Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

10 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Weber’s burgers are not that great. You’ll be lucky to make it to the Tim Hortons before you have the raging shits 

I see you speak from experience....need to travel a little further now too, to the Timmie's shitter....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Webers food isn't that great but its a fun thing to do if you have little kids.

Back in the day this was one of very few burger places but that was a long time ago, 100's of them now 

Trudeau is heading your way this week keep an eye out 

Probably on his way to Wynnebag's cottage down the road. Not sure if they got the forest fire out. Maybe he could come sooner & helped it w/ that?

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Back in the day this was one of very few burger places but that was a long time ago, 100's of them now 

I had heard of the place, but never been thru that stretch of 11 between Orillia & Washago until 10 or so years ago. I picked up a friend in T.O. Sat' morning &

headed to Huntsville area. Driving past the place mid-morning & people were lined up. I'm pretty sure that I'm not looking for a cheeseburger @ 10 AM. I don't think my friend's review of the burger was all that positive.

Edited by revrnd

29 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I see you speak from experience....need to travel a little further now too, to the Timmie's shitter....

I do. Have tried them a few times but we refer to them as a time delayed gut bomb or a choke and puke. Lol. 

Edited by 04nightfire
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Probably on his way to Wynnebag's cottage down the road. Not sure if they got the forest fire out. Maybe he could come sooner & helped it w/ that?

He was in Barrie already today, tomorrow Bradford and passing right by you on the way back through Ontario to Ottawa 

Get your autograph book out 

8 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

We would stop there about 10 years ago on the way home after cottage shopping.  Not very good but hit the spot.

9 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

What are you talking about?  Very few burger places?   Again more Fail BS!

Back in the day the 400 / 11 used to have a pile of ma and pa owned burger joints and greasy spoons.  From gasoline alley north they were every few miles and then scattered all the way to Sudbury and North Bay.   

Over the years the divided hwy and then introduction of drive thru by big chains killed the little guy.

Now our hustle and bustle drivers do not want to stop and wait for a burger.

And Webbers sucks!  

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

What are you talking about?  Very few burger places?   Again more Fail BS!

Back in the day the 400 / 11 used to have a pile of ma and pa owned burger joints and greasy spoons.  From gasoline alley north they were every few miles and then scattered all the way to Sudbury and North Bay.   

Over the years the divided hwy and then introduction of drive thru by big chains killed the little guy.

Now our hustle and bustle drivers do not want to stop and wait for a burger.

And Webbers sucks!  

:lol:  ah NO  1963 didn't have Burger Joints every mile,  Nor in the City of Toronto it just wasn't common to sell just a Burger and Fries.   Mid 70's yes 

McDonalds 1968 had 1 store in Ontario - wtf are you talking about 

ANd 400 didn't go past Barrie but you took it going to Sudbury :lol:  

13 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

who's going :dunno:  

DigxXMjVsAIj8rG.jpg

Barrie

Bradford

rvernd house 

He should bloody well work a frigging day or two

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

Wrong part of the province. I think he was more in O2's neighbourhood. 

What is the general consensus on Webers burgers? Worth waiting in a line up for?

Maybe he could've rolled up his sleeves & helped me w/ some painting. Or I could take him to the woodlot & fired off some rounds.

Webers is absolute shite. Although the eye candy in line is worth the stop.

You want a good burger. Go to the Burger Pit just north of Barrie on the north side by the Big RV dealer.

Homemade non GMO meat for the burger

1 hour ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Although the eye candy in line is worth the stop.

LOL

As we used to tell a guy @ work when he'd be going on about all the eye candy he saw on Simcoe when he was out on his boat, "Pics or it didn't happen".

• Like 1

Harper cries foul as he begs Trudeau to cave to Donny instead of trying to gain political points by standing strong and united.....

Although you will all cheer Mr Harper, I doubt the same would go to Wynne if she decides to open her yap about Doug 

sour fucking grapes, he wasn't asked to be on the TEAM CANADA :lol:  

21 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  ah NO  1963 didn't have Burger Joints every mile,  Nor in the City of Toronto it just wasn't common to sell just a Burger and Fries.   Mid 70's yes 

McDonalds 1968 had 1 store in Ontario - wtf are you talking about 

ANd 400 didn't go past Barrie but you took it going to Sudbury :lol:  

Ok Fail,

Hwy 11 and hwy 69.  Are you happier now?  

