Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Maybe justin needs to visit Saudi Arabia and explain the rights in person.

Might conflict w/ him going to the Pride parade in Yorkton or Ignace or Edmundston....

Environmentalists cast wary eye on cannabis industry’s water, energy use amid approaching legalization

JACOB LORINC

PUBLISHED 16 HOURS AGOUPDATED AUGUST 5, 2018

FOR SUBSCRIBERS

PART OF CANNABIS AND SMALL BUSINESS AND RETAIL

Expand stories

GO TO MORE STORIES ON THE BUSINESS OF CANNABIS

With marijuana legalization quickly approaching, academics and legal experts are warning that mass cannabis production could have a negative impact on the environment.

Indoor cultivation, the primary method of production for major distributors such as Aurora Cannabis Inc. and Canopy Growth Corp., has been shown to use large amounts of energy as a result of 24-hour lighting rigs, high-intensity air conditioning and dehumidifiers. The facilities can be as large as 1.2 million square feet and can use tens of thousands of dollars in electricity a month.

“It’s a worrisome state of affairs," says Werner Antweiler, a professor of business and environmental economics at the University of British Columbia. “The carbon footprint could be quite large given the intense production method.”

Most research on the environmental impact of indoor cultivation comes from the United States. One study from the University of California, Berkeley, estimates that indoor facilities across the United States account for 1 per cent of the country’s total annual electricity use and account for about 50 million tons in greenhouse gas emissions. Evan Mills, the study’s author, says that each average indoor-grown cannabis plant consumes the energy equivalent of 70 gallons of oil, while the energy required to produce asingle marijuana cigarette is roughly equivalent to the energy expended by leaving a 100-watt light bulb on for 75 hours.

Cannabis is also heavily dependent on water, making it a potential source of concern in regions that experience dry spells and drought.

Selina Lee-Andersen, an environmental lawyer based in Vancouver, says that one marijuana plant needs approximately 22 litres of water a day; in comparison, a wine-producing grape plant uses approximately 12 litres a day.

Above was part of an article in Globe and Mail.

How can Justin Trudeau conciously open an industry in Canada that will be one of the worst greenhouse gas emitters?

I thought Canadians were worried about the enviroment?

I guess as long as Justin can be high everything else is okay. 

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Environmentalists cast wary eye on cannabis industry’s water, energy use amid approaching legalization

JACOB LORINC

PUBLISHED 16 HOURS AGOUPDATED AUGUST 5, 2018

FOR SUBSCRIBERS

PART OF CANNABIS AND SMALL BUSINESS AND RETAIL

Expand stories

GO TO MORE STORIES ON THE BUSINESS OF CANNABIS

With marijuana legalization quickly approaching, academics and legal experts are warning that mass cannabis production could have a negative impact on the environment.

Indoor cultivation, the primary method of production for major distributors such as Aurora Cannabis Inc. and Canopy Growth Corp., has been shown to use large amounts of energy as a result of 24-hour lighting rigs, high-intensity air conditioning and dehumidifiers. The facilities can be as large as 1.2 million square feet and can use tens of thousands of dollars in electricity a month.

“It’s a worrisome state of affairs," says Werner Antweiler, a professor of business and environmental economics at the University of British Columbia. “The carbon footprint could be quite large given the intense production method.”

Most research on the environmental impact of indoor cultivation comes from the United States. One study from the University of California, Berkeley, estimates that indoor facilities across the United States account for 1 per cent of the country’s total annual electricity use and account for about 50 million tons in greenhouse gas emissions. Evan Mills, the study’s author, says that each average indoor-grown cannabis plant consumes the energy equivalent of 70 gallons of oil, while the energy required to produce asingle marijuana cigarette is roughly equivalent to the energy expended by leaving a 100-watt light bulb on for 75 hours.

Cannabis is also heavily dependent on water, making it a potential source of concern in regions that experience dry spells and drought.

Selina Lee-Andersen, an environmental lawyer based in Vancouver, says that one marijuana plant needs approximately 22 litres of water a day; in comparison, a wine-producing grape plant uses approximately 12 litres a day.

Above was part of an article in Globe and Mail.

How can Justin Trudeau conciously open an industry in Canada that will be one of the worst greenhouse gas emitters?

I thought Canadians were worried about the enviroment?

I guess as long as Justin can be high everything else is okay. 

