Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

On 6/19/2018 at 8:40 PM, 1trailmaker said:

Canadians will be able to legally purchase and consume recreational marijuana by mid-September at the latest after the Senate voted Tuesday to lift Canada’s 95-year prohibition on cannabis.

Senators voted 52-29, with two abstentions, to pass bill C-45, after seven months of study and debate.

Senators backed down on an amendment to the federal government’s cannabis legalization bill that would have recognized the authority of provincial governments to ban home cultivation of marijuana plants if they choose.

The Trudeau government rejected that amendment and senators voted 45-35 against insisting on it.

Quebec and Manitoba have already decided to ban home-grown weed, despite the fact that the federal bill specifies that individuals may grow up to four plants per dwelling.

The Senate’s amendment was intended to avoid legal challenges of the provinces’ constitutional authority to prohibit home cultivation.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/06/19/senate-passes-cannabis-bill/

Best thing to happen in decades 

The worst thing to ever happen to every sector of every employer in this country. Just where are the hard working focussed tax payers going to come from to provide the luxury of not working and staying home to get stoned for those now legally on drugs.  Fuck me this is pathetic.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Harper is going to visit the White House... likely he can do more good than Trudope has been able to do on the trade front.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/harper-blindsides-trudeau-pmo-plans-visit-to-white-house-1.3992079 

U.S. has suggested it would be a lot easier to have a Canada / U.S. trade agreement and achieved much sooner than an all inclusive Canada / U.S. / Mexico agreement. Canada could have it's own Canada / Mexico agreement. Later a U.S. / Mexico agreement could be reached but Trudope is standing firm on all or nothing. If Mexico isn't part of a single agreement it's a no go.

Sounds like the playground kid who says play by my rules or I'm taking my ball and going home. Oh don't forget Trudope is still pushing the gender BS as part of a trade agreement.

He needs to go before he screws up Canada as badly as Wynnebag did Ontario.

Just saw AC posted the same link as I was doing this one.

Go Stephen Go :lol:  he should bring Doug with him 

So glad he is gone, he would have caved and sold out to the USA a long time ago - his trip will prove his motives 

20 minutes ago, Tinker said:

The worst thing to ever happen to every sector of every employer in this country. Just where are the hard working focussed tax payers going to come from to provide the luxury of not working and staying home to get stoned for those now legally on drugs.  Fuck me this is pathetic.

1920 was a good year for you I see 

bold is just not worth commenting on its so Refer Madness 

Tinker the money that will be saved by the Country is going to be huge, arresting a person for 1/4 pound of pot who will get $400 fine - with costs in the thousands to the taxpayer for each case.  That is was is Pathetic 

You have a person willing to work sitting at home because he was caught with a joint, now employers won't hire a criminal - what happens to him :dunno:  YOU PAY 

Sales will surpass Booze very soon - great move 

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Tinker the money that will be saved by the Country is going to be huge, arresting a person for 1/4 pound of pot who will get $400 fine - with costs in the thousands to the taxpayer for each case.  That is was is Pathetic 

You have a person willing to work sitting at home because he was caught with a joint, now employers won't hire a criminal - what happens to him :dunno:  YOU PAY 

I do agree that we will save cash on arrests. But frankly they will screw up distribution and sales so bad that we wont see any real profit out of it.

Just now, Usedtoskidoo said:

I do agree that we will save cash on arrests. But frankly they will screw up distribution and sales so bad that we wont see any real profit out of it.

Yes they will price themselves out of the market but will claim victory as every store will sell out first days of being open.........

Provinces have full control on how sales will work, Will Doug be smart enough :dunno:  You will need good quality and  low prices for a couple of years to slow the black market sales.

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Yes they will price themselves out of the market but will claim victory as every store will sell out first days of being open.........

Provinces have full control on how sales will work, Will Doug be smart enough :dunno:  You will need good quality and  low prices for a couple of years to slow the black market sales.

Potheads have zero loyalty.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Potheads have zero loyalty.

There is a reason people don't make their own Whiskey or Rum - its taste like shit

Loyal to your  buddy down the street :lol:  not sure how you think you can be loyal to something that was arresting you - times will change in the future very similar to Prohibition ending for Booze, black market thrived for years - matter of fact the POT  lack  market has thrived for a century 

Law makers caused this - POT bad BOOZE good 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

I wasn't around in 1920 but I am still constantly trying to hire skilled intelligent honest employees in 2018, free reign to be stoned is not an option. You are correct about the costs though, too bad the fines should be a profitable amount...

I get a chuckle out of Refer Madness and Lighten Up or the pothead philosophy that it's No Big Deal... hey it's even a good thing now right ?? Of course it's everyone else, of course it's no big deal, of course it helps you chill, of course this is the best pizza ever... You're fucking stoned !!!  No one, not 1 single person is the same when they're stoned. It's no different than being on a job untrained, unskilled and unsafe.

Edited by Tinker

3 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I wasn't around in 1920 but I am still constantly trying to hire skilled intelligent honest employees in 2018, free reign to be stoned is not an option. You are correct about the costs though, too bad the fines should be a profitable amount...

I get a chuckle out of Refer Madness and Lighten Up or the pothead philosophy that it's No Big Deal... hey it's even a good thing now right ?? Of course it's everyone else, of course it's no big deal, of course it helps you chill, of course this is the best pizza ever... You're fucking stoned !!!  No one, not 1 single person is the same when they're stoned. It's no different than being on a job untrained, unskilled and unsafe.