According to you Webers was the only burger place in Ontario!  There were no small mom and pop restaurants that served hamburgers on any road or highway in Ontario before Webers in 1963.  Thank god for Webers!  What an idea they must have had! 

You idiot Fail!!  

There were alot of restaurants along 11, 12, 69, 169, 27, 35, 7, 41, and whatever road to small towns existed.  Webers did not invent the hamburger and sure as hell not the first restaurant on the side of the road.

And alot of those small restaurants have closed up.  

Major changes that have changed cottage country and the north over the years are better fuel economy, faster travel times, better hydro service to cottages allowing refrigerators left on with food, better appliances, bigger box and grocery stores in city, etc.  Even the Enroute locations take a big bite out of small business.  

Small cottage area stores that used to busle with weekend business of meats and vegtables see reduced business as better coolers and ice packs along with faster travel times allow cottagers to buy in big cheaper stores and take more north.

The divided hwy changed alot of businesses also.  And if you dont believe me look in South River, Sundridge, Powassan, Trout Creek etc. At all the old dying restaurants and store fronts.

Webers survived and made a great business decision to buy the old CN Tower walkway.  That is probably what saved their business as it allows service to two way traffic.  Doesnt change the fact their burgers suck.  But its the in crowd thing to do I guess.  Stopped at Webers on way to cottage.

Great PM quotes :lol:

PMs Speech:
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” – John G. Diefenbaker
---
“Canada is and always has been our country. We want Canada to be true north that is as strong and as free as it can be in every way that matters – the best country in the world. That’s why we’re here, that’s why we strive, that’s why we serve.” – Stephen J. Harper
---
“The fact is we work
uh… the… sorry, let me just try to reorder the thoughts.... I did not grope her” – Groper Justin P. Trudeau

8 hours ago, Sksman said:

Ok Fail,

Hwy 11 and hwy 69.  Are you happier now?  

According to you Webers was the only burger place in Ontario!  There were no small mom and pop restaurants that served hamburgers on any road or highway in Ontario before Webers in 1963.  Thank god for Webers!  What an idea they must have had! 

You idiot Fail!!  

There were alot of restaurants along 11, 12, 69, 169, 27, 35, 7, 41, and whatever road to small towns existed.  Webers did not invent the hamburger and sure as hell not the first restaurant on the side of the road.

And alot of those small restaurants have closed up.  

Major changes that have changed cottage country and the north over the years are better fuel economy, faster travel times, better hydro service to cottages allowing refrigerators left on with food, better appliances, bigger box and grocery stores in city, etc.  Even the Enroute locations take a big bite out of small business.  

Small cottage area stores that used to busle with weekend business of meats and vegtables see reduced business as better coolers and ice packs along with faster travel times allow cottagers to buy in big cheaper stores and take more north.

The divided hwy changed alot of businesses also.  And if you dont believe me look in South River, Sundridge, Powassan, Trout Creek etc. At all the old dying restaurants and store fronts.

Webers survived and made a great business decision to buy the old CN Tower walkway.  That is probably what saved their business as it allows service to two way traffic.  Doesnt change the fact their burgers suck.  But its the in crowd thing to do I guess.  Stopped at Webers on way to cottage.

Being BURGERS ONLY wasn't normal and this was one of the FIRST IN ONTARIO , why are you talking about restaurants :dunno:  - that was the entire point about WEBERS, open before even McDonalds 

So JT believes the best plan for the "irregular border crossers" is to move them from college dorms into hotels!

Great plan.  Now the costs to taxpayers will increase.  

And any traveller who required a room in a motel in Mississauga will be forced to search for a room elsewhere.  This will increase the cost for rooms around the area for travellers s fewer vacancy leads to increased pricing.

I am really glad JT sees no issue with our tax dollars being wasted away.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

So JT believes the best plan for the "irregular border crossers" is to move them from college dorms into hotels!

Great plan.  Now the costs to taxpayers will increase.  

And any traveller who required a room in a motel in Mississauga will be forced to search for a room elsewhere.  This will increase the cost for rooms around the area for travellers s fewer vacancy leads to increased pricing.

I am really glad JT sees no issue with our tax dollars being wasted away.  

Haven't the authorities been housing refugee claimants in motels for years now?

It's nothing to laugh about but in light of the sexual assault charges against the Hedley front man, you can't help but think of our current PM's mother's 'interactions' w/ musicians in her younger days.