We have no Carbon worries in Ontario Doug said so, concern zero it seems :dunno:  

It Canada already has a full supply of Pot and has for decades, what will change besides who the grower is :dunno: 

while the energy required to produce asingle marijuana cigarette is roughly equivalent to the energy expended by leaving a 100-watt light bulb on for 75 hours.

THESE NUMBERS DON"T SEEM EVEN CLOSE TO CORRECT.

Maybe they are referring to this

jointusGigantus.jpg

Watching the CBC news this morning and this was said before a commercial break (w/ the Parliament Buildings in the background)

"Looking at the Parliament Budings in Ottawa this morning. Prime Minister Trudeau still hasn't said anything about the developing rift between Canada and Saudi Arabia".

23 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

MIA since the grope.  

Since the TPP when Justin wa slate because he was supposedly Banging Joly.

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Watching the CBC news this morning and this was said before a commercial break (w/ the Parliament Buildings in the background)

"Looking at the Parliament Budings in Ottawa this morning. Prime Minister Trudeau still hasn't said anything about the developing rift between Canada and Saudi Arabia".

Worst PM ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

who is going?

Conservative Party of Canada Leader, the Hon. Andrew Scheer is coming to Barrie-Innisfil to attend the Hockey Night in Barrie game fundraiser. Click 'Learn More' to purchase your tickets online or purchase them on-site at the BBQ. (Thur Aug 9th. 5pm-6:30pm) Barrie Molson Center

•  

•  
  •  

https://globalnews.ca/news/4373961/canada-saudi-arabia-tensions/

Freeland, speaking on Monday, said that the attack by the Saudis would not stop Canada from speaking up for women’s rights.

Speaking with reporters on Tuesday, Finance Minister Bill Morneau also echoed her sentiments.

“We have been clear with our dealings around the world and specifically with Saudi Arabia we know it is important to bring Canadian values around the world and we are going to continue to enunciate the appropriate ways of dealings with citizens,” Morneau said.

Next they'll be asking the Saudis if they have any plans to allow Pride parades in Riyadh.

10 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Next they'll be asking the Saudis if they have any plans to allow Pride parades in Riyadh.

Like that is gonna work.  The Saudi King is worth more than all of Canada.  Pressure him.:lol:

• Haha 1

Sure sounds like Failmaker wrote this article.

Explains his voting style to a T!   All gush at Selfie boy.

No pride in Trudeau

PM has shockingly failed the gay community

• Toronto Sun
  • August 7, 2018
  • SHAUN PROULX Guest Columnist — Shaun Proulx hosts The Shaun Proulx Show on SiriusXM Canada Talks 167. He is the publisher of TheGayGuideNetwork.com and leads a #ThoughtRevolution about busting through personal limits
artimg_0005_0000_0000_.jpgDARRYL DYCK/THE CANADIAN PRESS  

“Well, at least he’s glamorous.”

That’s all I’ve got left now for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, that truism, which I use when detractors from my orbit remind me that I voted for him because there is a picture of he and I in a gay nightclub and I liked the bulge in his jeans.

Superficial, but it kind of was my basis, and maybe that’s how the gay vote and gay support is seen as won by the Liberal party: “Wear pink, carry glitter, and for God’s sake, know your Taylor Swift and we’re in!”

It feels like that’s the kind of superficiality behind a brunch reception (gays love brunch, girl!) during Montreal’s Pride festival this month, at which Trudeau, avec bulge presumably, will discuss why Pride is important and Canada’s role and contributions to the world. He’ll do this with one of the stars of the Netflix hit, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy.

Anyone who donates to the Liberal party is entered to win a trip for two to the event and I could all but fall asleep typing about it, it all sounds so boring.

But it is also infuriating. What gall and hypocrisy this man has.

He who promised in his election campaign to rid Canada of something so draconian it shocks and sickens, will join the very group of people it has directly impacted and still does -Trudeau himself even called it discriminatory -- and will he be glamorous, despite having failed to thus far deliver to the very crowd with whom he will fabulous brunch? He will smile and bulge and chat with a food and wine expert from TV, as gooey-eyed sycophants in attendance marvel, never facing the disco music about his shocking failure.

The unfulfilled promise is, of course, that disgusting “gay blood ban,” a revolting hangover that won’t go, back from terrible times when we didn’t know what AIDS was, but that the virus that can lead to AIDS had tainted some of the country’s blood supply.

Gay men being the first population to acquire the virus were banned as an emergency measure and that measure long ago served its purpose. So much testing is now done on blood, a pool of healthy safe donations is being negated, and it’s outrageous that I, a sexually-active gay man cannot donate blood. However, if I lied and said I was straight, but had the same sex life, Canada’s Blood Services would gladly take a donation.

You chew on that at brunch, Mr Trudeau. But then digest this: Beyond arguments touched on here, do you even get that there is a silent toxic subtext, which festers and is allowed to breathe every day you aren’t the man who has the balls that you look like you do?

The government has the authority to kill any regulation which is no longer justified. Is the government buying time and deliberately pushing the issue past the next election?

I hope not.

Decades later, after all the loss, all the suffering, all the fighting and the bold, beautiful progress we made, I was just last Thursday afternoon enjoying a tour of Toronto’s astonishing new Casey House facility -- a 14-bed hospice -- and Casey House Executive Director Joanne Simone shared they are still faced with the same issues that should have gone away by now: Discrimination, stigma, fear. Guess what, Mr Trudeau? When you allow this ban to live on, you are supporting the unspoken message that gay men are tainted and dirty and less-than. Like it’s not 2018, but 1973, which was when homosexuality stopped being considered a mental health disorder. That diseased message that queer is wrong enters and re-enters society and it taints the ideas and thinking and beliefs of people that somehow gays are less-than. And on we go.

J.T. brought sexy back to politics, but maybe the crotch bulge that got him my vote should be the bar of future campaign promises he makes. At least any promises he makes to my community, which has suffered in ways he will never understand.

Meanwhile, work it, glam it, own it at brunch, girl, as you bathe in the light of a beautiful community whose progress to where we stand today you personally have had absolutely nothing to do with — clearly.

At least he’s glamorous.

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

I don't know what to think.

He goes on & on about being a feminist and (insert Rip Taylor or Charles Nelson Reilly here) 'just loves' going to Pride parades...

Closet Homo :hay:

11 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Like that is gonna work.  The Saudi King is worth more than all of Canada.  Pressure him.:lol:

No but here is the real question.

They questioned an Islamic government. Isnt that by the very nature of M103 Islamophobic?

Hypocrites.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

They questioned an Islamic government. Isnt that by the very nature of M103 Islamophobic?

Hypocrites.

They are trying to score political points at home and it backfired.  Trudeau doesn't care about Islam, just wants their votes.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, revrnd said:

Not likely... since Trudope says NAFTA is Canada US and Mexico all included or nothing at all. Meanwhile the US is fine to have a deal with Canada and a separate deal with Mexico. Trudope is going to take his ball and go home so nobody can play without him... surprise... Mexico and US have their own balls.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:31 PM, 1trailmaker said:

of course it is - funny you can get an impaired on an e-bike but you can drive that e-bike after a conviction but can't drive a car :dunno:  

Same goes for a boat - fucked up 

Only you would think it's fucked up to drive a boat drunk and lose your license to drive a car as well. It speaks to the propensity of a person to drink and drive period.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Freeland will be shedding the tears for sure... after all Canada is such a nice country she says.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Only you would think it's fucked up to drive a boat drunk and lose your license to drive a car as well. It speaks to the propensity of a person to drink and drive period.

Missed your dumb posts, good to see you.  

follow along 02sledless - once charged you can drive the boat but not the car - you can drive the e-bike but not the car.

Wouldn't you think if you were charged with impaired you wouldn't be able to drive the vehicle :dunno:  

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, 1trailmaker said:

I wonder how this is going to turn out :dunno: 

Simple... the Saudi's don't need Canada and there is only one person to blame.... Trudope for his incessant attempts to stick his nose where it doesn't belong. Trying to interfere in the internal policies and laws of a foreign country.

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

Shhh.... that shoe hasn't dropped yet. The next trade deal Trudope and Freeland try to put together will have a clause that there must be a week long PRIDE festival or no deal

2 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Hypocrites.

Where is Trudopes stance on diversity of cultures being a strength on this one?

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Missed your dumb posts, good to see you.  

follow along 02sledless - once charged you can drive the boat but not the car - you can drive the e-bike but not the car.

Wouldn't you think if you were charged with impaired you wouldn't be able to drive the vehicle :dunno:  

Wrong Again Fail... you can't keep driving the boat or the car.

I've been busy working. When I'm getting paid to do a job I actually do the job and give them what they are paying for.

• Like 1