If you can't hire a good employee that has noting to do with POT becoming legal - how are you equating this :dunno:  

If someone chooses to smoke pot at work again has nothing to do with it being legal or not, they will do it anyway,  I am going to bet you have a few beers while working around the house, a small buzz and your chore is going well.  But at a workplace that isn't acceptable so why would POT be :dunno:  

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

If you can't hire a good employee that has noting to do with POT becoming legal - how are you equating this :dunno:  

If someone chooses to smoke pot at work again has nothing to do with it being legal or not, they will do it anyway,  I am going to bet you have a few beers while working around the house, a small buzz and your chore is going well.  But at a workplace that isn't acceptable so why would POT be :dunno:  

Don't know anyone who drinks during lunch anymore.  Hey if I have a few buds at home while doing stuff, that is my problem (and wife complaining) if my efficiency goes down.:lol:

At work, not a chance.

27 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

There is a reason people don't make their own Whiskey or Rum - its taste like shit

Loyal to your  buddy down the street :lol:  not sure how you think you can be loyal to something that was arresting you - times will change in the future very similar to Prohibition ending for Booze, black market thrived for years - matter of fact the POT  lack  market has thrived for a century 

Law makers caused this - POT bad BOOZE good 

Man for just one day you need to expose yourself to lies and deception that go on in the workplace to cover up working and driving stoned. And it has nothing to do with being arrested or caught carrying, it's just plain deception to fuck around and getting paid being stoned. Meanwhile as an employer you are 100% liable for their safety and actions. You're drunk or smell of booze... go home. Stoned ? First you gotta have proof when they smoked, then there has to be a fucking incident and now I'm gonna have to listen to the entire crock of shit that the employee is entitled to be a total fuck up because he's on POT. This is fn retarded.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Don't know anyone who drinks during lunch anymore.  Hey if I have a few buds at home while doing stuff, that is my problem (and wife complaining) if my efficiency goes down.:lol:

At work, not a chance.

bold has more to do with Driving Laws that anything else, at one time it was encouraged 

If I had an option of a drunk or a pot head to hire, without a doubt the Pot Head gets the job.  He won't sleep in or come in hungover that make last half a day or more.  

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

LOL, I don't have guys that do "chores around a house" But I have a few that that's all they should do

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

Man for just one day you need to expose yourself to lies and deception that go on in the workplace to cover up working and driving stoned. And it has nothing to do with being arrested or caught carrying, it's just plain deception to fuck around and getting paid being stoned. Meanwhile as an employer you are 100% liable for their safety and actions. You're drunk or smell of booze... go home. Stoned ? First you gotta have proof when they smoked, then there has to be a fucking incident and now I'm gonna have to listen to the entire crock of shit that the employee is entitled to be a total fuck up because he's on POT. This is fn retarded.

again who said being stoned at work is okay :dunno:  I was clear in saying it wasn't 

18 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

bold has more to do with Driving Laws that anything else, at one time it was encouraged 

If I had an option of a drunk or a pot head to hire, without a doubt the Pot Head gets the job.  He won't sleep in or come in hungover that make last half a day or more.  

So you'd hire those contractors that got caught sparking 1 up beside the job site along Eglinton earlier this year?

42 minutes ago, revrnd said:

So you'd hire those contractors that got caught sparking 1 up beside the job site along Eglinton earlier this year?

No I wouldn't, same as I would not hire someone who had alcohol on the job.

That being said, I have no problem if someone has a joint or two on their own time. I personally know several successful business owners, who have indulged in the herb for many years now.

Fact: no one has ever overdosed on weed, nor is it addictive!

I rather doubt that there will be a significant increase in pot use after it is legalized. Studies in Colorado, Oregon and Washington did not show any significant increase in usage after it was legalized there

1 hour ago, Bigfish said:

No I wouldn't, same as I would not hire someone who had alcohol on the job.

That being said, I have no problem if someone has a joint or two on their own time. I personally know several successful business owners, who have indulged in the herb for many years now.

Fact: no one has ever overdosed on weed, nor is it addictive!

I rather doubt that there will be a significant increase in pot use after it is legalized. Studies in Colorado, Oregon and Washington did not show any significant increase in usage after it was legalized there

I beg to differ on that.  I personally know two guys that can't quit the devils lettuce and one said he is addicted to it.  They have tried many times but can't quit it.  Maybe they are not the norm though.  I don't know

31 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I beg to differ on that.  I personally know two guys that can't quit the devils lettuce and one said he is addicted to it.  They have tried many times but can't quit it.  Maybe they are not the norm though.  I don't know

It isn't physically addictive but can be mentally addictive like playing Video Games 

There are no withdraw symptoms unlike Alcohol and Pills and Nicotine  which is a physical addiction 

I agree there are lots that puff daily and never stop

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

It isn't physically addictive but can be mentally addictive like playing Video Games 

There are no withdraw symptoms unlike Alcohol and Pills and Nicotine  which is a physical addiction 

I agree there are lots that puff daily and never stop

You know lots who puff daily.:lol:

No way.

36 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You know lots who puff daily.:lol:

No way.

:lol:  for daily I know more that drink daily than smoke........  Just a few beers tonight mean 6 tall boys 

I also know some that do both all day and smoke cigs too - not much happening over there :lol: