistake was this, he lost old time votes due to it.

I hope to collect at 65 like everyone else did.............................

32 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

IT WAS TAKING MONEY AWAY WAS THE TOPIC.  and no it wasn't the right thing to do.

Pointing out the money taken by Harper is the topic

I will take my tax cut instead thank you

His tax will take far more from your pocket every time you buy something than you will ever get back. Only someone with the strong Trudope bromance like you can't see that.

33 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Can't wait for Donny to leave, he is horrible for the world period.   ME ME ME isn't not what we teach..

CANADA FIRST

ONTARIO FIRST

WORKERS FIRST - oh wait forget that one :lol: 

The union mentality is strong with you as always. Who gives a damn if business can afford what the workers want, who cares about the owners of the business making a profit which is their income. Obviously not you.

27 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Your lack of simple math continues to shine through. Most people live to 65. Holding back on the funds that get paid out at 65 provides the funds to ensure they can continue to pay those that live into their 80's and 90's. The number of people living longer is growing significantly year over year. The average for men is 80 and women 84.

The life expectancy at birth for men has increased by 20.5 years, from 58.8 years in 1922 to 79.3 years in 2011. During the same period, the life expectancy of women increased by 23.0 years, from 60.6 years to 83.6 years.

The plan would be unsustainable without changes. Get your calculator out and maybe just maybe you can figure that out.

10 minutes ago, 02sled said:

His tax will take far more from your pocket every time you buy something than you will ever get back. Only someone with the strong Trudope bromance like you can't see that.

The union mentality is strong with you as always. Who gives a damn if business can afford what the workers want, who cares about the owners of the business making a profit which is their income. Obviously not you.

How do I give extra money when I buy something under Trudeau :dunno: 

Profits are at a high today 02sled just incase you missed it business world wide is moving along... STOP THE BS there has never been a raise in pay a owner can afford, just ask them.....

10$ an hour was gong to break all businesses

10.50 an hour was going to kill business

11.25 an hour was going to kill business

14 an hour was gong to kill business 

Ya I have heard this just seems the business has died matter of fact growth and profits are up - FACTS YOU CAN DENY BUT CAN"T CHANGE 

40 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  poor USA being taken advantage of poor babies :lol: Canada MILK :lol:  

Mean while every large company like APPLE do it all offshore - poor babies 

USA farmers on the news last night were not happy with anything Trumps has done for them, to quote Canadian market is so small we won't even bother with it 

sorry AC you are incorrect on who is taking advantage of who 

Whoosh.

38 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Why not just move it forward to 60, should have zero effect.

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Your lack of simple math continues to shine through. Most people live to 65. Holding back on the funds that get paid out at 65 provides the funds to ensure they can continue to pay those that live into their 80's and 90's. The number of people living longer is growing significantly year over year. The average for men is 80 and women 84.

The life expectancy at birth for men has increased by 20.5 years, from 58.8 years in 1922 to 79.3 years in 2011. During the same period, the life expectancy of women increased by 23.0 years, from 60.6 years to 83.6 years.

The plan would be unsustainable without changes. Get your calculator out and maybe just maybe you can figure that out.

Yet you will take yours  at 65 while telling others to wait so you can have it longer.

YUP that is what a douche does.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Why not just move it forward to 60, should have zero effect.

well you are correct at the end you will not see a difference, just more debt like always.

65 is retirement age lets just keep it there. CPP comes in at 60 if you wanted to collect even while working.

here ya trail

S.gif

To all I.U.O.E., Local 793 members:

The Ontario College of Trades (OCOT) was the first organization in Canada that allowed construction trades to govern themselves, rather than leaving them to be directed by a provincial government ministry. At the time of its creation, the OCOT was also responsible for a much-needed modernizing of apprenticeship and skilled trades training and licensing in Ontario. On Tuesday, the Ford government made a sudden announcement that the OCOT is coming to an end.

Before the creation of the OCOT, it had been over 35 years since any government had acted on changes to technology and training needs to declare a new compulsory trade. A compulsory trade is a trade in which registration as an apprentice, journeyperson candidate or certification as a journeyperson is mandatory.  At that time, we at the Operating Engineers were the last to be able to make our voice heard. In 1982, Hoisting Engineer was named a compulsory trade. It wasn’t until 2017 that Sprinkler Fitters were named the next compulsory trade. The OCOT provided a clear pathway by which any trade could apply to formally change their status to that of a compulsory trade.

