Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

Canadians will be able to legally purchase and consume recreational marijuana by mid-September at the latest after the Senate voted Tuesday to lift Canada’s 95-year prohibition on cannabis.

Senators voted 52-29, with two abstentions, to pass bill C-45, after seven months of study and debate.

Senators backed down on an amendment to the federal government’s cannabis legalization bill that would have recognized the authority of provincial governments to ban home cultivation of marijuana plants if they choose.

The Trudeau government rejected that amendment and senators voted 45-35 against insisting on it.

Quebec and Manitoba have already decided to ban home-grown weed, despite the fact that the federal bill specifies that individuals may grow up to four plants per dwelling.

The Senate’s amendment was intended to avoid legal challenges of the provinces’ constitutional authority to prohibit home cultivation.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/06/19/senate-passes-cannabis-bill/

Best thing to happen in decades 

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, Sksman said:

But Fail said we are doing awesome!  I don’t understand!
Canadian economy hurting thanks to poor government decisions

• Toronto Sun
  • June 17, 2018
  • LORNE GUNTER

artimg_0016_0000_0001_.jpg  

May was not a good-news month economically.

Canada shed 7,000 jobs, bringing the drop in employment since December to nearly 50,000 jobs. Projected growth in our GDP was downgraded to under 1.5% for 2018. And Statistics Canada found Canadian firms intend to invest less than they did last year in new locations, new equipment, new hires — the fourth straight year of decline.

That’s especially bad news because job creation and economic growth next year are often based on investments made this year.

By comparison, the E.U. is expected to grow by close to 2.5% and the U.S. by nearly 4%. The closest bad-news economy to our own is the U.K.’s. That’s because Britain is in the midst of Brexit. The uncertainty of what happens next is keeping investors away.

American companies invested more in 2017 than they did in 2016 — about 3% more. And this year they expect to invest nearly 10% more than that. The U.S. economy is adding jobs even faster than we are shedding them.

How is this happening? Usually when the U.S. economy is expanding, our economy expands, too, as we feed them with raw materials, parts and finished goods.

We can’t blame this on Donald Trump and his stubbornness on trade. This began long before Trump became president. (Well, part of it is Trump’s “fault.” America’s economy is on the verge of a boom because the corporate tax cuts he forced through Congress have given the U.S. a clear tax advantage.)

Our troubles are almost entirely the fault of Canadian governments and their anti-investment rhetoric and policies, especially their “green” energy schemes and carbon taxes.

Our governments are using taxes to punish companies and suck up almost every extra cent ordinary wage earners are making. The federal Liberals treat millions of small business people as if they were tax cheats.

Canadian governments are also racking up massive debts and scaring away investment with their environmental regulations and carbon “pricing.”

“But governments are our friends and guardians,” you insist. “They protect us from the One Percenters and greedy corporations, and they provide us with essential services.”

Not even close.

According to Vancouver’s Fraser Institute, last year Canadian families earned an extra 3.3% in income, but taxes rose by 3.1%. In other words, for every extra dollar your family earned, governments taxed away 94 cents.

It’s like the Beatles 1966 song, Taxman: “That’s one for you, nineteen for me.”

The One Percenters didn’t do that to us.

For instance, the Trudeau government did reduce middle-class income tax rates, but they also got rid of so many tax credits that middle-class families are paying $1,000 more in income tax than before the Liberals were elected. 

Because our leaders can’t get firm with environmental extremists and stand up to stubborn “green” politicians — like the ones who run B.C. and Quebec — we can’t get pipelines built. That has cost Canada nearly $100 billion in lost investment and reduced prices for our oil over the past three years.

And if you believe small businesses are the engine of our economy, consider what it means that since 1998, small-business startups in Canada are off by 50%.

When governments raise minimum wages, add reams of new regulations, double utility rates and treat farmers, entrepreneurs and professionals as if they were robber barons, that discourages investment.

Add the uncertainty caused by our governments’ obsession with “green” policies and who is going to invest their life savings in a new business or their shareholders’ billions in a pipeline?

Doug Ford’s election should improve the scene in Ontario, but all the damage done by “progressive” federal, provincial and municipal governments will take years to repair.

Obviously they didn't get Fail's memo saying how wonderful things are doing. Maybe he should reissue his memo.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, 1trailmaker said:

no it wasn't well stated, the article from ONEWAY SUN skips from topic to topic and from one government to another.  No mention of NAFTA affects and ends with DOUG WILL SAVE US.   

so well written even a ONEWAY RIGHT WINGER can understand it 

AC I don't know anyone not doing very well today, how about you :dunno:  are  your buddies closing the doors? 

Yeah right... you deal with backyard mechanics that aren't legitimate business operators dealing in cash only. The rest of the people you know are living off the government, most of which like you are employed but hardly working.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, 04nightfire said:

4C0768B7-3C2B-4C7D-8057-6F162FE60878.png

The start of the end for Trudope.