Local 793 supported the creation of the OCOT right from the start. It provided improved safety and training for our members and a clear process to require licensing and training. Local 793 also supported, and continues to support, the concept of trades being regulated by those with the relevant expertise and direct involvement in the construction industry.  

With the OCOT in place, many positive changes occurred that benefitted Local 793, OETIO, our members, our signatory contractors and the construction industry as a whole. The OCOT developed for the first time a Provincial Trade Exam for the Concrete Pump. The operators of TLBs, excavators, and bulldozers had their training standards reviewed and updated for the first time in almost 20 years. Appointees to the Heavy Equipment trade board, working with the OCOT, were also able to get Red Seal endorsement for those who wrote the approved Heavy Equipment Trade Exam. This ensures that our members’ skills are recognized anywhere they choose to work in Canada.

Local 793 thanks those 26 members, staff, and members of management of our signatory contractors who have spent many hours working on the OCOT trade boards, the divisional board, the board of governors and the appointments council. Over the last nine years, they have dedicated their time and expertise to make the OCOT all that it could be.

Of course, the OCOT was not perfect and did result in greater costs for fees and regulations. Safety and skills training, and a timely and enforceable means for addressing all industry concerns, remain top priorities of Local 793. We will meet, and where possible, work with the current Ford government to address our concerns and to continue to advance safety and skills training.  

Our immediate priority is to meet with all Local 793 staff and with the representatives of our signatory companies, who currently do work at the OCOT, to discuss next steps. Specifically, our focus will be to help ensure the winding down of the OCOT is done responsibly. Most importantly, we must make sure that the development of a replacement model for the regulation of the skilled trades and the apprenticeship system in Ontario continues to promote safety, skills training and licensing.

Fraternally,

– Mike Gallagher, Business Manager IUOE, Local 793

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

How do I give extra money when I buy something under Trudeau :dunno: 

Profits are at a high today 02sled just incase you missed it business world wide is moving along... STOP THE BS there has never been a raise in pay a owner can afford, just ask them.....

10$ an hour was gong to break all businesses

10.50 an hour was going to kill business

11.25 an hour was going to kill business

14 an hour was gong to kill business 

Ya I have heard this just seems the business has died matter of fact growth and profits are up - FACTS YOU CAN DENY BUT CAN"T CHANGE 

How much is FailDock paying?

14 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Yet you will take yours  at 65 while telling others to wait so you can have it longer.

YUP that is what a douche does.

More stupidity from the village idiot. Maybe if your bromance lover Trudope didn't give $B's away to the rest of the world that money could go into OAS.

14 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

well you are correct at the end you will not see a difference, just more debt like always.

65 is retirement age lets just keep it there. CPP comes in at 60 if you wanted to collect even while working.

Yeah... and you get less at 60 than you do if you wait until 65 or 70. The break even point for most people is 75. At 75 you will have collected the same amount starting at 60 as you would had you started at 65. If you start at 60 and invest that money rather than spend it the ROI makes the break even point much closer to 79/80. Given that life expectancy for the average male is 80 it makes sense to collect at 60 rather than later. Especially considering when you die all the money you put into the system is forfeit.

Personally I would have preferred to have been able to opt out of CPP contributions all my life and put the same amount into investments of my own. I would be much further ahead and whatever funds would be left when I die would go to family rather than the government.

I started collecting the CPP at 60 and believe I made the right choice in my situation. The small reduction at 1st was no big deal and in the 5yrs it's already gone up quite a bit. The plus side for me is that i have banked/invested that and have an extra little nest egg. It would be nice if the OAS would get a boost but can't see that happening

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

I started collecting the CPP at 60 and believe I made the right choice in my situation. The small reduction at 1st was no big deal and in the 5yrs it's already gone up quite a bit. The plus side for me is that i have banked/invested that and have an extra little nest egg. It would be nice if the OAS would get a boost but can't see that happening

I started collecting at 60 as well. I didn't need it to live on so invested the full amount which like you has grown. For me I built a spreadsheet which showed the cumulative totals received starting at 60 & 65. It was a no brainer. My wife starts collecting hers next month.