14 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Canadians will be able to legally purchase and consume recreational marijuana by mid-September at the latest after the Senate voted Tuesday to lift Canada’s 95-year prohibition on cannabis.

Senators voted 52-29, with two abstentions, to pass bill C-45, after seven months of study and debate.

Senators backed down on an amendment to the federal government’s cannabis legalization bill that would have recognized the authority of provincial governments to ban home cultivation of marijuana plants if they choose.

The Trudeau government rejected that amendment and senators voted 45-35 against insisting on it.

Quebec and Manitoba have already decided to ban home-grown weed, despite the fact that the federal bill specifies that individuals may grow up to four plants per dwelling.

The Senate’s amendment was intended to avoid legal challenges of the provinces’ constitutional authority to prohibit home cultivation.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/06/19/senate-passes-cannabis-bill/

Best thing to happen in decades 

Every one will soon be miraculously cured of all ailments.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Every one will soon be miraculously cured of all ailments.

And minors won't have access to pot, right....

We need Glen From The Beer Store in charge of pot sales. Because if you believe him there would be wide spread underage drinking w/o the The Beer Store...

Edited by revrnd

18 minutes ago, revrnd said:

And minors won't have access to pot, right....

We need Glen From The Beer Store in charge of pot sales. Because if you believe him there would be wide spread underage drinking w/o the The Beer Store...

underage SALES, the actual drinking will not change 

You can not deny that the LCBO and BEER STORE keep sales out of minors hands - 

In my area my buddy and several other convenience stores have been charged with selling cigarettes to minors, to think this doesn't happen is very ONEWAY NAIVE thinking 

but no moving forward, I see Doug allowing the sale of Booze and Pot in every corner store in Ontario - so GOOD THING or NOT :dunno:  

1 minute ago, steve6 said:

please for the love of god DOUG GET RID OF DRIVE CLEAN BULLSHIT

someone needs to put that though into his mind and he'll do it!

It was in the PC PLAN that he scrapped - hopefully he changes his mind or he will make you pay for it again :dunno:  

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

It was in the PC PLAN that he scrapped - hopefully he changes his mind or he will make you pay for it again :dunno:  

I can definitely see the gov paying for it bullshit go away. hopefully it means he gets rid of it all together

1 minute ago, steve6 said:

I can definitely see the gov paying for it bullshit go away. hopefully it means he gets rid of it all together

I bought a reader a decade ago, saved me lots of money so far.  The lame 'leak detected' has plagued me for a long time :lol: 

36 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

underage SALES, the actual drinking will not change 

You can not deny that the LCBO and BEER STORE keep sales out of minors hands - 

In my area my buddy and several other convenience stores have been charged with selling cigarettes to minors, to think this doesn't happen is very ONEWAY NAIVE thinking 

but no moving forward, I see Doug allowing the sale of Booze and Pot in every corner store in Ontario - so GOOD THING or NOT :dunno:  

No reason it should not be sold in corner stores, esp pot since its totally harmless.:lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Rona looked sweet tonight while blasting TRUMP - great squad we have bi-partisan at its best 

Big Swing in the economy coming real soon - Fuck Trump 16 billion in tariffs coming July 1

Chapchuk?

Us is getting screwed with trade, not by Canada, but overall.

Article is spot on.

This quote sums it up.  Wonderful job Justin, bravo.

Adding it all up, since the federal government took power in 2015 the amount of foreign direct investment into the country has been cut in half.

https://business.financialpost.com/investing/investing-pro/why-canadas-economy-is-at-risk-of-falling-behind

10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Article is spot on.

This quote sums it up.  Wonderful job Justin, bravo.

Nobody is going to invest when they see things like the pipeline fiasco just because the guy with the clown socks tells them to. But then again they just may... after all Kinder Morgan reaped a 637% ROI

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/06/26/trans-mountain-sale-kinder-morgan-report_a_23468557/

Government grossly overpaying for something isn't anything new.... You want to bet they sell it for much less than they paid for it. Likely fire sale rates.

• Sad 1

Harper is going to visit the White House... likely he can do more good than Trudope has been able to do on the trade front.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/harper-blindsides-trudeau-pmo-plans-visit-to-white-house-1.3992079 

U.S. has suggested it would be a lot easier to have a Canada / U.S. trade agreement and achieved much sooner than an all inclusive Canada / U.S. / Mexico agreement. Canada could have it's own Canada / Mexico agreement. Later a U.S. / Mexico agreement could be reached but Trudope is standing firm on all or nothing. If Mexico isn't part of a single agreement it's a no go.

Sounds like the playground kid who says play by my rules or I'm taking my ball and going home. Oh don't forget Trudope is still pushing the gender BS as part of a trade agreement.

He needs to go before he screws up Canada as badly as Wynnebag did Ontario.

Just saw AC posted the same link as I was doing this one.

Edited by 02sled

Let's not forget this one either from self proclaimed champion of women's rights.  "I have no recollection".  Likely too friggen stoned to remember anything.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/justin-trudeaus-reported-kokanee-grope-matters-but-not-for-the-obvious-reason/